Official NJDevs.com Wrestling Thread

sammyk

While some Internet speculation about TNA's upcoming "major announcement" has pointed in the way of Kurt Angle, the Wrestling-Observer Newsletter reports that a TNA deal is one of the papers Angle is least likely to sign.

The recently-released WWE wrestler has been investigating options in MMA (and has garnered the interest of virtually every major wrestling and MMA promoter), but in terms of wrestling, it's unlikely he would take a job that puts him in direct competition with WWE.

Angle wants to remain on good terms with the company

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey crasher when I get a chance, ill post some pics from Unforgiven, I sat in the 3rd row.

Did ya get any of Trish beating Lita with the sharpshooter??? That was my top moment of the night :clap:

dude you have KILLER seats !!!! :clap:

If you haven't sat in the first couple of rows yet for a show, I highly suggest just spending the money and getting good seats. I also got one of those chairs, the first 5 rows at a ppv get them. It's soooooo much better when your close, you can actually see when the guys screw up, Kane punched Umaga right in the face one time. It was def. worth the trip up to Toronto, plus I got to go the Hall of Fame and a Blue Jays game so it was an all sports weekend lol

Edited by Satans Hockey

We went up there for Summerslam in 2004 (the JBL/Undertaker debacle!!)

And I'll tell ya... sitting up high when the crowd revolted on half the matches was fantastic too!! Toronto is a great place to watch live wrestling ..... hell it explains why their hockey team is a bunched of washed up thugs who sould be polluting my screen on Monday Nights :P

I used to sit 3rd row for the WCW SHows in the Meadowlands... boy did they learn to HATE me :evil:

why is TNA bringing Rusoo in?? Other then the nWo did he do anyting for wrestling??

TNA has lost its way... although there are some really good wars going on now..

LAX - v Stlyes & Daniels

Rhyno-Cage has the opportunity to be awesome...

And the 3-way Abyss - Raven - Runt might be pretty exciting also...

OK so TNA has said that a MAJOR announcement will be made at No Surrender..

Glodberg??

Trish?? ( NOT)

Y2J?? ( Hey is singing gig ended early so I HOPE SO!!)

Angle??

Its got to be 1 of those.. they claim its an announcement that will change the face of TNA...

I think the only possible one out of those is Goldberg. Trish said she wants to get married and have kids so I think she is done forever or at least a few years. Y2J said he is done with wrestling forever because he likes his band too much. I don't see Angle joining TNA, Angle likes to be on the biggest stages and I don't think he would care for working in the studio down in Orlando. I personally think it's going to be them announcing a 2hr time slot and probably signing Goldberg and maybe even announcing that they are no longer doing shows in Orlando but they are going to start touring the country like the WWE does.

Angle wants to fight in MMA (insanity) and doesn't want to piss off Vince since he is talking about coming back for Wrestlemania

Goldberg is a TOTAL waste of time and life

Jericho and Trish I think are done with wrestling (for now) :evilcry:

the announcement is gonna be they are getting two hours and maybe airing LIVE on Mondays (again not too bright of them)

Well here's your announcement.... and it's two fold....

TNA goes to 9pm on Thursdays

and Kurt Angle signs with TNA.... not sure this is a good thing for his career however... and this KILLS any chance at Raw Deal Support :rant:

The more I thik about I love Angle in TNA... HUGE star who can do it all int he ring.. problem is how long before he gets the title. and is there anyone legit enough to ever dethrone him??

I guess they can et some heel to cheat angle out of the title here and there...

But this should put JJ back to midcad status!!

Well I was wrong. I was shocked last night watching the ppv. The advertisement is great though, "OUR RING MAY HAVE 6 SIDES BUT IT HAS ONLY ONE ANGLE"

Also Angle isn't going to wrestle until they move to primetime. He also can't wrestle for 90 days anyway because of his no wrestle contract with the WWE.

Edited by Satans Hockey

Angle/Samoa Joe could be phenominal..... could also be the match that ends Angle's career too :P

I'd love to see Angle in the X-Division against some of those guys too... talk about taking that belt to the next level.... but like I said I will be AMAZED if he is still alive in 6 months....

Well the move will work on me. I have never watched TNA before but I will want to see Angle's first match in it for sure.

give it a month to get to know the talent (and aside from Jarrett) you'll like it more then the crap on Monday and Friday (well minus the JBL who is on his own level of immortality!)

so wait does tna have any actual wrestling? or is the same sports entertainment spectacle of the wwe? The press release made it sound like there's actual wrestling.

Depends on what you mean by it

will you see MMA/Shoot fighting... NO

but will you see 20 minute interviews or male cheerleaders or bikini-jello wrestling matches ?? NO

you'll see actual wrestling matches and real skilled people busting their asses in WRESTLING, but yes the outcome is still pre-determined.....

My biggest problem w/ TNA.. Commercial breaks int he middle of ggreat matches!!!

Heh.... Brian was just screaming about that on Sunday!

It's true though, but they only have an hour... it's tough because they HAVE to deliver on TV EVERY week and that means longer matches.... I just wish on the DVDs they'd do some editing and show the stuff in the breaks like Colosseum Video used to!

• 2 months later...

So now that Heyman is gone from WWE does he show up at TNA??

Seriously he has got to be pissed that he brought ECW back to life only to lose controll and eventually his job over bad rting when he never really had the controll he wanted to begin with..

Heyman in TNA w/ Rhino... could be a very good thing... TNA just keeps gaining momentum!!

Imagine Heyman, RVD and Jericho in TNA... it could be fantastc!!!!

RVD in the X-Division.... I salivate already at this thought!!!

WWECW was never really the same thing, the PPV was simply the death blow.....

I'd love to see a balls-out WAR of TNA and WWECW personally!