Anyone Catch Jd's Show On Msg?

Rock

I thought it was pretty good, but I'm reserving judgement until I see a few more.

The opening segment was talking hockey with Mats Sundin over lunch at a Swedish restaurant in NYC.

Then they had a panel discussion over hitting or lack of with a couple of writers and Roenick.

The final segements were JD discussing the fortunes of the 3 local hockey clubs.

Then finally, JD states his own opinions of NHL matters.

I thought it was pretty good, but I'm reserving judgement until I see a few more.

The opening segment was talking hockey with Mats Sundin over lunch at a Swedish restaurant in NYC.

Then they had a panel discussion over hitting or lack of with a couple of writers and Roenick.

The final segements were JD discussing the fortunes of the 3 local hockey clubs.

Then finally, JD states his own opinions of NHL matters.

I didn't catch JD's show... :evilcry:

Did he say anything interesting about the 3 local hockey clubs? More importantly, what was said about the DEVILS? Anything good? :clap::clap:

I didn't catch JD's show... :evilcry:

Did he say anything interesting about the 3 local hockey clubs? More importantly, what was said about the DEVILS? Anything good? :clap::clap:

He said the Devils are doing very good under the strict coaching of Pat Burns and the playing of the "MVP of the East" Martin Brodeur!! B)

He said the Islanders will do well if Yashin gets hot.

He said the Rangers to make the playoffs need a healthy Bure and Leetch.

He said the Rangers to make the playoffs need a healthy Bure and Leetch.

Well he may get one out of two. The Dailynews said that while both Bure and Leetch started to do some light skating that only Bure was due back within the next couple of weeks. Bure indicated that he would like to be back by the All Star break. Leetch, on the other hand, stated that he could not yet do any sudden starts and stops while skating. It was also the first time that I saw a quote from Leetch using the dreaded phrase "Out for the remainder of the season". Leetch indicated that he didn't think he would be out for the rest of the year. Obviously that concern has started to come up.

I noticed that season ending comment from Leetch as well, not a good sign.

Thing is, the Rangers need Leetch and Bure to come back and be Leetch and Bure. When you miss 1/3 of the season with an injury, oftentimes returning to an elite level doesn't happen overnight.

As for JD's show, completly forgot about it. I'm sure MSG will have a few reruns. The fact that we are getting a half-decent hockey show in our area is a good thing.

I only saw the parting commentary but ANY hockey show is a good show.

I only hope that JD doesn't allow his newly found Ranger bias to creep into his hockey

views.

I haven't liked JD this season--at all.

I used to enjoy him because he used to call an objective game, but for some reason this year he makes too many weak excuses for the Ranger$ misfortune and blaming officials when the Rangers lose.

I

used to enjoy him because he used to call an objective game, but for some reason this year he makes too many weak excuses for the Ranger$ misfortune and blaming officials when the Rangers lose.

Not trying to carry JD's water bucket, but in the half dozen times I caught the post game report I didn't hear him pull any punches. Sam Rosen usually tries to through a few softball comments to JD trying to find a bright spot but JD usually passes on them. I think it was after a bad loss to Tampa, JD really lit into the team about defense and taking dumb penalties. I was surprised at tone given he is employed by MSG.

I think what happens is that when the Rangers win he tends to overkill the positives.

In any event I wouldn't cry if he ever replaced Chico as color commentator.

I caught the last half of the show so I guess the only thing I missed was most of the Sundin interview. Did catch the blurb on the Devs and Marty...heh. But it looks as if they're trying to really make it an NHL show and not a NY/NJ show. That'd be fine by me, especially since I don't expect JD to give the Devs a lot of airtime and I don't want to see a lot of Ranger airtime. :lol:

BTW I have to agree with DD, the few times I've seen Ranger games or parts of Ranger games, JD's been very critical of the Rangers. Even one of the games they beat Carolina in he was exacerbated wondering why this team didn't play like that all year. After the end of the Philly game I know they were very critical of the Ranger effort in the second and third periods.

I watched the whole thing. I didn't even mind the Sundin segment, now if it had been Tucker or Domi I would have turned it off.

The panel on hitting was interesting, the biggest point brought up was that the refs seem to be inconsistent on this (what a surprise) and big hits are never called consistently one way or another. Although they did agree that many of the hits that are being called for penalties now would never have been a few years ago.

John Dellapina wants them to outlaw the Stevens-Lindros hit. I wonder if he felt that way when Lindros was a Flyer? He admits that it is technically legal but wants it banned.

I don't know if anyone else caught this, but I was alternating between FSNY & MSG for tonights game and it was interesting to listen to the annoucers interpretation of different plays. (my channels are 88 & 87).

The most interesting of the 1st-2nd periods:

Lindros levels Kvasha:

JD: "It was an accident; Just two players colliding. Wow! Lindros just crushed Kvasha who is still on the ice. I don't think either player saw the other."

Isles telecast: "Can't see how interference wasn't called. Clearly in the replay Lindros eyes Kvasha who did not have the puck on the penalty kill. Interference should have been called.

Accuracy: Isles telecast. You can see in the replay that Lindros eyes him and lines him up and lowers his shoulder.

Mironov hit on Peca:

JD: "Peca is down. He's had problems with his knees and his shoulder. He's recently had surgury on both. That might be the problem."

ISLES: That was a vicious and illegal hit from behind by Mironov. (Peca seen on bench trying to shake off the whiplash).

Accuracy: Isles telecast. It was a vicious crosscheck.

Once again for some reason JD s just biast this season.

Is he pitching for the GM job after Slats potentially gets fired this April??

What the heck? Why are they having a rangers telecast AND an isles telecast? Who wants to bet that if there was a Devils game tonight they would have put the Devs on Metro. So stupid. Anyway, I think out of all 3 local team color guys that Joe Micheletti is the least homerish.

yea, I was waiting for Sam to mumble "rangers got away with one" as he usually does, but he didn't. I can't believe that didn't acknowledge that dirty hit on Peca. JD was just ranting and raving about how Mironov is a horse and stuff <_