NBC, OLN, N.H.L. Try to Melt the Ice

Rock

1) Every game in HD.. Hockey is at least 100X better in HD

2) get a channel the people have heard of ansds actually get on their cable system!!!

3) you need more then 5 regular season games to pump the playoffs!!

4) PUSH rivalries!!!

I'll add more fixes later...

2) get a channel the people have heard of ansds actually get on their cable system!!!

3) you need more then 5 regular season games to pump the playoffs!!

4) PUSH rivalries!!!

I'll add more fixes later...

100% agreement. :clap:

OLN isnt bad. I think the OLN will be great in a few years, and it allows hockey to grow with it. As more systems pick up OLN (and hockey can offer an incentive), the more coverage the NHL will get.

Those who dont have OLN need to complain and request it, and eventually, it'll be added.

I see this going very positively, we knew it wasnt going to happen over night.

OLN isnt bad. I think the OLN will be great in a few years, and it allows hockey to grow with it. As more systems pick up OLN (and hockey can offer an incentive), the more coverage the NHL will get.

Those who dont have OLN need to complain and request it, and eventually, it'll be added.

I see this going very positively, we knew it wasnt going to happen over night.

I am all for NHL being on TV, but I saw my first game on OLN on Tuesday (I cannot afford standard cable myself), it was the CAR/BUF game, and to be fair, the commentators SUCKED.

Their phrases were so completely non-hockey type, most of the time I was trying to figure out what they hell they were referring to. Also for a good 1/4 to 1/2 a period the play-by-play guy didn't even bother with the play-by-play, just joking about something I think was non-hockey, even though there was a lot going on at the time.

That said, I still wish I could actually get OLN.

I am all for NHL being on TV, but I saw my first game on OLN on Tuesday (I cannot afford standard cable myself), it was the CAR/BUF game, and to be fair, the commentators SUCKED.

You're right. When they bring in people like Doc or JD when Gary Thorne is available, you know that they suck.

Couldn't agree more - I have friends who are non or fair weather hockey fans who rave about the quality of hockey in HD. The conversion to HD will eventually happen by government mandate (March of '09 is the mandated switch but I don't know if that covers stations that aren't over the air).

The NHL would be wise to push this earlier and have Fox Sports get their games in HD on a regular basis on all systems.

Like I said before. The OLN has been getting better as they have been going. Originally, everything was aweful. The picture, the sound, the stage... The quality beyond Doc/JD is rather lacking. And to be honest I liked Thorn in a way... I just dont think you can pair Clement and Thorne together.

I still don't understand why people don't like to watch Hockey on TV, but OLN isn't helping much. Every time I read articles like this I start to fear for the entire NHL...and then I realize that if pro paintball exists then some version of the NHL will always exist, and I relax.