Patrick Elias

Reverend_Hellh0und

There is no way Elias leaves the Devils, especially after last season when Lou came and basically rescued him from Russia. All you have to do is read his commentary and how endeared he is to this organization.

He will probably take less money to stay in NJ if he gets a long term contract.

Joe, they got the best they could from Rozsival. But he faded badly down the stretch. He'll go to arbitration though and win big. I'd decline the award and make him a free agent.

Regarding Elias, that's a nice story. But you never know. A lot of things can change between now and the summer. I'm sure the Devils will do everything in their power to sign him longterm.

HEre's the thing with Rozsival. Currently the Rangers have Kasparaitis, Malik, Tyutin and Ozolinsh under contract for next year. Assuming Staal makes the team. Then there is only room for one other regular defenseman, which would be better served by signing Chara or Redden - Ottawa won't re-sign both - rather than giving money to Rozsival.

Personally, I think Chara will be resigned by the Sens and Redden will go to another team.

JMO on that one.

alot of teams want elias after the last 4 games he has had...

we will see if he wants to win cups or play for $$$$

Hopefully he takes a hint from brodeur and stays here with less money and more cups

HEre's the thing with Rozsival. Currently the Rangers have Kasparaitis, Malik, Tyutin and Ozolinsh under contract for next year. Assuming Staal makes the team. Then there is only room for one other regular defenseman, which would be better served by signing Chara or Redden - Ottawa won't re-sign both - rather than giving money to Rozsival.

Personally, I think Chara will be resigned by the Sens and Redden will go to another team.

JMO on that one.

I wouldn't assume Staal is making the team - it takes a really special player to start in the NHL one season after his draft year with no minor league experience. Scott Niedermayer special. I know they're high on him but this can't be considered a lock by any means.

Ozolinsh is gone. Either they waive him, or he somehow gets traded (no chance with that albatross of a contract). I can't see the Rangers paying him 2.75M to score 40 points and be awful. Thomas Pock grabs his spot on the blueline.

Everyone is out for one of those two Ottawa defenders and I think the Rangers could be making a serious mistake by signing either one. They do not want to get hooked into a big max contract that they will still be paying when they're searching for a Jagr replacement. If I were a team in the Rangers' spot I would wait for July 2007 to do my shopping - NHL revenues should not increase by a significant margin, and teams should be running into the salary cap with no way out. Plus this gives them another year with the dreck they currently call a blueline to see who is worth it and who isn't.

I doubt Elias is going anywhere also. He's in his prime with the Devils and one of their greatest assets. Lou is one of the best managers in the game and will do all he can to keep him. The Devils are a team of loyalty and tradition, you don't see their biggest players being tossed around much (Brodeur for example, Niedermayer being the exception). Why break down the machine when it is at it's best? Next fall we'll see Elias bearing the C on his jersey.

^^ Exactly....my main points are the Nieds and Marty contracts...its about loyalty...Lou was willing to give Nieds the money he wanted (topped at over 7 mil) and give Marty the length and no trade clause....Elias is the only other person on the team that is in the league of important impact player other than Marty...I have the utmost confidence that Lou will make the smart move and Elias will stay here wearing the "C" next year...

JMO on that one.

You would know better than myself since you've covered them. Isn't Tyutin a Group II again this summer?

Ozolinsh will be bought out.

Chara would fit in their system better than Redden. That's the guy I'd try for.

Hopefully he takes a hint from brodeur and stays here with less money and more cups

Less money and no agent = player actually making more money than higher salary and cut for agent...Stevens and Broduer have both said they took pay cuts and netted more money.