Marty=NHL MVP So Far?

Devilsdude530

C'mon folks, we saw it today, we saw it Tuesday vs. Buffalo.

Marty is the reason we are in half of these games. He is standing on his head. It sucks that we don't have a better record because then everyone will realize this but...

I think marty has been the MVP of the league so far this year, with Crosby and Hossa also there.

What do you think?

Marty's having an MVP year and he'll get some votes because I don't believe like half the board that the Devils are going to suddenly slide into a 38-37-7 type year. Marty'll get his wins when the offense picks up, but it damn well better pick up soon or it's going to be another dogfight just to make the playoffs. There are too many goalies having good-great years though, I'm not sure any of them will get the MVP.

In any case, it's too early to have this kind of talk since the season's not even half over yet but if they voted soon, probably Crosby would win it at this rate if he keeps up this incredible rate of scoring.

Teemu Selanne's having an MVP-type year but he won't win it cause there are too many other great players on the Ducks.

I don't think either Ranger has a shot but if one of them gets considered it should be Jagr - despite the media and the hockey world being up Shanahan's butt, Jagr's numbers are much better.

Edited by Hasan4978

In some games like yesterday, I agree. In others, not at all. How can a goalie get MVP consideration when they're not even guaranteed to win the Vezina? It's hard.

It's too early to think about MVP to be honest. How many games have been played? A lot can change. Talk to me in February or March.

Brodeur is never going to get serious consideration as MVP with the Devils. They've been too good for too long - you need to play for a garbage team and make them into a winner.

And - Derek's right. Jaromir Jagr had the MVP all sewn up in March, then hit a bad run while Thornton continued to dominate out West.