Why Do You Love Hockey?

CaptainScotty

and that would be the last goal Dave Hannan ever scored in the playoffs :D

but we were lucky that game even went into OT, remember one of the Sabres scored a goal(might've been Ken Sutton) that was called back because Jason Dawe was in the crease? I think Claude pushed him in, locked him up and wouldn't let him go, so they call off the goal and give us a powerplay!

these games really stick with you

I found the words that Thorne and Clement said while on the ground, not walking in the tunnel.

Thorne: Sydor down on the ice still trying to get up.

Clement: What an effort by Sydor trying to drag his carcus to the front of net so he can block a shot.

Now they are saying that while he is falling and trying to crawl to the net was what hockey is all about.

Here are a couple of things that make hockey great.

Yzerman playing on one leg all of last years playoffs and leading his team to win the Cup.

Bobby Clarke holding the Stanley Cup with a bloody face and hardly any teeth.

The passion of my whole country when Canada won the Gold Medal in Hockey with people honking their horns all over. People going nuts all over the streets and when it was like the biggest thing in the world.

When non fighters drop the gloves because of how emotional the game is.

When Matt Barnaby scores. I love it.

Like someone said Sydor dragging himself to block a shot. That is what the game is about.

When the All-Star game gets competitive like it did this year with the shootout.

The way you feel when your favourite team wins the Stanley Cup. It makes ya think, to you it is more then a game

The thing is it is so true with the Mastercard commercials.

Devils Jersey 100 dollars

Devils hat 25 dollars

Tickets to the Stanley Cup finals 500 dollars

Watching your favourite team win the Stanley Cup priceless.

Speed, determination, flowing beautiful plays, the sound of checking into the boards, real emotions (specially in the playoffs), fighting, goaltending......

Footie (soccer) is the same as hockey just with more men on the pitch and a bit slower. Two great and similiar games.... Go Devils and up the Arsenal!

I found the words that Thorne and Clement said while on the ground, not walking in the tunnel.

Thorne: Sydor down on the ice still trying to get up.

Clement: What an effort by Sydor trying to drag his carcus to the front of net so he can block a shot.

Now they are saying that while he is falling and trying to crawl to the net was what hockey is all about.

I remember the part about showing guts and if "you don't have guts, you stay on the bench." Something like that.

Hockey is a majestic sport comprised of skill,speed, grace, guts and will. If you have never played hockey on ice before it's hard to explain. There is a sound your skates make as they cut through the ice. There is a feel to the air, there are sounds that you hear on the ice that somebody just watching can not pick up on. The feel of hitting a puck solid. I love hockey in all it's glory.

Tri:

Everyone on the ice counts. It's not like football, where there's clearly a hierarchy of players. Any guy can get the glory, whether it's Wayne Gretzky, Uwe Krupp, or Dave Hannan (someone get my obscure reference...).

Dave Hannan is not an obscure reference to Devs fans, sadly :lol:

Uwe Krupp; yeah I do remember that he clinched the Cup for Colorado in '96 with the only goal in the triple overtime game.

BTW, ESB it was Melrose who said the part about "This game's about courage, passion and bravery, if you haven't got any bravery you stay on the bench".

Let me elaborate on that - I hate sitting first row, but the experience of it once or twice is priceless. (When the Caps have poor attendance, we sit in the first row.) Seeing a hockey player that close puts so much more into the game. The movements of their eyes. How fast they stop. How big they are. How AMAZINGLY hard they hit -- if you think a check from Stevens doesn't hurt, you are dead wrong. And, by the same token, how fast they get up from those gruesome hits.

Everything you see up close brings so much more reality into watching the game. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about the 200 level. But every devoted hockey fan should get a chance to see one game from the first row. You see all the pain and excitement up so close that you can practically feel it. The fights near you don't make you cheer but wince in pain. Think hockey fights are "fake" or "weak"? In the first row, you'll hear how hard the punches are. You'll hear their breathing, desperately grasping for breath as they try to stay in the fight.

Having your favorite player check an enemy into the boards right in front of your face is priceless.

Too bad, at least at the MCI Center, it's actually $230.

Well sheeps first post sort of says it well for me. See I love the grace and flow -- I love it when hockey makes logical sense and it all works like clockwork...but the passion comes in when things are sort of on the verge of sucking. I like that there are so many games. I like the highs and lows. I like everyone working together -- I love that - everyone has a different style with a common vision. :evil: Hockey makes the same sense to me that life itself does - I like the work of it - that's why high scoring gifted folks sort of irritate me. ity makes that game fun in a way but it's not realistic in another way :) I could go on and on huh? and STILL make no sense!

Anyone ever have Kings bobka? chocolate I can do with out but that cinnimon crap is doing me in! I have to go eat some fruit or something!