GDT: Devils @ Flyers 3/6/07 7:00PM

Devilish34

Not complaining here, but "closing hand on puck"? Everything going on in this game and they call "closing hand on puck"? Eh.

What's the referee signal for such a penalty anyway?

Left hand picking arse

Loughlin said Gionta "tweaked" the groin. He's being held out as a precaution. fvcking terriffic. :argh:

GREAT :(

I was sitting in my seat looking for him and had feared that was the case

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been able to watch a game in awhile and I guess this is a good thing as things seem to be in a slump as of late. I'm just glad this is happening now and not at the way end of the season/beginning of the playoffs. Hopefully we'll get our act together next game.

What bothers me the most is that this team isn't improving past this point over the next few years. None of our prospects appear to be impact players and if Gomez leaves Lou will fail to replace him in the free agent market. Not to mention Marty being on the downside of his career. I hope someone can prove me wrong but I'm not hopeful for the next 5 years of this team.

At least that game wasn't boring like the Bruins game. That was the quietest regular season crowd I have seen in Philly in awhile but the place was pretty packed and gave Biron a standing ovation for that one insane save.

Yeah and they just played some DESPERATE teams which can be more dangerous than good teams. Tor and Boston are fighting for their playoff lives.

Yeah so desperate Toronto lost its prior two games (and the game after the Devils) and Boston got shut out at home by a mediocre Colorado team, that factor can be a bit overrated.

I would have forgiven last night if the Devils had maybe shown up against Boston or not blown a huge lead against Toronto. Hell, they blew THREE leads last night! No excuse not to give their best effort against the Flyers especially given the team had motivation from the Flyers trying to run our players last game.

Edited by Hasan4978

Ok, since we traded Hale our defense looks lost. Everyone seems to overcompensate to cover for Greene, and consequently is out of position.

Since Greene has been put in the line-up we are 0-3 and Marty is averaging more than 30+ shots per game.

Not saying Hale was a great player, but our team played more organized with him back there. Hale was 100x's more physical than Greene, who is pushed around with ease.

When is Matvichuk back? We need him badly right now.

Edited by MantaRay

Ok, since we traded Hale our defense looks lost. Everyone seems to overcompensate to cover for Greene, and consequently is out of position.

Since Greene has been put in the line-up we are 0-3 and Marty is averaging more than 30+ shots per game.

Not saying Hale was a great player, but our team played more organized with him back there. Hale was 100x's more physical than Greene, who is pushed around with ease.

Im hoping they get Gio on IR for cap space :pray:

I know Lou said Matty had not been cleared to play though :(

But Greene backed off the puck at least 3 times right in front of me.

My wife and I just looked at each other like wtf???

Im hoping they get Gio on IR for cap space :pray:

I know Lou said Matty had not been cleared to play though :(

But Greene backed off the puck at least 3 times right in front of me.

My wife and I just looked at each other like wtf???

Greene plays too scared and is obviously NOT READY for Prime time. I think Lou made a rare mistake.

He could have just traded Hale prior to the Draft. I am feeling alot less confident in this team since the trade deadline.

Section 113, fantastic seats. The Flyers fans around me were nice as well. They were all saying that they can't wait for Marty to retire because they are sick of seeing him beat them and than we go and give up 5 goals. :doh1:

Hey guys,

I'm the new guy here.

I too went to the game last night.

Pretty intense.

I was at Section 121. Surronded by Flyers fans that were pretty rude to me.

They never talked back after I said, "We'll see you in the Playoffs....oh wait...you'll be playing golf...SORRY"

Also after Biron had a saving spree and made his magical fart save, the fans behind me were like "That's the REAL MARTY" I'm like "dude, how many shut outs has he had?"

They really are intimidating fans.

Overall intense game. Wish we won so i coulda rubbed it in there faces a bit.

But hey, Free Chic-Fil-A.