Bring back Lou behind the bench!!!!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This team just isn't that talented (save Marty). They have to play very well to in order to win. They are capable of doing so for long stretches at a time but in a game to game basis if that effort is there they will lose consistently - doesn't matter who they are playing. They have very little margin for error and it is impossible to play that way for 82 games. After they swept the Rangers and shut out Pittsburgh they took their foot off the gas. It is up to Julien to get them to back into it. That is what coaching is all about.

Sit Gio until March 31st as we need him in April. Julien is scared to play a more physical game as he had a few chances to get this team united behind a good scrum that could have ignited the team during the 2nd period. Instead the team was hit by Hatcher, Richards and every other line that that was thrown at them during the first two periods.

Grabbed a nice point tonight on enemy ice. Just wish Julien was prepared for the physical play and let them play attitude by the refs expected in a Devs/Flyers matchup.

Julien wasn't.

On the West Coast they were losing to GOOD teams though (other than the no-show in Phoenix). Championship teams don't lose a ton of games they're supposed to win and this team's done that now. On top of it Gionta reaggravated his injury.

The Pens came back? Good, I hope they win. Maybe if the Pens are within 7 instead of 9 it'll create a bit more urgency for the team to play Thursday.

Got to be kidding me! Sh*t! :rant: Looks like pittsburgh might get that 1 point back here then maybe gain one on the Devils.

Devils just blew another game tonight which is three against non-playoff teams. Not good. I agree that Gionta needs to shut it down until he is 100% or ready for the playoffs.

Ummmmm who exactly is going to play physical without Cam around?....We also need to score. If you haven't noticed Sarge, Patrik, Gomer, Jamie, Travis and Zach aren't exactly bangers.

We don't have a power forward who bang some bodies.

With that said, that's why I kind of prefer Rass on the Madden line.

Ummmmm who exactly is going to play physical without Cam around?....We also need to score. If you haven't noticed Sarge, Patrik, Gomer, Jamie, Travis and Zach aren't exactly bangers.

We don't have a power forward who bang some bodies.

With that said, that's why I kind of prefer Rass on the Madden line.

Tonight this Flyers team was a way different team than the one the Devils beat five times this season. With all the moves the Flyers made they are a much younger and faster team along with some of their veterans like Gagne and Kapanen plus the addition of Biron. The Flyers looked better tonight than previous games and have been playing a lot better as of late. They just looked one step faster and more hungrier to the pucks than the Devils. The Flyers have nothing to play for and they played hard and finally won over the Devils. Devils blew this game defensively and out of position all night plus two lucky goals off of deflections.

I don't believe it. :argh:

If Hale took the body more often than not, he'd still be here. He was a collegiate big-man-who-plays-small, which Lou is great at drafting.

Rupp is a fighter now? He took Braydon Coburn, also not a fighter. He'd get killed against most any heavyweight. We needed Janssen out there and he wasn't there - nothing could be done.

Tonight this Flyers team was a way different team than the one the Devils beat five times this season. With all the moves the Flyers made they are a much younger and faster team along with some of their veterans like Gagne and Kapanen plus the addition of Biron. The Flyers looked better tonight than previous games and have been playing a lot better as of late. They just looked one step faster and more hungrier to the pucks than the Devils. The Flyers have nothing to play for and they played hard and finally won over the Devils. Devils blew this game defensively and out of position all night plus two lucky goals off of deflections.

If Hale took the body more often than not, he'd still be here. He was a collegiate big-man-who-plays-small, which Lou is great at drafting.

Rupp is a fighter now? He took Braydon Coburn, also not a fighter. He'd get killed against most any heavyweight. We needed Janssen out there and he wasn't there - nothing could be done.

Biron sucks and they are nowhere near as talented as the Devs. Their latest moves may have made the faster but that does not mean better as they lack everything from a number 1 center, dman and goalie. I hope they blow for the next 30 years!
Edited by SatansDevils

I'll take three loses in a row in March over three in a row in April or May.

Quoted for emphasis. It's better that the Devils get the losing out of their systems now rather than when it counts. Sure, it sucks losing to the dregs of the league like this, but better now than later.

I hope they blow for the next 30 years too! :evil: They are faster and younger now and still have some key veterans there. Biron is not that bad and made some great saves tonight. Some were lucky as well. I never said the Flyers were more or as talented than the Devils. They are not. Devils have way better talent and a better team.

Sh*t! Pittsburgh wins 5-4 in the shootout! Devils only up 7 points now. HUGE game on Thursday! Devils know it and will step it up especially Brodeur.

Who f'in cares about Pitt! Worry about the health of this team and a goaltender who needs a rest. Julien and the rest of French Canada are more concerned with Roy and his records than they are about this team winning NOW!

OK, so maybe I'm pushing it there a little bit with the whole French Canada thing. :P But for the Devs to be concerned with Crosby and Pitt is a joke! Look at #1 if you're going to look at anybody in the standings and I bet that is were Lou is looking.