My thoughts....

overtime98

.....Wasnt sure where to post this so I started a new thread.... feel free to move into an exsisting thread if it is neccasery!

First let me say I had a great time saturday (besides the loss). I was in the parking to start the tailgate and 12:00 noon. I didnt leave the parking lot till 11:30pm that night. What a day and night. Just and awesome day tailgating. The only thing I will miss from CAA. Really had a great time playing hockey, drinking, eating good food, and BS'ing with friends. It was a nice sunny day and the flags were up the whole time!

From the game, I thought the Refs were horrible. Plain and Simple. I also thought we were OUTCOACHED. Tortarella did an excellent job saturday night. Besides seperating St. Louis and pencil neck, he was quicker on the changers than Lou was. Lou better wake up and start acting like a COACH instead of a "GM on the bench". The fact that they said in the paper that Madden and Pando will stay together and only worry about "pencil necks" line is ridiculous, unless Lou will surprise Tampa and do something opposite of what he said. St. louis will have a field day if Tortarella has him against the EGG line or PLZ line..... Split up Madden and Pando. Madden should be on the ice when Vinny is and Pando when St. Louis is. Simple.

We also NEED SIZE. Clarkson, Janssen, or Pelley. Pelley and Clarkson scored yesterday in thier season finale. Lowell is DONE, bring these guys up. we were getting pushed around. WE NEED THESE TOUGH GUYS!!!!!! I love Dowd, Rasmussen also plays hard, but we need bigger MORE aggressive size. We have 2 lines that can and should be scoring.

Also, Gomez is starting to bother me now too, I am a gomez defender and supporter and I still believe he will stay with this team, BUT he needs to have better decisions with the puck. Not just the obvious shoot the puck, but better choices on passing and skating with the puck. He really has his head up his a**.

I also agree with everyone that parise seems to be playing the hardest and making the most out of every shift. Him and that line is playing well. But when St. Louis is on against this line, they are forced to play more defensive style. This is one of the reason why Lou was out coached saturday.

/end rant.

LETS GO DEVILS!!

I found Saturday really tough to swallow. White, Madden, Elias, Gomez.. just none of the vets are stepping up. The youngsters are the only people engaged in play. It just bummed me out. Rafalski is in and out -- I just dont get why no one is plugged in the full 60 minutes - not even Marty.

I'm a big "Chemistry is everything" person -- but there's MORE to hockey than mere chemistry. With Chemistry alone it's just a bunch of great guys -- it's a team of jeff friesens -- :saddevil: I dont know what to say about the team. Everyone is saying true things --

maybe not. But we cant let St. Louis go and have a field day against our none defensive lines.

this is my solution. If St. Louis is on the ice, pandolfo should follow, is Vinny is on the ice Madden should follow. if it means the lines get juggled a little so be it. thats where Lou needs to step in and be a COACH and OUT SMART Tampa's coaching staff.

I found Saturday really tough to swallow. White, Madden, Elias, Gomez.. just none of the vets are stepping up. The youngsters are the only people engaged in play. It just bummed me out. Rafalski is in and out -- I just dont get why no one is plugged in the full 60 minutes - not even Marty.

I'm a big "Chemistry is everything" person -- but there's MORE to hockey than mere chemistry. With Chemistry alone it's just a bunch of great guys -- it's a team of jeff friesens -- :saddevil: I dont know what to say about the team. Everyone is saying true things --

Edited by mackchi

We also NEED SIZE. Clarkson, Janssen, or Pelley. Pelley and Clarkson scored yesterday in thier season finale. Lowell is DONE, bring these guys up. we were getting pushed around. WE NEED THESE TOUGH GUYS!!!!!! I love Dowd, Rasmussen also plays hard, but we need bigger MORE aggressive size. We have 2 lines that can and should be scoring.

The breakup idea is a pretty good one, Jerry. After all, we only attack with 2 lines anyway. So what's the difference if we split up Pando and Madden. The other lines only shoot the puck in and look to see who's on the ice and either stay or get off.

I just think by breaking up Madden and Pando you would be creating another non offense line. This team needs to score goals. If EGG had their sh*t together Saturday, we would be bragging about a win right now. Things just need to click. I can't remember the last time I saw EVERYONE play for 60 min. But whenever it was, I bet it was amazing because that's what this team can do. So whatever, TB can score three goals per game, let's go get 4... no reason they can't.

It would not be a good idea to split up Madden and Pandolfo. Like I said before they have been together for well over 10 years and Lou will not split them up. As for Gomez, he is a goner and he is playing like he is a goner. He had a great Game 1 with 3 assists but was no where to be found in Game 2. The EGG line needs to be consistant like the Parise, Langenbrunner, Zajac line.

The Devils have the size out there with Rasmussen, Dowd and Rupp. They just need to use their size and bang around the smaller team in TB for Game 3. Janssen is hurt I believe and from what Lou says he will not play in this series. Clarkson and Pelley would be good for Game 3 or Game 4 with their size and Clarkson can do it all.

Saturdays game did not sit well with me either and it feels like a long two days so far and cannot wait to see this Devils team for Game 3 tonight. They have to play Devils hockey and Brodeur needs to be sharp and not let in bad goals. with that the Devils should win Game 3 tonight and the series. Nothing less from this team would be very upsetting and the players have said that as well in recent articles. :evil:

Edited by SatansDevils

It would not be a good idea to split up Madden and Pandolfo. Like I said before they have been together for well over 10 years and Lou will not split them up. As for Gomez, he is a goner and he is playing like he is a goner. He had a great Game 1 with 3 assists but was no where to be found in Game 2. The EGG line needs to be consistant like the Parise, Langenbrunner, Zajac line.

The Devils have the size out there with Rasmussen, Dowd and Rupp. They just need to use their size and bang around the smaller team in TB for Game 3. Janssen is hurt I believe and from what Lou says he will not play in this series. Clarkson and Pelley would be good for Game 3 or Game 4 with their size and Clarkson can do it all.

Saturdays game did not sit well with me either and it feels like a long two days so far and cannot wait to see this Devils team for Game 3 tonight. They have to play Devils hockey and Brodeur needs to be sharp and not let in bad goals. with that the Devils should win Game 3 tonight and the series. Nothing less from this team would be very upsetting and the players have said that as well in recent articles. :evil:

I know I keep repeating myself but the key for St. Louis is "Hit 'em hard and hit 'em often". He should get at least 30 deep bruises per game. And if I see White let Lacavalier walk in front of the net one more time untouched, I'm gonna scream.

I wouldn't split Madden and Pandolfo -- but as I said in the game thread (and refrained from saying again because olp is right -- White ain't there either - not like he should be... Where is a number one dman? and... where the hell is John Madden? I mean yeah, he's there and all - but he needs to bring more to the table.

Positioning is just half assed -- it's all so half assed and I feel like it's not being outplayed it's --- it's these guys aren't even playing... Are they watching the game and sort of being inthe right spot kind of maybe?

I like the way they can move the puck up ice - there are nice rushes but...then that's it.. that's the youngsters doing that.

Edited by msweet