After one year...how do you like our new goal song?

metallidevils

At first, when I listened to Ole on Devils' official site [when there was a poll], I thought that song was kinda a joke. :lol: And although I got used to it and you are right that it's quite uniqe, I still think they should change it. I'm not sure if I would like to hear it in the Devils arena, but I have to admit I LOVE Zombie Nation as a goal song. :P

And from other songs currently being used in the NHL, I really like BroHymn (only Ducks use it AFAIK, so we would be just the 2nd team to use it, and we're in the other conference, so we see each other once for three years ;P). But maybe they will come up with something original next season. And i wonder if they will decide to make a new horn. :blink:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. :evil:

I hope not (obviously), and I really doubt they will. Frankly it's nice to see so many teams trying something else. Gary Glitter doesn't deserve the royalties. And I like hearing everyone's unique goal songs, particulaly ours, as I've argued a million times before.

I really think it's going to stay Ole. Not much changes with the Devils, and they don't have too many one-year experiments just to go back to the way it was (except for coaches, natch)

this song "ole" was the least imaginative song they could have gone with. it's used in soccer, and is'nt it what the canadiens use for their goals?

the devils should get a new song for their new building.

BTW - this was within a letter from the Devils PR department:

NHL teams used to pay a blanket fee that went towards copyrighted music. This year, teams are required to provide a play list of songs played every game. Now, copyright fees go directly to the song, its owner and the original writer. Also, if cover songs are used, it is very likely that original version would receive some sort of compensation. Obviously, the New Jersey Devils do not support Gary Glitters' actions and this is a way for the organization to show their displeasure.

Now I realize that many of you would prefer that the Devils organization have less class, but I, for one, am happy that they made the decisions they did.

I hope not (obviously), and I really doubt they will. Frankly it's nice to see so many teams trying something else. Gary Glitter doesn't deserve the royalties. And I like hearing everyone's unique goal songs, particulaly ours, as I've argued a million times before.

I really think it's going to stay Ole. Not much changes with the Devils, and they don't have too many one-year experiments just to go back to the way it was (except for coaches, natch)

Not for nothing but the Ole' song sucks! Why use a song that is often used in soccer games? This is hockey and it needs a more say "harder or Rock N Roll" type song. Ole' is just plain out GAY.

70's station on XM was playing R and R 2 yesterday and as I drove down the parkway i was imagining myself cheering on a devils goal and raising my fist!!

Anyhow, I dont care that much about the goal song as long as it plays a lot. I rpefer R&R2 but its not really the life or death topic for me.

How about a foghorn, train whistle, something like that would be quite impressive in the new building.

The "Ole" song actually did grow on me come playoff time...still don't love it though. Oh well.

I hope the Devils keep their goal horn sound effect...it's unique, and a whole lot better than their old siren w/video game explosions sound effect. There's something about that horn that gets me pumped up.

Not sure if anyone's heard Detroit's, but that one's my favorite. Something about the tone:

Least favorite is the Rangers'. Cool song, but their foghorn sounds too nasal.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976