Allergies

Devilish34

I'm sucking it up :evil:

I loath despise and abominate allergy medicine -- ANY medicine actually - aside from advil. I live with the phlegm and take advil for sinus headaches and my eyes look like pissholes in the snow :evil: Allergies are such BS <_< Mine pop out in the fall usually... and I'm allergic to cold I think so I have problems in winter :blink:

ive been using other peoples prescriptions to find something that works.

allegra works the best for me.

i still have some symptoms if i spend the day outdoors but when i'm indoors im pretty clear. simple OTC benadryl always worked the best for me, but it makes me so damn tired i swear i fall asleep standing up.

Omg I am allergic to everything dust, every type of pollen, cats, mold... everything. My allergies have been driving me crazy. I use Allegra, Nasonex AND Astelin nasal spray, eye drops.. I just switched to a new one.

Only morons who like getting useless shot upon shot in their arms do that! quote name='CRASHER' cough.gif

Like I needed 75 pin pricks to tell me I'm allergic to dogs, cats, horses, birch trees (OK THAT I hadn't figured out) mold and all that crap? I'm actually NOT allergic to pollen - I'm not bad off at all these days.

I did cave though... I'm on flovent - my doctor told me I was doing serious damage sucking it up with the asthma - I guess chronic low-grade inflammation is an issue with the lungs? What do you get hardeneing of the lungs or something? Anyhow... he's very anti-pharmaceuticals so if he says you needs it you do <_<

I actually go because my asthma only comes from allergies

and they changed the allergy tests... much less annoying now... though yeah he has me on all these wacky drugs... so lord only knows what it's doing to me

and how the hell did I become mister sausage anyway !??!? :blink::noclue:

Being outside all day kills almost every job is a pollen infested dust bowl.

My eyes were itching so bad at one point I wanted to remove them

and eyelashes and eye brows. :evilcry:

I use a really good brand of eye drops.. visine never did anything..the allergy ones.. but there is a brand called NAPHCON.. not cheap.. like 9 bucks per bottle but they work great for me....blue bottle. Up here IO mostly only find them at shoprite although Walmart had them and its was like double the size for the same price. i recoommed trying them.. they really help the itch and they get red out really fast, for me.

Its a blue box, like oreo package blue.

I went to an allergist as a kid. Got allergy shots at his office every couple of weeks for a while, then he decided I could get them at my pediatrician's office instead. I was allergic to practically everything under the sun, too; mold, dust, all sorts of pollen, pet dander, various food allergies... The weird thing is, all of my food allergies were major enough to be classified as an allergy (obviously) but minor enough where I wasn't like the kids these days who die if they so much as look at a PB&J sandwich. And I was allergic to all sorts of food, too... tomatoes, chocolate, peanuts, cheese... but it was the type of allergy where usually I could eat them in small amounts but too much would give me problems.

These days I really only get the pollen-based ones, and they rarely bother me enough to require any sort of drugs.

Yesterday was field day at school, so a day outside.. where it looked like it was snowing from all the polled blowing around.. and i came home was all itchy and woke up with a huge swollen right eye :( It was scary in the morning and my students were scared i think, BUT, by like 1 o'clock it was pretty much back to normal!!

today was brutal for me, my eyes were so dilated and itchy I wanted to peel them out.

Clarinex is useless.

I grabbed a nose spray and the drop LG recommended.

I didn't use the drops yet but the spray helped.

Nothing like cuttin 1ac+ of grass to test it out.

Edited by Devilish34

I'm allergic to LATEX, seriously..and there isn't anything that I can take for it....there are times when a latex allergy sucks....

I'm allergic to LATEX, seriously..and there isn't anything that I can take for it....there are times when a latex allergy sucks....

I'd say only you DPH but I have a friend in Scotch Plains that has the same problem

she gets all itchy in her you know where if her man wraps that lil fella :ph34r:

that is a pretty awful one for ya though.....