If Nieds Does Retire

FightCommies77

Does that include the likes of Sykora, Rafalski, Arnott, etc?
All three of those guys' numbers would never be retired in the first place, though.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

If their careers had warranted it, though, I would've said no only to Rafalski. Sykora and Arnott were traded away, they did not leave of their own choosing. Of course, they both had other issues...

Edited by mddevsfan

No.

People forget that Niedermayer was really an enigma his first four or five years on the team. He was super-talented, but really an enigma.

I think it should be. Sure he left, but he did play with the Devils and all that time he did play merits him the retirement of 27.

All three of those guys' numbers would never be retired in the first place, though.

If I was incharge Sykora and Arnott would've both been hanging up there already... nay, they'd still be Devils too. Oh how I love NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2007.

No.

People forget that Niedermayer was really an enigma his first four or five years on the team. He was super-talented, but really an enigma.

I wont take anything away from the guy because he was vital to the 2003 Cup win but you are spot on with this one.

I'm not sure if it was the Devils system of play or what not but I really wasn't all that impressed with Niedermayer during his early years. Sure he was good but I usually found myself frustrated with the guys play more then anything.

I still say to this day that you can blame the Matteau goal all on him. There was a reason why that J.O. was able to get to the front of the net and knock in the game winner. Just take a look at the bottom left corner of the screen and you'll find a coasting #27 with his head up his a$$ about 25 feet away from the play.

Edited by SickMan

Oh Hellllllllll No.

Let the quackers retire his number.

He can be a duck 4-ever. :tomato: