Aebischer signs contract with Coyotes

Satans Hockey

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=214073&hubname=nhl

Aebischer signs contract with Coyotes

The Sports Network

7/19/2007 6:45:02 PM

Glendale, AZ (Sports Network) - The Phoenix Coyotes signed goaltender David Aebischer to a one-year contract on the Thursday.

Aebischer, 29, posted a 13-12-3 record with a 3.17 goals against average in 32 games with Montreal last season after being acquired from Colorado for Jose Theodore in March, 2006.

"With the signing of David Aebischer we have taken the next step in creating depth at the goaltending position," said general manager Don Maloney.

In six NHL seasons, Aebischer has collected a record of 106-73-12, a 2.51 goals against average and a .912 save percentage in 213 career games with Colorado and Montreal.

Earlier this offseason, I actually thought there was the possibility that Clemmensen might be picked up by Phoenix.

I actually thought the Coyotes would have tried to pick him up with adecent paying contract. Theyre always struggling. Looks like Wayne might have a mickey mouse organization. :P

If he's garbage, you probably should hold your breath.

Either, a) you don't think he's garbage or b) you're making fun of me because garbage is stinky.

...I'm going on very little sleep for over three weeks now and I really am on the verge of spontaneous combustion, so you might want to point it out for me.

Either, a) you don't think he's garbage or b) you're making fun of me because garbage is stinky.

...I'm going on very little sleep for over three weeks now and I really am on the verge of spontaneous combustion, so you might want to point it out for me.

answer b!

and yea aebischer sucks

It seems as if I am the anti-Triumph! A player needs to do a lot right to get on his good list, whereas for me it takes a lot for a player to get placed in my doghouse.

When I lived in Denver, Aebby was the backup to Roy. Saw a lot of good in his play and thought he'd be pretty successful. Haven't seen a lot of him since he/I left Colorado, but I do know his star has fallen in a big way. If someone on the 'Yotes staff can minimize his deficiencies, this could work out very well for them since I think he can be a successful NHL goaltender.

Phoenix is going to start the season with Tellqvist and Aebischer in goal? Wow. So, Wayne spent the last 11 years of his playing career Cupless, and now has this duo of back-ups in net. It would be awful poetic for the Pens to put in 13 goals on them, leading Crosby to comment on how bad the team is by comparing it to, oh jeez, i don't know.... a cartoon character of some sort. :whistling:

beggers can't be choosers. aebischer will be ok. But i doubt Phoenix comes anywhere close to making the playoffs.

they should be the worst team in the league this year, and it won't even be close.

methinks Phoenix is getting ready for Tavares.

also GA Devil, Aebischer played okay for the Avs, but he was absolutely brutal for the Habs. He's a backup goalie.

Edited by Triumph