Beezer Quits As Result Of Investigation

smelly

He used the N word? So what? It was in anger, frustration. I suppose calling him #$)@&^()$^&(*^&@(*%^(@*^%(* every explicative imaginable is better. Hey I don't go for name calling of any type. (Blacks use that word.) People make mistakes. The has to be more to this story.

People should be respectful. But the "racism" has swung the other way. I wonder if a black coach would be in hot water for using a racial slur about a white coach or player. I doubt it.

Ethnic jokes and slurs have been around forever and are not going anywhere. People should not use them, but if they are, deal with it and move on.

I am not condoning what Beezer did. But I don't think he should have to resign because of it. Adults should be able to get past such mistakes. We all have to live on this planet and to do that we must be able to forgive.

Just my humble opinion.

For Vanbiesbrouck to have used a racial slur once in this context is not unforgivable, but according to the article, he used it at several times.

Considering the racist behavior displayed by fans and players in junior hockey, as well as the NHL, it is already difficult enough for black players to make it in the league.

He used the N word? So what? It was in anger, frustration. I suppose calling him #$)@&^()$^&(*^&@(*%^(@*^%(* every explicative imaginable is better. Hey I don't go for name calling of any type. (Blacks use that word.) People make mistakes. The has to be more to this story.

People should be respectful. But the "racism" has swung the other way. I wonder if a black coach would be in hot water for using a racial slur about a white coach or player. I doubt it.

Ethnic jokes and slurs have been around forever and are not going anywhere. People should not use them, but if they are, deal with it and move on.

I am not condoning what Beezer did. But I don't think he should have to resign because of it. Adults should be able to get past such mistakes. We all have to live on this planet and to do that we must be able to forgive.

Just my humble opinion.

with all do respect, you're totally wrong. This sport has too many problems to begin with to even have the appearance of condoning or even tolerating racism. Beezer did the right thing for the sport.

Well I hear that the same stuff goes on in basketball, just in reverse. So I guess it will never end. Sad. I welcome diversity in sports, but it seems hockey is predominantly white and basketball black. Hopefully this will all change in time.

I guess Beezer did what he felt he had to do. Now does this mean Trevor will return? Didn't he quit too?

Ironically maybe it is good that Beezer said the word, so now his racist feelings are known. Better than someone who smiles in your face and always says the "right" thing but really hates your guts because of the color of your skin.

There is only one race. The human race. Why can't we all get along. Variety is the spice of life that is why God made us different.

More of my two cents. Not trying to offend. Just my humble opinion

again. :)

No!  Don't come here.  He's supposedly a locker room cancer, or so I've heard.

I've heard that also from very good Islander sources

Yah, and it wasn't just on the Island, Panthers fans have talked about it too. Sometimes I wonder if Terreri was on the bench in '01 what could have happened...

you know what.. how about ripping the PLAYER for being a baby and walking out and GOING HOME after this ?? Talk about taking things out of perspective.. yeah it's a bad name, but you don't pack up and leave after a moment that may have been deserved to be called out and ripped upon

being a stupid kid's not an excuse for me.. if they wanna kill beezer for calling him that.. you HAVE to call him out for going home.. it's only fair, sooner or later you HAVE to be accountable for yourself !

I heard that part of Beezer's explanation was that he grew up on the streets of Detroit where that language was not only acceptable, it was the norm. We are currently in a period where you have to be "politically correct" about everything or you end up in a situation like he's in now. I don't think it makes him a racist. I teach in an urban area of NJ and hear the reverse racist remarks every day. One kid even told me during a discussion on racism that black people can't be racist. I can't tell you how many times I've heard the words "white boy" "cracker" etc. come out of black kids mouths. I recently broke up a fight between two kids of the same race and they were calling each other every name in the book, the N word included. It baffles me, but apparently it's okay when it's used within the race, but is a power thing when used by someone outside.