Senators

Elias26

Well, how bout those Sens? Good team this year they look like the team to beat. Emery is one of my favorite players right now but its good that Gerber is keeping him sharp. I'm glad I drafted Meszaros in my fantasy hockey hes paying off well. I got to give credit to John Muckler for getting a great group of guys together, its also nice to have such a good captain like Alfredsson to lead your players on ice. This team looks like they'll keep winning with such a good mix of players, I can't wait until they come to town again.

So it's ok for us to laugh at other teams that suck like we do, but if another team is doing well we can't admire it?? :noclue:

That seems kinda not cool, ya know??

Yes I have a bias to Ottawa and Calgary (also off to an awesome start), what the harm in talking about it in the "general hockey, but geared towards Devils first" forum??

PS Ducks are 4-7-2 :dance::boogie::thumbsup:

The Sens are clearly the team to beat in the east. They've been going strong for 100+ games last year though and now are facing another 100+ season this year. They may break down and a hungrier team like the Pens, Canes, or Rags could take over their spot.

The Devils could steal a series or two in the playoffs if they get in also as could any team out there. It will not be an easy road for the Sens but i give them the best chance currently.

Biggest surprise this year so far: Columbus Blue Jackets. Only the Senators have allowed fewer goals... Pascal LeClaire is playing out of his mind right now. 4 SOs already. Plus, Nash is dominating again, and Zherdev is showing up for some games. I'm impressed with what Hitchcock is doing there.

OH, and about the freaking EN goal by Alfie. WTF people? Ya, sure you wouldn't have been busting Elias' balls had he not potted that one in the same situation. I resisted saying something in the game day thread...but since ya had to go and bring it up again. Lighten up!

Actually, yeah, I would be busting Elias for making that same play. Up by 2 goals, less than 5 seconds left when he gets the puck, down behind the empty net. Just skate it out.

But that's just my take. 'n I'm probably a bit biased 'cause I dislike Alfredsson. I'm entitled.

Actually, yeah, I would be busting Elias for making that same play. Up by 2 goals, less than 5 seconds left when he gets the puck, down behind the empty net. Just skate it out.

But that's just my take. 'n I'm probably a bit biased 'cause I dislike Alfredsson. I'm entitled.

I'm curious if most people would have been offended if he had not put that goal in. I mean, wouldn't it also show some sign of disrespect...esssentially saying.....yeah, you guys don't even deserve the effort?!??!?

BTW, Alf's #1 most classless move - shooting the puck point blank @ Neids at the height of his frustartion.....way to wear the "C". :noclue:

OH, and about the freaking EN goal by Alfie. WTF people? Ya, sure you wouldn't have been busting Elias' balls had he not potted that one in the same situation. I resisted saying something in the game day thread...but since ya had to go and bring it up again. Lighten up!

Right now Elias would have either missed the net or tried a blind pass.

Though I do have to wonder if our Patriot fan friends consider what alfie did running up the score :P

IMO, certainly not.... if you are out there killing the last minute, you don't know exactly how many seconds are on the clock. Are you supposed to look up and check how many seconds are left in the game before putting the puck in the net? Was this in the rulebook somewhere?

From 0:00 to 60:00, players should be trying to put the puck in the net.

Though I do have to wonder if our Patriot fan friends consider what alfie did running up the score :P

Nope. The opportunity was there and he took it. The Devils leave the net open like that, they take the chance of an easy goal being scored.

I don't consider what the Patriots are doing "running up the score" either. The other team's getting very well-paid to stop them from doing their thing. If they can't, too bad. Someday my Pats will be a bottom-feeder (it happens to every team at some point), and they'll be on the lopsided losing end of some of these games. The other team won't owe the Pats or me or anyone else a thing.