GDT: Devils @ Capitals 7pm FSNY 12/10/07

overtime98

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The boys looks a little tired right now...

This is exactly what is going on. They're gassed. 3 games in 4 nights and last nights game was a tough one.

I think Jester mentioned it earlier in the thread that this game has loss written all over it.

And on that last goal, I think Chico was a little unfair to Weekes. Had the Devils not spent the ENTIRE period in their end, Weekes may have not had to face that shot in the first place.

Wow, that's about as weak as the Devils have looked all year. No energy. Doesn't even look like there's an honest effort out there.

Weekes had no shot on 2 of the 3. True, he mishandled the rebound badly on the third goal against, but frankly, Weekes has been left hanging out to dry by his team. He's actually make a couple of really nice saves in the middle of all this.

The lines should never have been changed. Although, don't know if it'd make a difference. The team looks EXHAUSTED. I don't know if I saw Kolzig's face all of 2 times that period.

I agree with Star-Ledger Devils reporter Rich Chere, who was interviewed in between the 1st and 2nd, that Weekes needs to play more, if anything else, just to stay sharp. And I agree that they look tired tonight. Not much else to say about this game right now.

Go Devils.

Yeah hopefully the Devils will be able to muster up some energy and at least make a game of this in the 3rd. If they can steal a point from this game, I'd consider the night a success. If the Caps were a better team this game would look much worse. They have been flying out there but don't appear to have much finish.