GDT: Devils @ Capitals 7pm FSNY 12/10/07

overtime98

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well at least with the team losing, this place is back to burning down.

I think the boys looked a bit sluggish, a few bad breaks, haven't had much to practice in the last little while to work some things out. Probably a light workout tommorow, practice wednesday, morning skate...and they'll be set to go Thursday night.

meh...not much of a surprise -

coming off the back to back, it was clear washington had the legs for most of the game

we often complain about ice, but tonight was clearly the worst it could be - pucks sticking in the ice - bouncing over sticks - just terrible

2 washington goals were weird bounces or defelctions - the other a case where weekes leaves a bad rebound

devils no-goal because of "kicking motion" was clearly wrong

sutter swapping wings on the top two lines

put it all together and it allows the worst team in the league to get a win.

i'm not crying over this one.

..the way things are going tonight i can see this being a no goal.. we'll see though

fvck Gary Bettman and fvck Colin Campbell. I am so sick of Maple Leafs fans getting to overturn legitimate Devils goals. Sutter should come out in his press conference and say "That was a completely bullsh!t call, I don't care who you are, now how much do I owe you, Gary?"

We can blame things on that called back goal all we want but the reality is that had the Devils shown up and played 60 minutes tonight and put forward a better effort we wouldn't have to put our fate in other peoples hands.

Terrible call on the Mottau disallowing. Just terrible - when is the NHL going to fix that rule? It is NOT called as a distinct kicking motion - it's called as 'if the puck hit your skate and we think you tried to deflect/kick it, it's no goal'? And Mottau wasn't even trying to put it in.

But I don't think the Devils win this one anyway. No legs until the third.

They'll be back on Thursday.

Edited by Triumph

The Mottau goal should have stood. Just a really bad call but what can you expect when you have the inept ref tandem that worked last nights game and those louses up in Toronto. I'm trying to put a good spin on it and figure that maybe the Clarkson play doesn't happen if the Mottau goal stands. Whatever I guess.

But one good thing to come out of this is that this place is gonna be a lot more fun the next few days lol. 2 losses in a row. Heads are gonna roll for this one. :boogie: