42 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support its removal?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If an age of CSI tech, balistics, DNA, "Big Brother" cameras, and witnesses all place a person at the scene of a horrible slaughter, I think I'd have no worry about a suspects "innocence" on Death Row.

If DNA has cleared those mistakenly convicted in the past, then it can also be the reason to keep the death penalty.

If an age of CSI tech, balistics, DNA, "Big Brother" cameras, and witnesses all place a person at the scene of a horrible slaughter, I think I'd have no worry about a suspects "innocence" on Death Row.

If DNA has cleared those mistakenly convicted in the past, then it can also be the reason to keep the death penalty.

The whole thing is so weird... it's all so awful.

Last month the guy on death row in texas was pardoned. He gets to live... BUT the past I guess 15-20 years he's been on death row -- he has no real jail experience. He's now going into regular jail society -- which seems pretty brutal to me. I was happy for him but felt like his trouble was just begining.

These guys that rape and murder little girls -- they admit it - I feel like their lives have no value - part of me wants to just cull them like a bad pitbull. It's no consolation - it's not vengance - nothing brings back the murdered - it's just cleaning up.

Like I always say Dead Man Walking sort of made me feel like the death penalty may be a good thing. The criminal had no remorse, refused all accountability, UNTIL he was on his death bed. He had the be on the bed, needle in arm before he would accept accountability. I felt like his life was a success, he died with honor. he never would have had that integrity without going through the actual death. I admit that's me liking life to be a nice story -- though I know it's more than just that.

I don't approve of the death penalty - and I dont approve of abortion. But I don't support the abolition of either :noclue: I did vote that I'm glad NJ got rid of it though :)

In which way does the death Penalty serve a purpose? It's an uneffective method.. I'm reliefed that the result went yes.. And terrefied that the supporters of the deat-penalty was that high :S

In which way does the death Penalty serve a purpose? It's an uneffective method.. I'm reliefed that the result went yes.. And terrefied that the supporters of the deat-penalty was that high :S

Terrified.

You scare easy.

It's serves it purpose as punishment.

And it's quite effective when the perp's dead.

Lets see - 3 square meals a day - free cable and dvd rental - free health and dental insurance - free gym and workout facilities - Saturday night dates (if you're not particular) - free housing - free clothing - free bedding - possibilty of fan mail and marriage proposals from various sources - the perks are unending...

Sweet ! Not bad for murdering someone. . :rolleyes:

It's not a deterrent. Factors such as extreme poverty, emotional distress, desperation, mental illness, drug addiction, etc. will often prevent the murderer from rationally considering the ramifications of his decision.

Am I likely to ever murder another human being? But I've never had to eat out of a dumpster or risk starvation, either. Nor do I have an insatiable heroin addiction to feed.

Not every killer is a manifestation of Rashkolnikov.

Furthermore, the potential for the execution of innocent people is far too great. There are numerous instances where people have been sent to death row only to have new evidence exonerate them. There are also cases where innocent men have died.

So in its current incarnation, I cannot agree with the death penalty.

I can't, however, disagree that there are some people who deserve to die. There are some people who are monsters, plain and simple. But can you really risk executing an innocent, or a person who, after rehabilitation, could one day contribute to society?

It's not a deterrent. Factors such as extreme poverty, emotional distress, desperation, mental illness, drug addiction, etc. will often prevent the murderer from rationally considering the ramifications of his decision.

Am I likely to ever murder another human being? But I've never had to eat out of a dumpster or risk starvation, either. Nor do I have an insatiable heroin addiction to feed.

Not every killer is a manifestation of Rashkolnikov.

Furthermore, the potential for the execution of innocent people is far too great. There are numerous instances where people have been sent to death row only to have new evidence exonerate them. There are also cases where innocent men have died.

So in its current incarnation, I cannot agree with the death penalty.

I can't, however, disagree that there are some people who deserve to die. There are some people who are monsters, plain and simple. But can you really risk executing an innocent, or a person who, after rehabilitation, could one day contribute to society?

This is none the less a decision that should of been left to the people not the politicians.

Lets see - 3 square meals a day - free cable and dvd rental - free health and dental insurance - free gym and workout facilities - Saturday night dates (if you're not particular) - free housing - free clothing - free bedding - possibilty of fan mail and marriage proposals from various sources - the perks are unending...

Sweet ! Not bad for murdering someone. . :rolleyes:

You forgot getting ass raped. If your a fan of that this place if for you!

Terrified.

You scare easy.

It's serves it purpose as punishment.

And it's quite effective when the perp's dead.

Terrified was a strong word i guess but I hope you get my point! There are a hole lot of disadvantages while there isn't that much positive to say about death penalty! My opinion is that the state never, NEVER, shall be able to do the same as the prosecuted once did, KILL... And that bullsh!t about scaring people so that they don't kill.. that's really naive, Those people who can be possible murders won't be hindered by the fact that they could get death penalty..

The states/poeples/countries with/supporting death penalty should glance at the reason why people kill eachother for once.. Instead of triyng to put tough against tough.. It only makes it worse. Look at Texas.. They've executed alot througout the years.. Do they manage to put the crimes down? Don't think so.. They've got sky high statestics!

Edited by Comandante

It shouldnt be done away with...it should be used more frequently.

The problem is the appeal process SLOWS everything down.

Prisons are over crowded as it is now, it's costs alot to keep someone in prison who is a threat to society...why keep them around.

Maybe they should let some corrections officers let the general public know just how sick some of these people are and then let them make a decision. I have alot of friends who are CO's...some of the stories they tell me about inmates and what they do to get a good rep is crazy, but you wont hear about it in the papers.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.