Random Thoughts & Stuff

sammyk

For my journalism course, my professor is a New York Times editor (well, former NYT editor) who absolutely hates the internet and the younger generation for what it's done to old-school newspapers (how DARE WE expect free news content online!).

He especially hates bloggers. Gulp.

I wonder how he feels about a blogger who, because of his blog, has been published on the New York Times website. :lol:

lol your the man crasher. I was expecting a :doh1: from you, to get a :clap: or :koolaid: means a lot. What do you mean by the bold part? this weekend?

Well I am saying.. find out what she's doing next weekend next week... if she gives you another excuse ... not good... right now this is a big 3 day weekend meant for party, unless you hate life or something you should be out doing sh!t

(Lord knows I will be stirring my own pot again on Sunday :evil:)

and one thing about me... "when you think you have all the answers... I change the questions!!"

(and then I hit you in the head with a coconut... or a goalie stic!!)

For my journalism course, my professor is a New York Times editor (well, former NYT editor) who absolutely hates the internet and the younger generation for what it's done to old-school newspapers (how DARE WE expect free news content online!).

He especially hates bloggers. Gulp.

I wonder how he feels about a blogger who, because of his blog, has been published on the New York Times website. :lol:

Yeah, I'd keep that on the down-low. He'd probably flunk you on principle. :ph34r:

Well I am saying.. find out what she's doing next weekend next week... if she gives you another excuse ... not good... right now this is a big 3 day weekend meant for party, unless you hate life or something you should be out doing sh!t

(Lord knows I will be stirring my own pot again on Sunday :evil:)

and one thing about me... "when you think you have all the answers... I change the questions!!"

(and then I hit you in the head with a coconut... or a goalie stic!!)

Oh believe me I have stuff to do too. Sunday and Monday is probably hockey all day. Howell roller rinks(!) Thats part of the reason I was so pissed at myself, even if she wasn't busy, I was probably going to be. I don't know what the fvck I was thinking. One thing us kiddies have on you is we have off tuesday too bitches :dance:

Crash, I think I'm better off asking her out next week then seeing whats she's doing first.

Yeah, I'd keep that on the down-low. He'd probably flunk you on principle. :ph34r:

At some point, I'm gonna crack and start defending the medium. I almost did yesterday, and I worry about tonight since that's going to be a major point of discussion (had to write a 200 word response on the difference between newspaper articles and blogs for class this evening...200 words is NOTHING for me on this subject).

I'm usually very good about hiding my own views, but something about the way this guy presents his while teaching really irks me. And this is based on one, two-hour class. Tonight and the rest of 'em are nearly four hours each.

Oh believe me I have stuff to do too. Sunday and Monday is probably hockey all day. Howell roller rinks(!) Thats part of the reason I was so pissed at myself, even if she wasn't busy, I was probably going to be. I don't know what the fvck I was thinking. One thing us kiddies have on you is we have off tuesday too bitches :dance:

Crash, I think I'm better off asking her out next week then seeing whats she's doing first.

Hey I'll take my paid by the hour jobs over your poor boy days off anytime :P

Well you can do one in the same... but good plan... remember DO NOT Los-D's it... or we will go SD on you :P

At some point, I'm gonna crack and start defending the medium. I almost did yesterday, and I worry about tonight since that's going to be a major point of discussion (had to write a 200 word response on the difference between newspaper articles and blogs for class this evening...200 words is NOTHING for me on this subject).

You never know... give a valid argument and make GOOD points... and STICK TO THEM... you may win the day after all

the biggest thing when putting up a seemingly no-win debate... act like everything you say is gospel (I freak out like that when I fork over a 4-figure bill to customers :P)

Why couldn't you have waited till after I got home to start this DP? I kid, I kid :P

Anyway, yeah, what everyone else said, you're fine.

And I think I win the Tuesday off debate. I have school, but I'm going on a field trip to Six Flags...so put that in yer pipe and smoke it! :devil::lol:

Why couldn't you have waited till after I got home to start this DP? I kid, I kid :P

And I think I win the Tuesday off debate. I have school, but I'm going on a field trip to Six Flags...so put that in yer pipe and smoke it! :devil::lol:

Bizarro opened today! Going tomorrow! :dance:

For the next month, I hate people who are off on Tuesdays. Because Tuesday will mean 8 hours of work, 1 hour of travel, 4 hours of class, and 1 more hour of travel (well, okay, a half hour or so that late at night - nonetheless, it still sucks).

I'm regretting summer classes already.

You never know... give a valid argument and make GOOD points... and STICK TO THEM... you may win the day after all

the biggest thing when putting up a seemingly no-win debate... act like everything you say is gospel (I freak out like that when I fork over a 4-figure bill to customers :P)

This is true. He claims to want us to have opinions and present them (which I find hilarious in a journalism course). I've just been burned by "open-minded" professors who can't take students who disagree with them (in a respectful manner, no less) in the past, so I'm always pretty cautious in the beginning til I have a good bead on the professor and the class. That I nearly got into that discussion during the first class is a testament to how obnoxious he was about his own opinion in this case, I think.

This is true. He claims to want us to have opinions and present them (which I find hilarious in a journalism course). I've just been burned by "open-minded" professors who can't take students who disagree with them (in a respectful manner, no less) in the past, so I'm always pretty cautious in the beginning til I have a good bead on the professor and the class. That I nearly got into that discussion during the first class is a testament to how obnoxious he was about his own opinion in this case, I think.

So you think I'd have lasted 15 minutes with this guy without a shouting match ensuing??? :P

Bizarro opened today! Going tomorrow! :dance:

Isn't that just Medusa re-done? THat's what someone told me... Let me know how it is.

For the next month, I hate people who are off on Tuesdays. Because Tuesday will mean 8 hours of work, 1 hour of travel, 4 hours of class, and 1 more hour of travel (well, okay, a half hour or so that late at night - nonetheless, it still sucks).

I'm regretting summer classes already.

I'll take a front row ride of Kingda Ka in your honor :boogie:

Isn't that just Medusa re-done? THat's what someone told me... Let me know how it is.

I'll take a front row ride of Kingda Ka in your honor :boogie:

Correct. Bizarro is the same ride as Medusa, with a new paint scheme, and effects such as fire, fog, and music. Should be pretty cool.

Nothing beats Kingda Ka in the FRONT ROW. Nothing.

Not so fast, I live 10 mins down 195 from Six Flags. :P

I'm going too!! I <3 physics! Well... no... not really.... but the trip's gonna rock!!

fvck physics. Oh well. Six Flags during school means :wub: for a day

Not so fast, I live 10 mins down 195 from Six Flags. :P

Oh yeah? I live five minutes from Crotch Pains Scotch Plains.

You win.

what are you fellaz doing in physics? I'm in honors... it's been sooooo easy, until now. We're doing this electrical circut sh!t... MAN I suck at that.. all this V=I^2 R and sh!t? Ugggh!

I'm in regular physics...I suck donkey balls at science and math. I'm much better at English, French, and History. I'm barely scraping a B in physics and math...

We had a test on waves today. Pretty easy stuff, I think I did fairy well. Multiple choice always kills me though.

Edited by RSC

Are you implying Jessica Biel would be my lapbar constraint on Kingda Ka?

Wow! But the ride is so short!

Not in Jessica Biels' opinion.

I'm the opposite... I'm a savage at math and sciences, but fail miserably in english. You get yer SAT scores today?

Nah I didn't take the May SAT. I took March and I'm taking June. I got an 1880. Apparently the March Critical Reading section was one of the hardest they've ever made. And my SAT tutor told me that they always make the March SATs harder so people will take them again, giving College Board more money for a pointless test.

Whoa... weird... I got an 1880, exactly. I got a 670 in Math... and the other two pretty much went down the drain. Like... 620 Crit Reading, 590 writing? Bleh. I'll take it though, but I think i'd be better off in an ESL class, to be quite honest.

Thats weird...(sh!t the O's just scored two runs) I got a 640 in math, 630 in critical reading, which really pissed me off since I destroyed critical reading on my practice tests, and 610 on writing.

Whoa... weird... I got an 1880, exactly. I got a 670 in Math... and the other two pretty much went down the drain. Like... 620 Crit Reading, 590 writing? Bleh. I'll take it though, but I think i'd be better off in an ESL class, to be quite honest.

I hate the new SAT scoring. When I took it, the best you could do was 1600. I got such weird looks from the younger folk in my classes when I said I got a 1410 back in the day, they thought I did awful. :rolleyes:

Taking the Saturday Afternoon Test in June. Tests are not my thing, bad test taker. I wish there was history on the SAT, I'd tear that up.

Are you gonna take the ACT? Its more about knowing stuff than how you take the test. The SAT is dumb as hell. Its basically a game for Christ's sake. Know when to guess, know when not to, know how many to eliminate before guessing...ACT doesn't penalize for wrong answers.

I hate the new SAT scoring. When I took it, the best you could do was 1600. I got such weird looks from the younger folk in my classes when I said I got a 1410 back in the day, they thought I did awful. :rolleyes:

The Writing section is pointless. Every college I've visited so far has said they don't look at it. They only added it because every state university in California threatened to drop the SAT as a requirement if they didn't add it.