Random Thoughts & Stuff

sammyk

I went to the HBO taping for Down and Dirty with Jim Norton...and holyyyy sh!t it was funny....and Crasher...Jim Jeffries was there! (if you know who he is, and you should)If anyone is going to tonights taping, you are in for a treat!

Edited by NJDevsFireOnIce

I went to the HBO taping for Down and Dirty with Jim Norton...and holyyyy sh!t it was funny....and Crasher...Jim Jeffries was there! (if you know who he is, and you should)If anyone is going to tonights taping, you are in for a treat!

Sweet!! :thumbsup:

So how much of a pain in the ass was it to get up there and park and all???

(might as well find out)

Sweet!! :thumbsup:

So how much of a pain in the ass was it to get up there and park and all???

(might as well find out)

getting up there was fine...we took the turnpike which turned out to be swell. Parking wasnt bad either you'll see train tracks by the performing arts center where the event is being held and we parked on the opposite side of the tracks. It wasnt far to walk at all, but lucky me has some broked toes so it was a hoot for me. If you want good seats Id get there around 530. It said not to go before 6 but when we got there at 630 the line wrapped around the building and we were around the third corner of the building (by the victoria secret store..you'll see when you get there) It was an awesome show, great vibe & killer comics. You can actually bring more than one person too. They didnt check anything. You were allowed in and sat where ever there was room. Have a goooooood time!

getting up there was fine...we took the turnpike which turned out to be swell. Parking wasnt bad either you'll see train tracks by the performing arts center where the event is being held and we parked on the opposite side of the tracks. It wasnt far to walk at all, but lucky me has some broked toes so it was a hoot for me. If you want good seats Id get there around 530. It said not to go before 6 but when we got there at 630 the line wrapped around the building and we were around the third corner of the building (by the victoria secret store..you'll see when you get there) It was an awesome show, great vibe & killer comics. You can actually bring more than one person too. They didnt check anything. You were allowed in and sat where ever there was room. Have a goooooood time!

Awesome!! Thanks.... we're going up the turnpike too... I know the area a little because I have a customer sitting up there too, we're planning to leave here around I think 430, so we can get random dinner along the way, hey was there food available inside the place and stuff ??? (dumb question but never been in this venue before)

I don't mind sitting in the back... means less chance of heckling :P... and still closer then I ever been for the traveling virus :P

Awesome!! Thanks.... we're going up the turnpike too... I know the area a little because I have a customer sitting up there too, we're planning to leave here around I think 430, so we can get random dinner along the way, hey was there food available inside the place and stuff ??? (dumb question but never been in this venue before)

I don't mind sitting in the back... means less chance of heckling :P... and still closer then I ever been for the traveling virus :P

hahaha No food or drink available in the place. Some bitch walks around outside and tells you to turn your cell off, no getting up until both shows are done (they did 2 half hour shows) no chewing gum, no doing this, no doing that. The cameras are all over the place, so you have a really good chance of getting your pretty face on tv. Dice tore this one kid up in front..it was actually funny. Im not a big fan of Dice, but he was good.

p.s. I always get the "katrina victim" aka lawn seats at the virus lol

hahaha No food or drink available in the place. Some bitch walks around outside and tells you to turn your cell off, no getting up until both shows are done (they did 2 half hour shows) no chewing gum, no doing this, no doing that. The cameras are all over the place, so you have a really good chance of getting your pretty face on tv. Dice tore this one kid up in front..it was actually funny. Im not a big fan of Dice, but he was good.

p.s. I always get the "katrina victim" aka lawn seats at the virus lol

Well it's understandable... you're taping a big show for HBO, so they want you not burping or running to the toilet :P (the worst ever is going to see Raw or Smackdown live, as even in taped shows, they leave 3-4 minutes of dead air for you normally as they leave the spots for commercials in which just SUCKS)

I used to remember the old Dice... if he's anything like that this will be the awesome!!

I sit in the same place.... I paid to hear the jokes not see them... so why pay more?? :P

Well it's understandable... you're taping a big show for HBO, so they want you not burping or running to the toilet :P (the worst ever is going to see Raw or Smackdown live, as even in taped shows, they leave 3-4 minutes of dead air for you normally as they leave the spots for commercials in which just SUCKS)

I used to remember the old Dice... if he's anything like that this will be the awesome!!

I sit in the same place.... I paid to hear the jokes not see them... so why pay more?? :P

Its really cool, the producer tells you when to clap in the begining for the start of the show & he makes you laugh blah blah blah. I really enjoyed myself. It'll be really fun, and even though Jimmy's only hosting he does little 3 minute sets inbetween introducing the comics..which by the way all the ones I saw where hilarious, and all seemed to be jewish lol.

Its really cool, the producer tells you when to clap in the begining for the start of the show & he makes you laugh blah blah blah. I really enjoyed myself. It'll be really fun, and even though Jimmy's only hosting he does little 3 minute sets inbetween introducing the comics..which by the way all the ones I saw where hilarious, and all seemed to be jewish lol.

We couldn't hear half the comics names which was annoying, the only guy who wasn't funny was the second guy... his timing was awful... all the other comics were vile crude and wonderful :clap:

and now I can't wait for the traveling virus show!!

I didn't like the fake and pretending laughing and clapping....

it was funny Jimmy had to re-do two intro's, and I felt bad for the black guy (Al Jackson) who was the filler as they shuffled the audience to make it look like a different crowd, for the second set....he was funny but people were too distracted by the bodies in motion......

(and masked... to answer your myspace question... 34 C :uni: )

So no job has left me with a lot of free time. Most of this free time is spent job searching and watching TV. I should probably try working out or something more productive, but whatever. Annnnnyway, all this time watching TV has led to my new "TV boyfriend" and he is David Cook. (The new American Idol if you've been living under a rock :P) Sooo hot.

And yes, I am aware I need to get out of my house before I go insane and re-introduce myself to the real world.

Edited by LA03

EDIT: "Bueno!" made me think of this. :lol:

Missed this late edit. I'm not even gonna ask why it reminds you of that... :unsure:

So no job has left me with a lot of free time. Most of this free time is spent job searching and watching TV. I should probably try working out or something more productive, but whatever. Annnnnyway, all this time watching TV has led to my new "TV boyfriend" and he is David Cook. (The new American Idol if you've been living under a rock :P) Sooo hot.

And yes, I am aware I need to get out of my house before I go insane and re-introduce myself to the real world.

Or...you could just hang out here with the rest of us losers and make OT a lively place in the off season! You know you want to!

Because she keeps saying "Bueno!" Duh. :doh1:

(That and the fact that they hilariously exaggerate Dora the Explorer's bilingual speech patterns. :lol:)

Yah, I understood that part. My question, well the one I didn't want to ask, was why do you even know about her and her bueno ways? Why does she come to mind when bueno is mentioned? :noclue:

Perhaps you didn't notice, but the cartoon I linked to was from Saturday Night Live. That wasn't actually Dora the Explorer, it was a parody. As for the actual Dora the Explorer, the show is well-known for its method of teaching Spanish via regular conversation.

Ah. That would explain the disconnect, then. :)

(Although, had you watched the video, there's a point where Maraka yells at the viewing audience "Do it, a$$hole!" Yeah, definitely not Dora. :D)

Edited by RowdyFan42

cough cough HALO. :)

I think the 360 is better than the PS3... better games, better online.. etc.

cough cough WORKING CONSOLE :P

most of the games I'd want are cross platform anyway

and fvck bill gates he has ENOUGH of my money and I refuse to add X-Box repair to my computer list :P

My XBOX just got the Red rings of death :angry:

There's a street fix for that if you feel like trying it (nothing to lose really).

Wrap your box in a very lightly dampened bath towel or two. Turn it on and wait. Basically you suffocate it and overheat it for 30 minutes and it 'resets' itself via some sort of heat sensor. Unwrap and let it cool unpowered. Reboot and cross fingers.

I've heard it works for many folks...

There's a street fix for that if you feel like trying it (nothing to lose really).

Wrap your box in a very lightly dampened bath towel or two. Turn it on and wait. Basically you suffocate it and overheat it for 30 minutes and it 'resets' itself via some sort of heat sensor. Unwrap and let it cool unpowered. Reboot and cross fingers.

I've heard it works for many folks...

That is a good quick fix, but not a long term solution. (like free agency! :P ) It worked for me for about 2 weeks then died again. I called xbox and they were nice about it, they UPSed a box to me to send the 360 to them. 2 weeks later, my 360 came back. They said the old one was damaged to badly and gave me a new one for free. Brand new 360 for free AND one free month of XBL gold for the inconvenience. You lose it for 2 weeks though which can be tough.

As far as PS3 vs. 360 goes, PS3 is better, but it's definitely not 300 or whatever dollars better.