GDT: NJ DEVILS @ Philadelphia Flyers, Jan 22, 2008, 7:00 PM ET

eaglejelly

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clarkson vs. Downie: Clarkson appeared to get some good punches in early on, had Downie's head up against the glass for a bit lol, Downie kept mouthing like an idiot and looked like a bobblehead doll. He fought with his visor pansy, I hate Downie. Downie started the fight when he hit Clarkson from the side when David was going off the ice. Downie is a fvcking scumbag, pansy, no good piece of sh!t. Looks like Clarkson went off bleeding a bit, not sure how exactly, maybe Downie scratched him with some long nails. Win Clarkson.

Geez Doc and Chico have been pretty slow to realize when we're killing penalties, that's the second time I didn't realize there was a penalty till I heard the crowd and PA guy.

I don't condone dirty play but if any team deserves it it's these pansies. Good for Rachunek, let 'em know we're not gonna take their s-it (although it would have been nice if he didn't do it while we were on the PK already) :P

Edited by Hasan4978

Big scrum, I love this sh!t, too bad no one dropped the gloves. Clean hit by Rachunek, Gagne put himself in a bad position after Rachunek already started on the hit.

Sutter is irate with good cause. First, they don't call the extra 2 on Downie for initiating the fight with a visor, then he may have eye gouged Clarkson. Now they call that penalty on Rachunek when Gagne decided to be a dumb ass. Kill this sh!t off now Devils!

Short kill left in the beginning of the 2nd, I hope they can finish it off. You are right brodeurrocks, this is going to be a helluva game. What a crazy first period, 5 goals, 3 pp goals for the Devils, two fights, Rachunek with two good hits, Downie up to his antics. Its only going to get more intense.

Can't fight with a visor on and he instigated that so yes he should've gotten an extra 2.

Seems like it's no big deal to fight with a visor anymore. There was a Devils game earlier in the year, forgot when though, where the opponent was wearing a visor and nothing was called.

You gotta love Downie. He just may be the biggest pu$$y in this league and that is saying a lot when you got guys like Avery skating around. I can not wait till somebody lays that P.O.S. out. He is perfect for those goons in Philly. Always have been and always will be a trash organization.

And that penalty on Rachunek was just sad.

Edited by SickMan

Did Downie try to gauge Clarkson's eye?

It looked like he was to me. His hand moved to Clarkson's helmet as if he wanted to get the helmet off but he put pressure on his thumb which was right by Clarkson's eye and didn't seem to pay attention to the fingers tangled with the helmet.

Did Downie try to gauge Clarkson's eye?

After seeing the fight and some replays, its hard to tell, but it looked like Clarkson started to bleed after Downie's hand was up in his face. Didn't look like Clarkson was in any discomfort or pain until Downie pulled that move in "trying to get the helmet off." Someone should jump Downie and teach him a lesson sometime this game.

After seeing the fight and some replays, its hard to tell, but it looked like Clarkson started to bleed after Downie's hand was up in his face. Didn't look like Clarkson was in any discomfort or pain until Downie pulled that move in "trying to get the helmet off." Someone should jump Downie and teach him a lesson sometime this game.

I agree. I think Clarkson will re-unite with Downie before this one is over. You gotta love the intensity it adds to these games against the Phailures.