GDT: Kings vs. Devils, 7PM

Devilsdude530

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oduya's been playing really well recently, I like Martin and Oduya together. I think they bring some offense from the D which is sorely lacking. You have to ride him while he's playing well now, because in about two months he'll probably revert to his old self, and then you will REALLY want to bench him.

WAHHHH BENCH ODUYA!

WAHHH BENCH RACHUNEK!

Yeah, I don't think Brookbank was pulling off the efforts those two gave tonight.

I know Oduya makes his massive mistakes, but when he's on, he's friggin' on...shame he only had an assist to show for it tonight, though if they gave three asists he would hav had the third on the Zajac goal.

Edited by Hasan4978

That's the thing though when you're talking about guys who are or should be fifth and sixth D, I don't so much want the guy with upside as I do one who won't screw the pooch.

And for Rachunek it's a little late in his career to be counting on supposed upside, he is what he is. He'll have a good game one out of every four and get us all on the bandwagon then have a bad game and two invisible ones and make us remember why he was out of the league for a year or two and not good enough for the Rangers' D last year.

With Oduya you can still sort of make the argument there's time for him to improve - and lately he's at least had 'some' good flashes to go along with his quota of bad flashes - although I would rather see him with White or Mottau if he has to be on a top four pairing for the reason HOI said and one I've been harping on.