GDT: Kings vs. Devils, 7PM

Devilsdude530

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Game...never underestimate the value of 2 points.

Having said this...don't be decieved by the offensive production tonight.

This Kings team is terrible and is minding the NHL basement for a reason.

Add to this the absence of: Blake, Cammileri, Thornton, Nagy, and the rest.

The way we started to play in the 3rd, if this were most other teams, we'd be watching similar results to MTL and PIT frome earlier this week.

If this defense doesn't step it up we are still in real trouble. Despite the King D virtually giving Rachunek a goal...(maybe the feel bad and have been reading this board), I still feel that he is the weakest link on the D, way too slow and gets beat almost every time.

On the positive notes, this D's strength is really holding the puck in...in the offensive zone. Credit Mottau with some real responsable plays tonight (the goal mouth dive to back up Brodeur early)...he is the overachiever of the group for sure and is the only one other than Martin/White that is "earning his minutes", albeit the bar wasn't set as high for him as it was for the others.

They will still need a much better effort Monday. :evil:

Edited by DevilinLA

True...but after how much sustained pressure that the Kings had put on...everyone was a bit guilty on that one.

I know you hate him Tri....but I'm trying to find something positive that is developing with this D.

For every 10% of mistakes he makes...I think he's giving 90% effort. His motivation...This is his chance to earn a spot on a team, he's not making the big bucks, he's not a name, he's trying to make the most of this opportunity.

It would be interesting to see peoples' rankings of who the most guilty D men are from worst to least?

Some parts from White's interview (that i can remember)

Stan (while replay is on TV): Take us through your goal here.

Whitey: Well, i just shot the puck.

Stan: With a shot like that, you should point the PP. Over the years i've seen some great shots. Why dont you?

White totally avoids the question, talks about something else.

Stan: you didn't answer my question about the PP.

White: We've got better guys for that.

Stan: But your shot is great.

They went back and forth for a while.

White ended with saying "Its been 163 games since my last goal, lets hope the next one is sooner"

Just got back from the game. The crowd of under 16k was actually quite quiet. This was my first experience sitting in 209 which, by the way, is awesome. I wish all fans were this passionate.

Great game.

Best part of the night though, there was a guy in a Gretzky Rangers jersey and his friend wearing a Flyers Gagne jersey sitting in the first row of 210 who thought it was wise to run their mouths the whole game. After the "talking to" they got from all of section 209 and 210, they will be crying for a long while.

Glad to see the D get 5 points tonight! Clarkson had a great game. Aaaaaand Pelley needs to hit someone.

Just got back from the game. The crowd of under 16k was actually quite quiet. This was my first experience sitting in 209 which, by the way, is awesome. I wish all fans were this passionate.

Great game.

Best part of the night though, there was a guy in a Gretzky Rangers jersey and his friend wearing a Flyers Gagne jersey sitting in the first row of 210 who thought it was wise to run their mouths the whole game. After the "talking to" they got from all of section 209 and 210, they will be crying for a long while.

Im not sure about that Max. I agreee with you about the pricing. It's something I've talked about forever (who hasn't). But if they did that for next season, they would have to advertise it, do their open house thing and etc. There's ways to boost ticket sales...

And another marketing thing...god am I sick of the game night production. It's just horrid. They need new video production, new DJ, and to limit the organ guy heavily.

and here's an idea...the Devils need to start playing Runnin With The Devil again..more Bruce, more Jovi, more Rock music in general. Also some of us get there at 5:30...do we really need to sit there and watch Devils Scramble, Hockey 101, and whatever crappy slides they have on the big board before warmups??? They have like 10 slides and rotate them like crazy....do one of the following...1. Show the previous nights NHL On The Fly Final from NHL Network or 2. Show a game featuring the two teams playing currently on the ice. Edit it down to 55 minutes...and viola, takes right up into warmups and keeps me entertained. That Organ makes me wanna go to bed.

Im not sure about that Max. I agreee with you about the pricing. It's something I've talked about forever (who hasn't). But if they did that for next season, they would have to advertise it, do their open house thing and etc. There's ways to boost ticket sales...

And another marketing thing...god am I sick of the game night production. It's just horrid. They need new video production, new DJ, and to limit the organ guy heavily.

and here's an idea...the Devils need to start playing Runnin With The Devil again..more Bruce, more Jovi, more Rock music in general. Also some of us get there at 5:30...do we really need to sit there and watch Devils Scramble, Hockey 101, and whatever crappy slides they have on the big board before warmups??? They have like 10 slides and rotate them like crazy....do one of the following...1. Show the previous nights NHL On The Fly Final from NHL Network or 2. Show a game featuring the two teams playing currently on the ice. Edit it down to 55 minutes...and viola, takes right up into warmups and keeps me entertained. That Organ makes me wanna go to bed.

I just got back from the game too. I predicted a blowout earlier today -- about the only one who predicted a Devils win tonight. Close enough.

I though it was a decent-enough crowd. The second of only three total Saturday night games this season.

Anyway, about the music, I don't know what happened. The Devils used to have killer music in the late 1990s/early 2000s. Whoever was in charge of their music selection back then was very creative. That Yanni song that they used to play was awesome (Yanni awesome? I know. Ridiculous as it sounds, it worked. Much better than AC/DC's Thunderstruck.) The team's music choices now are bland and predictable IMHO.

Great game and a very much needed win at home for the Devils. Nice to see Rachunek, Brylin and White contribute on goals tonight since most of the season they have been missing. Gionta is still missing out on the ice. A breakout game like this is good but then again it was a Kings team who is pretty bad and have no goaltending. Still a win.

Monday night is HUGE for the Devils now with Pittsburgh winning 4-1 tonight and the Flyers shutting out Anaheim tonight 3-0 in Philly. :blink:

Devils need this win over Pittsburgh at home where they have now lost their last 5 at home to Pittsburgh. Devils win this one on Monday it is second place and possibly back into first place in the division.

Nice win tonight and they can build on this come Monday vs. Pittsburgh.

Yanni will be back for the playoffs.

That attendance figure was very honest. I actually thought it was somewhere around 16,500-16,900. The only empty seats were the rediculously priced $100 off-center seats and some $115 and $95 seats. A friend of mine showed up at the box office around 6:30 and the cheapest seats available were $75.

The Kings booster club was there, pretty large group too. Gotta give them credit for making such a big trip for that team.

WAHHHH BENCH ODUYA!

WAHHH BENCH RACHUNEK!

Yeah, I don't think Brookbank was pulling off the efforts those two gave tonight.

I know Oduya makes his massive mistakes, but when he's on, he's friggin' on...shame he only had an assist to show for it tonight, though if they gave three asists he would hav had the third on the Zajac goal.

I spent the night in the restaurant, so the four-goal second period was directly in front of us. Very awesome, we needed an old-fashioned thrashing of a bad team.