GDT: San Jose @ NEW JERSEY - 2/20/08 7 p.m

eaglejelly

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As for trades, Greene is WAY more likely to go then Rachunek because he is a better trading chip then Karel is. Either way, Greene is not this pivotal player on D right now. If he was he would not have been a healthy scratch for half the season. Maybe he will become a really good D-man one day but he just isn't there yet.
Edited by Triumph

Yeah, basically. I think Greene's as good as gone at the deadline. He's been passed on the depth chart by two players, Oduya and Mottau, and New Jersey risks destroying his value completely by trying to rehabilitate him next season. We might even see a David Hale-style dump of Greene, but that's a little more unlikely.

as for the penalty - you can close your hand on the puck and drop it, or you can bat it forward out of the air. You can't close your hand and throw it forward. That one's going to be called a huge % of the time. Players close their hand on the puck often, but they don't go anywhere with it except to themselves.

I don't have the rulebook in front of me but the penalty is for closing the hand around the puck, not what you do with it after. Technically every closed hand should be a penalty. Players have been penalzied for dropping it to themselves when they just take too long...but it's inconsistently called so it can be hard on players sometimes.

What the hell has Green done?

He did have that wide open standing still slap shot in the first period that he sent at about 2 MPH towards the corner by accident. :D But ya, it's definitely troubling the step back Greene took this year because he really looked solid last season.

Edited by Devils731

Yeah, basically. I think Greene's as good as gone at the deadline. He's been passed on the depth chart by two players, Oduya and Mottau, and New Jersey risks destroying his value completely by trying to rehabilitate him next season. We might even see a David Hale-style dump of Greene, but that's a little more unlikely.

as for the penalty - you can close your hand on the puck and drop it, or you can bat it forward out of the air. You can't close your hand and throw it forward. That one's going to be called a huge % of the time. Players close their hand on the puck often, but they don't go anywhere with it except to themselves.

Triumph's right. You can't close your hand on the puck and throw it. Thats a two minute penalty. What are you guys complaining about?

The worst call of the night was the 1st one where Joe Thornton fell down from a phantom hook. But that was just a blown call.

In any case I didnt really see SJ do anything blatant that deserved a penalty so I can't complain too much about only one penalty being called. I thought the refs were fair.