GDT: San Jose @ NEW JERSEY - 2/20/08 7 p.m

eaglejelly

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Devils, as usual, make quick work of a young goaltender - only reason they won this game, as they didn't play particularly well.

Gionta with another 3rd period offensive zone penalty, and a sick deflection into... our net. Grrr. Had a nice game otherwise, though.

Johnny Oduya with another fantastic game. Made some great defensive plays and facewashed Roenick when he went after Brodeur.

And this is somewhat irrelevant but I went to the box office after the Carolina game and was told the Islanders game was sold out - and now they're advertising tickets during the game? WTF? I know they release tickets late and all that, but I was little pissed that I couldn't get anything.

Good game tonight and especially from the defense "inturns" Greene and Brookbank. ;)

Solid play tonight but just seems that Vishnevski it at the wrong place at the wrong time on the ice. He laid out a nice hit but just poor play in their own zone. Sutter is smart to keep Greene and Brookbank in tonight against a so called dangerous team as the Sharks. Brodeur let in one goal on his own tonight which was the 1st goal of the game. Just glad to see the Devils bounce back in the second period with a goal and then two quick ones. Parise, Madden and Brylin had some nice goals. Devils got the 2 points and now it is onto the NYI who the Devils will be ready for on Saturday afternoon! :evil:

I just wanted to recognize that even though he didn't get on the scoresheet Zajac had another very good offensive night.

Zajac had a great game and was just snake bitten all night long. He could have easily had 3-4 goals tonight. Madden had a good game too along with Pandolfo.

SJ's goalie was terrible, he came like 3 feet OUT/OFF of his crease and gave up monster rebounds.. Madden and Parise's goals were both his fault.. But whatever SJ didn't look good at all, im surprised they have a winning record..

You can tell the SJ goalie was a rookie and he did make a lot of mistakes which the Devils capitalized on with Parise and Madden's goals. They needed to keep the pressure on him and needed more shots on the rookie.

Im just surprised how SJ looked though.. Thornton/Marleau were like hidden out there.. Cheechoo didn't do much (besides his 1 goal which mostly was b/c of the crazy Pru-Center boards :P).. And their PP looked ugly too.. I guess I thought they would be too good..

Now lets get the 2 points vs NYI! I THINK Weekes should get the start, JUST to change things up.. dont forget Weekes was in net when we got that 1 (and only vs them this year) point vs NYI back in October..

Edited by nmigliore

Im just surprised how SJ looked though.. Thornton/Marleau were like hidden out there.. Cheechoo didn't do much (besides his 1 goal which mostly was b/c of the crazy Pru-Center boards :P).. And their PP looked ugly too.. I guess I thought they would be too good..

Now lets get the 2 points vs NYI! I THINK Weekes should get the start, JUST to change things up.. dont forget Weekes was in net when we got that 1 (and only vs them this year) point vs NYI back in October..

After losing every game so far to the NYI and they have been playing well as of late I highly doubt we will see Weeks in goal. Brodeur will start vs. DiPietro on Saturday afternoon. If anything Weeks could possibly play @ Washington on Sunday afternoon which I mention a while back when we may see Weeks play.

After losing every game so far to the NYI and they have been playing well as of late I highly doubt we will see Weeks in goal. Brodeur will start vs. DiPietro on Saturday afternoon. If anything Weeks could possibly play @ Washington on Sunday afternoon which I mention a while back when we may see Weeks play.

Oh yeah theres no doubt in my mind that Brodeur will play, i was just suggesting.. but i didnt realize Sunday's game, so i take back my comments; save Weekes (AND PLEASE START HIM THEM) for the Caps.. I kinda feel bad for him he never has a grimace on his face (always is smiling), unlike many other backup goalies, those who even have more starts than him, i think he deserves more play.

haha, but seriously Sutter's daughter is kinda hot, (Please God I hope she's not younger then 17)

She is 17.

My friend thought she was hot and my-stalked a little bit, and found her facebook. last i heard he was contemplating adding her as a friend.

Johnny Oduya with another fantastic game. Made some great defensive plays and facewashed Roenick when he went after Brodeur.

Let's not go that far. His great defensive plays can be offset by TWO trademarked Oduyaways, and he was caught a couple of times other than that doing something stupid. I think he had a bad fan on a clear attempt in the defensive zone as well, where he just took his eyes off the puck and whiffed.

It wasn't horrible, but only if you are comparing Oduya to Oduya's past play. He certainly didn't wind up costing the Devils anything.

Edited by Cowutopia

"Your friend", right.......

LOL

I had a feeling that was coming... ;)

But he really did find it, showed me, I think it'd be creepy to add her. I don't need my favorite team's coach's daughter thinking I'm an online stalker.

13,885 Larger than I thought it would be.

It actually looked and sounded like more people than that which surprised me too given our crappy attendance last Wednesday. A lot of these attendance numbers make no sense to me, at times it seems like there are more and at times fewer fans than the actual given number :P

For once playing a backup goalie helped the Devils, we lose this game with Nabokov in net. But the team has been playing well lately and didn't play all that bad tonight either so guess we deserved a break, especially with the ridiculous reffing AGAIN.

btw Tri, the Devils have some text-message discounts (text Devils to 73777) every game, one of the discounts given today was for Islander tickets Saturday - $95 tickets for $65. You need the text message and the code, probably too late for that.

I do think the Isle game will be a sellout or pretty close to it in any case but that is weird that they wouldn't sell tickets at the box office then advertise it. This organization's pr makes no sense either.

3 officials for now

I don't know if they showed this on tv but one of the linesman caught a rut in the ice and lost his edge and fell when they were warming up before the 2nd period. He looked like he tweaked his knee but he came back later in the game so I'm glad that he was ok.

Edited by Satans Hockey