New York Mets Thread

Devils Pride 26

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing that has bothered me a bit with the talk of the Met Collapse this year is: Is it really a collapse? We all know last year was, but the media keeps saying collapse when to me it does not feel like it.

Granted I'm a Yankees fan and I don't have an everyday pulse of the Mets, but to me the REAL collapse this year is the Brewers; and I think the Mets will get in the playoffs.

One thing that has bothered me a bit with the talk of the Met Collapse this year is: Is it really a collapse? We all know last year was, but the media keeps saying collapse when to me it does not feel like it.

Granted I'm a Yankees fan and I don't have an everyday pulse of the Mets, but to me the REAL collapse this year is the Brewers; and I think the Mets will get in the playoffs.

Mets are not making the playoffs.

They left the door open for the Brewers, much like the Reds left the door open for us in 1999.

It is a mini collapse. It's not 7 in 17, but they were ahead of Philly 3.5 with 17 to go. You have to close it out.

Like '7' says, it's not an all-time collapse, like last year's disaster was. But it's bad enough. They're now 4-7 in their last 11 games, and went just 3-4 on a road trip against two teams that were both several games under .500. I think they're done too, although I'm holding out hope.

I just cant have hope with this team.. I mean Christ:

Pedro tonight

Pelfrey tomorrow (whose to say its gonna be a good outing anyway? He struggles vs FLA)

Figeuroa/Knight/Niese or whoever on Saturday

Santana* on Sunday

I have some confidence in Pelf/Santana.. but thats just 2 wins. Totaling 3 wins on the last 7 games, if the Brewers go 5-2, thats not enough. I said they needed 4.

Im *expecting* a Brewer sweep tonight, so the Mets better hang tight

Someone should post this in the clubhouse (from Metsblog - http://www.metsblog.com/2008/09/25/link-th...ing-the-mets/):

Brian Costello is covering the Phillies-side of the pennant race for the New York Post.

In a post to his blog for the New York Post, Costello writes about how the Braves celebrated the Mets loss last night, while watching it from their clubhouse in Philadelphia.

According to Costello, as the Cubs scored in the 10th, the Braves began signing ‘Meet the Mets,’ and mocking the Kevin James Lets Go Mets video from Shea Stadium.

(written by Matt): …well, to their credit, i mock that ridiculous Kevin James video, too…nothing against james, who i actually think is funny, but that video of him trying to get a chant going is down-right maniacal…

…that said, ouch…the Braves singing Meet the Mets is sort of like being informed of how the Cardinals were singing the Jose, Jose, Jose chant in their clubhouse following the NLCS in 2006..

If that doesn't get them fired, up then they shouldn't be playing for the New York Mets.

Edited by nmigliore

After last night's devastating loss the Mets need to win their last 4-games if they want to make the playoffs. Pedro has to pitch the game of his life tonight to keep the Mets in the game. It will be interesting to see how the Mets will get their last 3-games of the season in @ Shea this weekend with all the rain that is expected starting tomorrow. I have a feeling the Mets may have a game on Monday if Sunday is rained out or one of the other games or we may see a DH on Saturday or Sunday if one or more games are PPD. That does not favor the Mets at all, but the Brewers are playing the Cubs which is a good thing for the Mets. Still alive for the division and the NL WC are the Mets. They really have to put it in gear NOW or it will be over in 4 more games @ Shea.

BELIEVE!!!

LETS GO METS!!!!

Looks like I was lucky to score some Mets tickets for tonight's game vs. the Cubs and as well for the Marlins games on Friday and the last one ever @ Shea on Sunday! :koolaid: I just hope the Mets win on these games and really do not want to be disappointed being there and not making the playoffs. I hope to see them make the playoffs. B )

Edited by SatansDevils

It's more of a choke than a collapse. AGAIN this team sucked in September against subpar competition.

Plus there've been about thirty games where the Mets should have had won but didn't because of a lousy bullpen and ridiculously bad clutch hitting from the fifth inning on. A lot of mini-collapses to deal with game to game.

WOW LOOK AT THE CUBS LINEUP

Its like Lineup D

>Okay seriously.. with this Cubs lineup.. its like Lou P is just handing the Mets a W.. If Pedro can't AT LEAST give a quality start vs this lineup, I really think he should just never pitch again.. really.. thats when u know ur done

Edited by nmigliore

Great start Pedro. 1-0 Cubs.

You suck Go Home. Yes I've given up on him this early..

2-0. ......... so sad.. really is.. The Cubs are not even trying for Gods sakes is such a low lineup.. Do you really suck that bad now Pedro? JEsus

Edited by nmigliore

Hey!! NOW David Wright decides to drive in that run! :lol:

At least they fired back to make it 2-1.. Harden has absolutely NO velocity on his pitches.. i think hes clocked out at 87 max so far..

Not to mention putting like five pitches so far in the dirt. Mets just need to get runners on base and let Harden do the rest of the work.

Church out by a mile.. who the hell called for that one? Church should ONLY be in motion on a hit in run, hes not that fast enough to steal a base.. unless the catcher botches the throw badly

and Harden im only expecting to pitch 5 innings.. thats his usual amount anyway

Edited by nmigliore

Church out by a mile.. who the hell called for that one? Church should ONLY be in motion on a hit in run, hes not that fast enough to steal a base.. unless the catcher botches the throw badly

and Harden im only expecting to pitch 5 innings.. thats his usual amount anyway

and he gets thrown out by a guy who nearly lost 4 fingers in a table saw accident. :giggle: only the Mets.

Cubs trot out their C lineup as Fagdro implodes. Get this washed up little punk outta their. Let's see what Maine can do, because Pedro is lost.

Zach Duke decides the Mets season :pray:

Edited by '7'

I honestly feel like it will all grind to a halt tonight. The team is sleepwalking and still shellshocked, the crowd is dead. Pedro is being knocked around by Hoffpauer and other random bums.

Sad sad way for the season to end. With a whimper.

Rich Harden on base as Pedro jogs to first and doesn't get the throw in time. This is really pathetic. A team with nothing to play for having their way with us.

Edited by '7'

Harden batting? Cubs are seriously gonna pitch him for the 6th?

seriously, give us a little break Lou!

let's just score a run and call the game!

Besides, why is Piniella having his guy pitch in this weather on a wet mound?

god damn delgado. What are you swinging at?

Edited by '7'