1. 1. Who Would be Most Liked Internationally

• Obama
    • McCain
    • Clinton

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Canada for one could not be an isolationist, because they need us to survive in this world.

If Canada told someone to go f*ck themselves, they'd be risking invasion.

I pity that Ambassador. You should have given him my e-mail address.

I sense doubt. Would you like to wager $500 that I had dinner two weeks ago with an American ambassador and we discussed American politics?

As for LOTCB's "it's okay for a Canadian Prime Minister to put their country number one blah, blah, blah"..... whether it be Europe, Canada, Australia - most developed countries have found that isolationism would be to the detriment of their nation. Working together with other countries *IS* putting your country number one. Whether it be working together on climate change, working within NATO to attempt to restore order in Afghanistan, or multinational trade agreements - I just don't see how telling everyone else to fvck themselves is "putting America number one".

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN..... BOYS AND GIRLS.....

NJDEVS.COM is proud to present the INTERNATIONAL EVENT of all ages.

In the corner to my FAR LEFT... a veteran of over 13,000 posts, hailing from our neighbors to the North.. CANADA..... DOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNN.

In the corner to my Right, he is a veteran of more then 6500 posts, with Politics, Religion and Off-Topic as his specialty, hailing from the good ole US of A......... JIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMY LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDS

This is a 12 rd sactioned match from NJDEVS.COM sponsored by CMON SPORTS.....

Fight fair.. no posts below the belt.......

DING DING DING

CMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

In the corner to my FAR LEFT... a veteran of over 13,000 posts, hailing from our neighbors to the North.. CANADA..... DOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNN.

In the corner to my Right, he is a veteran of more then 6500 posts, with Politics, Religion and Off-Topic as his specialty, hailing from the good ole US of A......... JIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMY LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDS

DING DING DING

Don, I am not suggesting that the ideas you stated here do not have some merit (climate change is a big issue as the enviroment in my book as well) but it sounds like to me "as long as my country works with other countries for what I want" its ok...but if not, they are evil and only thinking of themselves.

DING DING DING

So you want a link from a mainstream news media source? :P

I was speaking metaphorically.

- going into Iraq despite the United Nations shooting down Colin Powell

- nominating a man who would rather tear down the United Nations than fix it (John Bolton)

- European countries such as England and Germany have complained that the United States will not work with them on environmental issues like climate change

- taking hard lines rather than negotiating fair trade settlements (ie softwood lumber)

Edited by Jimmy Leeds

John Bolton was an outstanding Ambassador. It's to bad our weak kneed leftists were afraid of his take charge attitude.

What environemtal issues? You mean the fabricated climate change we hear about..........?

What is it this time, are we going to be overtaken by the ice caps........or are they melting this week?

And I don't know about the lumber stuff.

What about the f'in oil sands of Alberta? I don't see sh^t from u Don when it comes to the Canadian Goverment crying that the US may have reforms in place that will negate the billions being spent and many thousands of Canadian jobs effected by this:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/a40bb12a-ee43-11...00779fd2ac.html

Canada fears new US law will undermine exports of oil sands

By Sheila McNulty in Houston

Published: March 10 2008 02:00 | Last updated: March 10 2008 02:00

Canada has warned the US government that a narrow interpretation of new energy legislation would prohibit its neighbour buying fuel from Alberta's vast oil sands with "unintended consequences for both countries".

In a letter to Robert Gates, US Defense Secretary, Canada said that it "would not want to see an expansive interpretation" of the Energy Independence and Security Act 2007. A copy of the letter, from Canadian Ambassador Michael Wilson and copied to Condoleezza Rice, US Secretary of State, and Samuel Bodman, US Energy Secretary, has been obtained by the Financial Times.

"The Canadians do, in fact, have something to worry about, particularly from a Democratic administration," Ms Jaffe said.

Environmentalists say extracting a barrel of crude from oil sands results in five times the amount of greenhouse gas emissions than extracting conventional crude - a figure some energy companies dispute."

What about the f'in oil sands of Alberta? I don't see sh^t from u Don when it comes to the Canadian Goverment crying that the US may have reforms in place that will negate the billions being spent and many thousands of Canadian jobs effected by this:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/a40bb12a-ee43-11...00779fd2ac.html

Canada fears new US law will undermine exports of oil sands

By Sheila McNulty in Houston

Published: March 10 2008 02:00 | Last updated: March 10 2008 02:00

Canada has warned the US government that a narrow interpretation of new energy legislation would prohibit its neighbour buying fuel from Alberta's vast oil sands with "unintended consequences for both countries".

In a letter to Robert Gates, US Defense Secretary, Canada said that it "would not want to see an expansive interpretation" of the Energy Independence and Security Act 2007. A copy of the letter, from Canadian Ambassador Michael Wilson and copied to Condoleezza Rice, US Secretary of State, and Samuel Bodman, US Energy Secretary, has been obtained by the Financial Times.

"The Canadians do, in fact, have something to worry about, particularly from a Democratic administration," Ms Jaffe said.

Environmentalists say extracting a barrel of crude from oil sands results in five times the amount of greenhouse gas emissions than extracting conventional crude - a figure some energy companies dispute."

Edited by LOULAM1

It's so difficult to have a conversation with some of you....

(but it's ok if you don't care about international point of view and if you see "hate" and "jealousy" in us everytime we disagree with "you")

You're right... everything is black & white... much easier like that.

This post was a test to see how stupidly loyal people are to their candidate. Every poll shows Barack Obama is dominatly favored internationally in almost all country's besides England where Hillary has a slight lead. I am not saying people are even smart internationally for favoring him. Maybe McCain actually would be a great supporter of Denmark, and they love him there. The FACT is that people around the world see him as the Republican successor of George Bush. Whom they hate. This isn't even arguable.

I could have asked which person running for the presidential nomination do you think is married to someone named Bill, and people would have voted for Obama or McCain out of loyalty in a contest. I could have also asked which canidate would be favored by bomb manufacturers and once agian people would vote for "their guy"

You all fail.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.