2000 All Over Again?

devilsrule33

I mentioned this a few weeks earlier and am surprised to see this is actually happening. The parallels are pretty amazing.

In 2000, going into the final game the Devils played the Panthers. They already knew they would be playing each other in the 1st round. All that was up for grabs was the 4th seed and home ice in the first round. Jason Arnott scores in OT giving the Devils the dramatic win. It gave them major momentum going into the playoffs, especially considering this team was really struggling down the stretch. Without that win, who knows what happens in the playoffs.

Looks like the same thing is happening again in 2008, but this time sub in the Rangers. All I can say is forget the 7 losses. All that matters is the final one.

Edited by devilsrule33

2 big differences

the 2000 could score goals.

the 2000 team had Niedermayer/Stevens/Rafalski

Even when the 2000 team was struggling it was ok because they were still scoring. That team had chemistry, this has none.

2 big differences

Even when the 2000 team was struggling it was ok because they were still scoring. That team had chemistry, this has none.

I never said there were parallels between the teams.

Edited by devilsrule33

2 big differences

Yeah, and the 2000 Devils won the season series with Florida. This has no parallels with 2000, sorry.

We have some talent, but nowhere near the 2000 team. The 2000 team was defensive minded but scored goals. Sorry man....just aint happening this year! They are just making too many mistakes and taking stupid ass penalties. I hope to eat my words in a month, but I just can't see it happening.

2000 SC team had one of the best lines in the NHL and in Devils history with the "A" line.

2008 team has really no scoring line because Sutter keeps changing the lines all season long. Maybe put Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner line back together we will see better games by Zajac and Langenbrunner who have been absent for the most part of the season.

2000 SC team had defense infront of Brodeur-Stevens, Daneyko, Niedermayer and Rafalski.

2008 team has young defenseman and NO leadership. Maybe Martin and White are the only defense. Oduya is just having a good season too but not all there yet.

2000 SC team played with heart, fire and team chemistry.

2008 team so called had chemistry before the trade deadline but that is all gone now with the constant changing of the lines by Sutter and maybe some of the players are just fed up with him.

This team also plays with no heart and fire.

This 2008 team no way compares to the 2000 SC team. Maybe closer to the 2003 SC team but not the 2000 SC team.

Edited by SatansDevils

2000 SC team had one of the best lines in the NHL and in Devils history with the "A" line.

2008 team has really no scoring line because Sutter keeps changing the lines all season long. Maybe put Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner line back together we will see better games by Zajac and Langenbrunner who have been absent for the most part of the season.

2000 SC team had defense infront of Brodeur-Stevens, Daneyko, Niedermayer and Rafalski.

2008 team has young defenseman and NO leadership. Maybe Martin and White are the only defense. Oduya is just having a good season too but not all there yet.

2000 SC team played with heart, fire and team chemistry.

2008 team so called had chemistry before the trade deadline but that is all gone now with the constant changing of the lines by Sutter and maybe some of the players are just fed up with him.

This team also plays with no heart and fire.

This 2008 team no way compares to the 2000 SC team. Maybe closer to the 2003 SC team but not the 2000 SC team.

The players said they have the chemistry to win the rest of the season and would hate to see some player get traded. They played their best hockey before the trade deadline because some were afraid they would be traded. Then the trade deadline came and gone and once again the Devils do not get what they need. Lou drops the ball again this season and was suckered by the players and Sutter for saying all the chemistry crap and now fell apart after the trade deadline and have no chemistry now. Next time I hope Lou does not listen to his coach and his players and see for himself what is obvouisly missing with this team.