We met again Game Day Thread: Rangers VS Devils 7:00 PM EST

Devil Fan

yea i know everyone's gonna disagree with me but this team is way more built for the playoffs than that of the last 2 years - we were forechecking! holding pucks in the zone! getting them to the back - drawing some penalties - getting great opportunities. just not finishing.

the finishing will come.

Agree 100%

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

get over it, I didn't say anything about the Rangers offense. I don't follow the rags close enough during the regular season. What I do know is we have nothing on most nights offensively, gonna argue that?

cant argue that theres not too much offense most nights. but if u look at tonight, awesome chances, bad breaks. i think that the win we had at the end of the season made them notice they CAN win. they just have to pay foward all theyve got.

well anyway ive gotta go to bed, i have a long day of school ahead of me cuz the loss. well actually most rangers fans in my school prolly didnt even know they played us.lol

anyway great game, great chances, bad breaks.

we'll get em next time.

Edited by njdevilsluva

I completely agree. I just hope the finishing comes before this series is over.

To tell you the truth, I think this game showed that the Devils have a very realistic shot to win this series. The forecheck was excellent today, and they generated a lot of chances, which is what won the Canes the playoffs in '06.

Are you blind? The Devils suck. We have no chance. Get ready for Baseball. We're never going to score again. Lou is a giant a$$hole for not trading for anybody. Marty is finished and should take Chico's place in the booth. We're the worst team in the playoffs. The Rangers are so great and can't be beaten. The Devils have no balls, pride or heart. Our coach is a moron. The players are talentless hacks. I can keep going.

Game 2 is Friday night.

They did look good for about 50 minutes of play. The best thing about tonights game though was Avery took a few stiches. It sucks his bitch ass got a goal though.

Are you blind? The Devils suck. We have no chance. Get ready for Baseball. We're never going to score again. Lou is a giant a$$hole for not trading for anybody. Marty is finished and should take Chico's place in the booth. We're the worst team in the playoffs. The Rangers are so great and can't be beaten. The Devils have no balls, pride or heart. Our coach is a moron. The players are talentless hacks. I can keep going.

Game 2 is Friday night.

Devils played very well, especially in that second period. Marty's blunder swung the momentum the wrong way, but there was some good play, and we rang some posts. Henry was shaky, we caused him a lot of trouble with the high shots, and as long as we keep them from getting chances to capitalize on I'm not worried.

Nearly forgot--Salvador was TERRIBLE! Got caught out of position all night and made terrible passes. I prefer VV.

Edited by DevilNurn

Game 2 is Friday night.

holy sh!t, then just leave. Honestly, this is YOUR opinion, but it's ridiculous. and thats MY opinion.

In terms of the game we just played, that is true. However, it provides some hope for the rest of the series. In the regular season, the Devils weren't even creating chances, so at least they've taken a step forward. So in thinking about the rest of the series, the "we had lots of chances" comments are actually quite significant, because that is the first step towards scoring goals.

If this is what the "secret plan" was, it's not working. All it did was produce the worst loss to the Rangers of this season.

You knew it would turn out how? The Devils would outplay the Rangers all over the ice but not be able to put the puck in the net. You knew the Devils would dominate but a blunder by Marty would ruin it all? Did you really know all this?

What did you know about the series? That it would take more than one game to decide it? Because that is all anybody knows right now.

Doesn't matter what the Devils brought to the game, they lost. I never said they'll get swept. They could very well come back and win Game 2, but when it shifts to New York this series will be over.

BTW, I feel like I know Marty's blunders better than most. I was at Game 3 of the Finals in 2003 when Marty dropped his stick and it went between his legs into the net. I don't blame Marty for the loss, as it could have been worse if not for him, but he picks the absolute worst times to have a brain fart.

ha ha that was me. takes me like an hour to get back to normal after a loss.

It has taken me a LONG time (ten years) to get to the point where I can take a logical look at the Devils without letting my emotions overtake me. I used to just get mad at every loss and blame it on something else instead of looking at the facts. I may be able to be calmer about it now, but that doesn't mean I like what is happening to the Devils... at all.

The fact is, the team played well, but they STILL COULDN'T SCORE. It's almost harder to watch a team play well and just be incapable of scoring, than the team just straight up sucking for a night. At least when the team clearly plays badly they know what to improve on. The team played pretty much as well as they could, and it resulted in 1 goal.

It has taken me a LONG time (ten years) to get to the point where I can take a logical look at the Devils without letting my emotions overtake me. I used to just get mad at every loss and blame it on something else instead of looking at the facts. I may be able to be calmer about it now, but that doesn't mean I like what is happening to the Devils... at all.

hasnt taken me ten years, cuz i was 3.lol

but i used to do that. now i face the facts, tonight though, i believe we had a good game, good chances, bad breaks.

i think we can win this.

Edited by njdevilsluva

These guys are awesome. :giggle: Bi polar - it's the Devil fan trade mark

Seriously - look at how calm and fresh they all look after what looked to be an EXHAUSTING game. and didn't you all LOVE the forecheck even? I'm so not used to YOUTH on the devils squad :giggle:

Lundqvist is so NOT HOT annabelle :puke:

The fact is, the team played well, but they STILL COULDN'T SCORE. It's almost harder to watch a team play well and just be incapable of scoring, than the team just straight up sucking for a night. At least when the team clearly plays badly they know what to improve on. The team played pretty much as well as they could, and it resulted in 1 goal.

thats what makes us all nervous. we just have to have faith that they'll whip themselves into shape.

just gotta keep thinking its only 1 right now.

Sh!t happens! We didn't play well, we played a game that would have been more than enough to beat about any team without Lundqvist in goal. We absolutely dominated the Rangers for about 45 minutes.