Child born with two faces

Zerve

1_21_twofacedbaby450.jpg

A baby born in India with two faces is being worshipped as the reincarnation of a Hindu goddess.

One month old Lali suffers from an extremely rare condition known as cranofacial duplication where a single head has two faces.

Locals are hailing Lali as the return of the goddess Durga, traditionally depicted with three faces and many arms.

You would feel dumb if it turns out she really is a re-incarnation of some goddess and came back to smote you. I'm not saying I believe it, but don't piss in people' cheerio's because you don't.

Can we create a new board award: the dude that contradicts EVERYTHING award.

Ze Squish thinks to himself "no I don't"

Can we create a new board award: the dude that contradicts EVERYTHING award.

Ze Squish thinks to himself "no I don't"

I have no problem getting that award if its a reflection of someone who thinks it's intolerable for people to mock other religions because they feel their own is superior. There is no less reason to believe this girl is a re-incarnate of some old goddess then to believe in ghosts, or aliens or *gasp* even god.

But hey, I guess you were really funny there, amirite?

I have no problem getting that award if its a reflection of someone who thinks it's intolerable for people to mock other religions because they feel their own is superior. There is no less reason to believe this girl is a re-incarnate of some old goddess then to believe in ghosts, or aliens or *gasp* even god.

My parents/family are Hindu and would have laughed at the notion this was a reincarnation too.

My parents/family are Hindu and would have laughed at the notion this was a reincarnation too.

If you are implying they think it is ok to mock religions or beliefs not of their own, I'm glad they are as disrespectful as others in this thread. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

If you are implying they think it is ok to mock religions or beliefs not of their own, I'm glad they are as disrespectful as others in this thread. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

Uh, I said they were Hindu, how is it mocking religions/beliefs not of their own?

Uh, I said they were Hindu, how is it mocking religions/beliefs not of their own?

Maybe that was a little vague, when i said "beliefs not of their own" I was referring to the specific belief that she was a reincarnate, not all hindu beliefs. The sentiment I take issue with what df26 said, that people who believe this have no common sense; who are you, your parents / family / anyone in this thread to judge what is and isn't common sense when it comes to religion?

If thats not what your parents / family are doing, and I fully doubt that they would but I don't really know them, then I don't know why you brought them up to begin with.

Edited by squishyx

Maybe that was a little vague, when i said "beliefs not of their own" I was referring to the specific belief that she was a reincarnate, not all hindu beliefs. The sentiment I take issue with what df26 said, that people who believe this have no common sense; who are you, your parents / family / anyone in this thread to judge what is and isn't common sense when it comes to religion?

If thats not what your parents / family are doing, and I fully doubt that they would but I don't really know them, then I don't know why you brought them up to begin with.

I didn't talk to my family in depth about this but it seems they feel that these people are making a mockery of the religion by making this reincarnation claim.

I agree, it makes just as much sense to believe in ghosts or a god, but at least with aliens there is a logical reasoning for their existence. Of all the planets in the entire universe it is hard to believe ours is the only one with life on it.

I agree, it makes just as much sense to believe in ghosts or a god, but at least with aliens there is a logical reasoning for their existence. Of all the planets in the entire universe it is hard to believe ours is the only one with life on it.

True, but the same could also be said about God. Think about this for a second, we live in galaxy (The Milky Way) which is made up of millions of solar systems - there are thought to be roughly 500 billion galaxies in the universe. A number so large its hard to even comprehend. It isnt to unreasonable to believe that among all those solar systems exist seemingly omnipotent Gods, able to create life such as ours on earth.

And yes I stole that half baked theory from watching the movie Star Gate and episodes of Star Trek in case you're wondering.

True, but the same could also be said about God. Think about this for a second, we live in galaxy (The Milky Way) which is made up of millions of solar systems - there are thought to be roughly 500 billion galaxies in the universe. A number so large its hard to even comprehend. It isnt to unreasonable to believe that among all those solar systems exist seemingly omnipotent Gods, able to create life such as ours on earth.

And yes I stole that half baked theory from watching the movie Star Gate and episodes of Star Trek in case you're wondering.

I know where this is leading... -_-