Offseason Ratings

NYCdevil

1. Andrew Brunette, LW, Minnesota -- A 70-point player with sniper skills, making $2.5 million the next two seasons and $2 million in 2010-11.

Has 1 season above 70 points and averages about 57 points a season but is considered a 70 point player? He is 35 years old, shouldn't this guy be talking about how old he'll be in 2011?

2. Bryce Salvador, D, New Jersey -- At $2.9 million for four years, the Devils get about 10 points and a minus-10 rating per season

Hmmm....he has played for awful St Louis teams and only been over -10 once. I would love to bet this guy on Salvador being better than that.

3. Cory Stillman, LW, Florida -- A 20-goal scorer with a great touch on the power play. He'll make about $3.6 million per season.

So the guy is much less productive than Rolston, also an older player, and he is a great bargain while Rolston's contract is poo-poo'ed?

3. Minnesota -- Gained goal-scoring with Andrew Brunette and Owen Nolan and some offense from the back end, too, with Marc-Andre Bergeron and Marek Zidlicky.

So this team loses Rolston but gains these guys and that is the 3rd best offseason of anyone? The writer doesn't even mention losing Rolston as if that is inconsequential. The defense they picked up give you offense from back end but struggle to give you defense from the back end

Edited by Devils731

If White's vision isn't 100% this turns into a very good signing.

White's vision isn't 100% but that didn't affect him for much of the season.

I'd say it's abotu 2 to 1 that both Salvador and White miss the same game (at some point in the season) because of injury. Salvador is hurt 10 games a season.

I'd also say it's about even money that Salvador is bought out for the final year of his contract.

I'd also say it's about even money that Salvador is bought out for the final year of his contract.

That seems like a good bet to take saying Salvy won't be bought out. He could still be playing well enough to be in the NHL, waived to Lowell, traded, or retire as other options for this final year of the contract.

Isn't that what the Rolston signing is, as well?

No

If White's vision isn't 100% this turns into a very good signing.

I agree with that.

White's vision isn't 100% but that didn't affect him for much of the season.

I'd say it's abotu 2 to 1 that both Salvador and White miss the same game (at some point in the season) because of injury. Salvador is hurt 10 games a season.

I agree with that too