Game 4: New Jersey at Boston

devilsrule33

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

while i'm not trying to cover for elias, look at thornton before tonight. he was invisible as well. would you say he wasn't trying?! elias is not a physically dominating player. his game is playing with the linemates given to him. this is why he's so streaky.

he's still the devils top offensive star with the most ability. boston is corraling him well.

but its not like he has needed to be there, he's been playing defensive. stop being like espn commentators and understand there are two sides of the ice, when the devils are in the lead there is no need to go out of your way for a goal. bitch about it does nothing too, stop insulting him.

sundstrom where is Boston's John Madden, Scott Stevens or Martin Brodeur?

I wouldn't have nearly as much of a problem with Elias not doing anything in the first four games if he hasn't been on and off really for two years now. He'd better start earning that A and new deal or he might be gone as quickly as Arnott after he got the A and new deal.

I know this will never happen, but Id love to see burns call up Rupp or Bicek and scratch #26. This isnt about sending a message, this is about showing up, effort and ultimately production. I have a feeling Elias' absence will snowball into the next major discussion on this board, but the truth is he has been absent most, if not all of the season.

Someone told me the score so i had to drop a line. How many of us predicted a sweep? This is a desperation game for the Bruins. Don't turn your back on the team. Hockey is a game of bounces and momentum. The CAA will be rockin' for game 5. The Bruins are blowing their wad tonight. Let's relax or this will be a long 2 month grind. As for Elias....I am a big Elias fan and have no comment.

It's all about confidence folks, those 3 icing in the first period compared to 1 in second period showed me that they lacked confidence in period 1, then period 2 was a mess for the devils just out played 13 shot to 6. Bruins PP is OK and they are 2 for 3. Devils don't have a PP nor any offense so they can't dig themselves out of this hole. The J line is doing nothing, the rest of the lines can't score, except for the chemistry of Elias and Gomez that is non-existent but will come alive someday. Elias doesn't have the linemates for his style of hockey. Can't keep running back to defense and expect an offense from 3rd and 4th line offensive players.

The Bruins are really picking on Rafalski and all the small guys. Good idea.

The Bruins will ask the NHL boys to look at the tape to see if Stevens speared and if so will want him out in game 5.

They the Devils are having a bad game, I hope they aren't digging a hole for themselves. If this goes to 7 games Boston wins.

That won't happen however, unless Stevens can't play game 5.

What will the 3rd period bring for confidence for the Devils.

It's just one of those games guys. The Bruins came out flying and the Devils have been off balance all night. I wouldn't worry to much, the extra goals the Bruins got tonight won't help them in the next game.

Brodeur has been on fire so far, He bounces back with good games usually.

Bruins are chipping it up now, taking some late shots in the scrum there. Sigh.