Interesting comments by the Stars

devils102

Classy as always.

Annnd according to TG, he's been suspended indefinitely. Lets see how well the Stars do while he's out.

Word is too that Doug Armstrong is still on the phone trying to prolong it....

... or get him to go clubbing with Plaxico :evil:

This was definatly Avery just being Avery, He always tries to piss off the other team before a game, this time he just crossed the line and got more notice than im sure he wanted. because of that, now he gets to sit out.

going by what the stars said, it doesnt seem like avery has a lot of friends on the team. Not only that, they seem genuinly mad at him for just being on the team. Im not sure why a GM would put avery on a team where the other players dont want him. It brings down the chemistry a lot, and i think its evident from the season the stars are having that Avery's antics may be hurting them.

Well imma go a different direction here,yes after seeing what transpired when he played in new york with all the rude gestures,comments and what not i think Avery has made him self look like a total goon with all that he has said or done he made or reportedly in last years playoffs made comments on ice about Marty and his ex wife.But for those who may have saw the videos and comments on tsn imma have to agree with Barnaby here i dont think that was a suspendable act remember a few years back when Mike Grier played in Edmonton i think it was Chris Simon who was a cap called Grier the N word,racial slurs shouldnt be allowed in the game i think that deserves a suspension but all Simon got hit with i think was a fine.And i can understand if you are a Dallas Star and you havent been really winning as of late the team is frustrated but you cant blame that on just one player not a team that has scoring power with Modano,Richards,Lehtinen,Ribeiro,and bonus scoring with erikson.That is not just one players fault i think with the comments i think the Stars are kinda blaming him for all there mishaps this season yes it was classless to call a woman your sloppy seconds i also think its classless from the Stars i think like Mackensie or Barnaby said to just throw Avery under the bus,it would be even more disgusting if he indeed played his last game as a Star they signed him to a contract yes those were lude comments but i think the Stars should honor their contract they have with Avery again those were bad and stupid comments but i think the Stars should defend him a lil more.Just me

Edited by Scott Stevens #4

I thinkm the Stars should defend theere guy just a little,i mean besides this what else has he done that was so bad as a Star?Nothing i believe i think hes been virtually quiet of all antics up until this point.

Most of them never wanted him there in the first place and were vocal AGAINST it as he was being signed :P

Well imma go a different direction here,yes after seeing what transpired when he played in new york with all the rude gestures,comments and what not i think Avery has made him self look like a total goon with all that he has said or done he made or reportedly in last years playoffs made comments on ice about Marty and his ex wife.But for those who may have saw the videos and comments on tsn imma have to agree with Barnaby here i dont think that was a suspendable act remember a few years back when Mike Grier played in Edmonton i think it was Chris Simon who was a cap called Grier the N word,racial slurs shouldnt be allowed in the game i think that deserves a suspension but all Simon got hit with i think was a fine.And i can understand if you are a Dallas Star and you havent been really winning as of late the team is frustrated but you cant blame that on just one player not a team that has scoring power with Modano,Richards,Lehtinen,Ribeiro,and bonus scoring with erikson.That is not just one players fault i think with the comments i think the Stars are kinda blaming him for all there mishaps this season yes it was classless to call a woman your sloppy seconds i also think its classless from the Stars i think like Mackensie or Barnaby said to just throw Avery under the bus,it would be even more disgusting if he indeed played his last game as a Star they signed him to a contract yes those were lude comments but i think the Stars should honor their contract they have with Avery again those were bad and stupid comments but i think the Stars should defend him a lil more.Just me

Some crazy ideas:

Spaces after periods (two is standard)

Less run-on and run-together sentences

One space between words

"imma"?! Yikes.

Doing all of the above will make your posts a lot easier to read...because trying to decipher that mess was as painful as it gets.

Yea,then that should of been a clear message to Hull on not to sign him free agency

When has Brett Hull either:

A. Listened to reason?

B. Been INTELLIGENT??

Yea... thought so :P

I thinkm the Stars should defend theere guy just a little,i mean besides this what else has he done that was so bad as a Star?Nothing i believe i think hes been virtually quiet of all antics up until this point.

I remember reading a Modano quote where he basically said he was embarrassed by Avery and Ott after a game in Boston (the one in which Avery got into it with a fan). So its not like this is his first run-in this year.

Also the team is dead last so frustrations have got to be high. The last thing his teamates want is to be answering questions about Avery's antics going into a big game.

I remember reading a Modano quote where he basically said he was embarrassed by Avery and Ott after a game in Boston (the one in which Avery got into it with a fan). So its not like this is his first run-in this year.

Also the team is dead last so frustrations have got to be high. The last thing his teamates want is to be answering questions about Avery's antics going into a big game.

Yea true, but it's not just one player to be blamed for their position in the standings and the Stars knew exactly what they were getting into signing Avery.Words exchange with fans is really no big deal Avery isnt the only player that has had words with fans,so as far as Modano's comments go i think that is just a cope when you have scoring ability in Modano,Lehtinen,Ribero,Richards,Erikkson theres no excuse really to be in last place

Yea true, but it's not just one player to be blamed for their position in the standings and the Stars knew exactly what they were getting into signing Avery.Words exchange with fans is really no big deal Avery isnt the only player that has had words with fans,so as far as Modano's comments go i think that is just a cope when you have scoring ability in Modano,Lehtinen,Ribero,Richards,Erikkson theres no excuse really to be in last place

have you watched one Stars game this year??

Just asking.....