Arnott Vs. Sykora

Risky

It looks like all is in place for the Arnott vs. Sykora (who'd a thunk it two years ago, eh?) matchup in the next round. Very interesting.

I'm curious about our local Dallas fans - how do you guys feel about having to face Anaheim next? I would not want that... it's like a starving NJ Devils.

It all depends on Giguere. The Stars have handled the Ducks pretty well, so they don't worry me - unless Giguere is still in his zone. The Ducks' D shut down the Wings but I don't think it will shut down the Stars. First of all, the Stars won't take the Ducks lightly, which I think the Wings did. And because of that, they got down mentally and let the Ducks take control. I don't see the Stars doing that. And I think the Stars have too much talent, even with their injuries, for the Ducks to be able to match up. But they'll be confident, and Giguere could make a difference.

Also, FYI, Arnott left last night's game with some kind of injury (when Tippett was asked what part of the body was hurt he said "where do you want it to be? :lol: ). But it's not supposed to be serious.

Well I don't want to get ahead of myself and think about the second round when the first isn't even finished yet. But I am alittle nervous about facing them. Stars at times get very frustrated when they face a great goalie. I think we all hope here that the time off for the ducks is helpful for the stars. I also don't think that the stars won't take them very lightly. They learned already in game one that they can't do that and have to play 3 full periods. Maybe Turco will do better if he sees what Giguere is doing on the other end of the ice.

Anahiem has the hottest goaltending in the playoffs now. You can only go as far as your goaltending lets you go and if Giguere stays hot he will outplay Turco easly. Imagine if Sykora, Kariya and Oates actually got going and averaging a point or two a game, they would be hard to stop.

Hmmm . . . Arnott is out of the lineup tonight. Still no clue what his injury is. And Turgeon did NOT travel with the team so he's still not playing. This should be one crazy game in Edmonton tonight!

But, Morrow being Morrow, he jumped right up - no big deal! :P

Stars win! Stars win! Stars win!

Morrow and Rhobias both were great warriors throughout the games. I think they will keep it up in the next ones. I hope they both don't get serious injuries. Good Job Stars!

zenchic loads her gun and gets ready to go "duck hunting"....Quack..bring em on!

I am thinking there is no way in he** that the Ducks' netminder can play another unbelievable round as the one he just finished!

Maybe that's just me "hoping" instead of "thinking" eh? We shall see!

I say Stars in 6