Devils Legion: Tattoos

OfficialDL

i don't think there's anything wrong with "glorifying" tattooing, and i'm sure there are MANY people who agree with me. let's not go crazy here.

it's art. if it means something to the individual who got the tattoo, then good for them. that's what it's really about.

Actually it may be art, but I can't tell you the number of times where I've had to turn down people for positions with tatoos on arms, on the lower neck, ears, across their chest area (see BOOBS) and such for jobs. It isn't necessarily my choice, but many of the companies I've worked for have guidelines which state: no visible tats anywhere. Either cover them up completely or you gotta' go. I've had great waitstaff, kitchen help, and even a dish washer that have left because they either can't cover them up or won't. I hate doing, but the perception of being accepted in the business world still isn't there.

Actually it may be art, but I can't tell you the number of times where I've had to turn down people for positions with tatoos on arms, on the lower neck, ears, across their chest area (see BOOBS) and such for jobs. It isn't necessarily my choice, but many of the companies I've worked for have guidelines which state: no visible tats anywhere. Either cover them up completely or you gotta' go. I've had great waitstaff, kitchen help, and even a dish washer that have left because they either can't cover them up or won't. I hate doing, but the perception of being accepted in the business world still isn't there.

While that may be true it is no reason for the Devils not to "glorify" tattoos. People can make their own decision on whether they want one or not, the Devils aren't forcing anyone to get a tattoo so that they can add it to their gallery.

Exactly why I got mine on my shoulder blade. It makes it a bit more difficult to show off but it won't effect a job since it's easy to cover up. It's a shame that people won't hire people because of that reason but it happens and I wasn't taking a chance at risking my future.

The Silent Bob one sed Italy! Which is even cooler.

... but I can't tell you the number of times where I've had to turn down people for positions with tatoos on arms, on the lower neck, ears, across their chest area (see BOOBS) and such for jobs. It isn't necessarily my choice, but many of the companies I've worked for have guidelines which state: no visible tats anywhere. ...

This, while true, is such B.S. It is like not hiring someone because of a birthmark. That's how I'd spin it anyway. :koolaid:

I am going to petition the Tesla for a change ...

"Signs, signs, everywhere there's signs!...

The sign says tattooed freaks, need not apply,

So I pulled down my sleeves, covered my ink and went in to ask him why,

Then I showed him my tats and sed imagine that! Huh! Me working for you!"...

And exactly what job are you interviewing for that boob tats are visible and NOT a plus??? and do you need help with interviewing? :whistling:

Story:

Sometime around 1992, me and a friend got blitzed and started playing Ice Hockey for NES with the stipulation that the loser would have to get a tattoo of Craig Billington on his chest, it was a brutal and hardfought four hours, and I did not come up the victor.

So off to the parlor we go, we get there and the place is BURNING DOWN.

Apparently the landlord torched the place for the insurance money and saved me from having quite possibly the worst tattoo in the history of ink and skin.

Story:

Sometime around 1992, me and a friend got blitzed and started playing Ice Hockey for NES with the stipulation that the loser would have to get a tattoo of Craig Billington on his chest, it was a brutal and hardfought four hours, and I did not come up the victor.

So off to the parlor we go, we get there and the place is BURNING DOWN.

Apparently the landlord torched the place for the insurance money and saved me from having quite possibly the worst tattoo in the history of ink and skin.

What the hell, haha. Be thankful for that then!

Do tell....

well...

when we started turning 18 we all had to go get tattoos.

I had some friends that were a year or 2 older and a few of them were already on their way to being side show freaks.

The place to go was "the ink spot" on Morris Ave in Elizabeth...

anyhow i wound up getting a demonic skeleton in flames and what not on my upper arm, fully intending to eventually be covered in tattoos...lol!

I thought the damn thing was really awesome for a few weeks and then i was like oh sh!t...lol!