Line combinations

Devs4LIFE

So we don't know how many games Elias will miss but when he comes back what will the lines be? If the Pando-Madden-Shanny line plays the way the way they have been then I think they need to stay together. That means someone will be the odd man out, but who will it be? :noclue: I'd have to say Holik since he hasn't been exactly helping the team lately, it could be Rupp though. Regardless someone is going to have to come out and the lines are going to be different, here's what I think they'll be.

Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner

Elias-Zubrus-Gionta

Pando-Madden-Shanny

Roloston-Rupp-Clarkson

If the Pando-Madden-Shanny line continues to play well, I agree with these line combos, though I doubt any of us would have thought there would be a remote possibility of Rolston being on the 4th line last July.

I feel like Patty is really being screwed over (even though he is still having a productive season) by being on the line with Zubrus and Gionta.I hope Lou can find someone to replace Gionta next year. He has been useless this year.

Edited by Biggie B

I'd really like to give Rolston the benifit of the doubt.. I mean he's still ripping them on net, getting a few bad bounces and a bunch of unlucky breaks... but I'd still hate to see 5m wasting away winging the 4th line. Seriously, other than the 1st line, I don't see any of those lines as even a plausible difference. I'd like to see

Parise Zajac Langs

Elias Rolston Gionta

Pando Madden Shanny (if last night wasn't a fluke, and all)

Zubrus Holik Clarkson

Extra: Rupp

and without any real discrepency between 3/4, it could work out.

Rolston has been a line killer all year long because his lack of forechecking prowess. I just want to see Elias without having to lug around Zubrus, Gionta, and Rolston (at times). Neither Gionta or Zubrus have really justified why they should continue to play with Elias.

I'd really like to give Rolston the benifit of the doubt.. I mean he's still ripping them on net, getting a few bad bounces and a bunch of unlucky breaks... but I'd still hate to see 5m wasting away winging the 4th line. Seriously, other than the 1st line, I don't see any of those lines as even a plausible difference. I'd like to see

Parise Zajac Langs

Elias Rolston Gionta

Pando Madden Shanny (if last night wasn't a fluke, and all)

Zubrus Holik Clarkson

Extra: Rupp

and without any real discrepency between 3/4, it could work out.

Rolston didn't really work with Elias and Gio, so unless they break up ZZ Pops and put those two with Zajac, Zubrus is gonna remain their center, imo.

A little outside the box:

Parise Zajac Langs

Elias Madden Shanny

Pando Zubrus Gionta

Rolston Holik Clarkson

Shanny might not be able to handle the minutes but what the hell take a chance.

Shanny cannot play on the second line- no way. He can barely handle 3rd line minutes. I hope Sutter keeps the Pando-Madden-Shanny line together for as long as they continue to play well together. Rupp would undoubtedly be the odd man out in this situation.

Parise-Zajac-Langs

Elias-Zubrus-Gionta

Pando-Madden-Shanny

Rolston-Holik-Clarkson

Shanny cannot play on the second line- no way. He can barely handle 3rd line minutes. I hope Sutter keeps the Pando-Madden-Shanny line together for as long as they continue to play well together. Rupp would undoubtedly be the odd man out in this situation.

Parise-Zajac-Langs

Elias-Zubrus-Gionta

Pando-Madden-Shanny

Rolston-Holik-Clarkson

I'm not sure Rupp would in fact be the odd man out, Holik's stupid penalties can be costly in the playoff and that has to be taken into consideration.

I'm not sure Rupp would in fact be the odd man out, Holik's stupid penalties can be costly in the playoff and that has to be taken into consideration.

That isn't lost on me, but Holik brings more to the table from an intagibles standpoint than Rupp. In the playoffs, Rupp would sit.

That isn't lost on me, but Holik brings more to the table from an intagibles standpoint than Rupp. In the playoffs, Rupp would sit.

And honestly, if Holik hasn't been scratched by now, I don't see why he would be in the future. Unless of course he did something so over the top, but I don't see him going in that direction.

And honestly, if Holik hasn't been scratched by now, I don't see why he would be in the future. Unless of course he did something so over the top, but I don't see him going in that direction.

Pando wasn't playing this well earlier. At the time, he had played his way out, and Rupp and Holik (especially Rupp) had played their way in. Now, Pando has played his way back in and somebody has to sit. I would sit Holik. At this point, Holik's more of a goon than Rupp. While Rupp actually drops the gloves, his offensive game has gotten better. Holik's dumb penalties counter his (good) intangibles.

That said, I think Rupp sits. I just wish it was Holik.

Edited by mouse