Official 2009 New York Mets Offseason Thread

Prucenterrules

didn't see today's game, so i cant really comment.. it was nice to hear evans had a big 2-out 2-rbi double.. supposedly santana didn't have his good stuff but managed to fight through 7 good innings. i caught the last 3 or so innings on the radio; how the hell did church not find a way to get on base w/ bases loaded and ahead in the count 3-0?!!

and then k-rod blows away 2 hitters to start the 9th - yay, looking very nice.. walks pujols - eh its ok im sure that was a pitch around .. walks ludwick - WTF FRANKIE?!! .. "Yadier Molina LINE DRIVE..." - you gotta be kidding me... "caught by Reed in LF, put it in the books!" - phewwwww

:P

wow I know K-Rod got the save, but that was HORRIBLE call in the 9th when K-Rod picked off Pujols.... clearly he was out.. this is the first time Im seeing it (encore of the game just ended on SNY now).. it wasn't even close either, he was wayyyyyyyyyy off the bag, the 3B ump should've over-ruled the 2B ump since he had better angle (Wright's reaction was priceless btw)

but man.. talk about umpiring sucking this year...

Edited by nmigliore

.5 game out of first with some pretty bad injury luck so far this year. If I listed all the injuries the Mets had so far this year and said they'd be .5 games out of first I think everyone would take that with a smile.

Pretty bad is an understatement, to say the least.

As for taking a 1/2 game out of first with all that's gone wrong...it's impossible not to. It has more to do with the Phillies not playing well more than anything the Mets are doing, but the Mets deserve a lot of credit for finding a way to take 3 out of 4 from a superior Cardinal squad. With the lineup the Mets are fielding right now, every series win is a bonus.

Since the schedule turned brtual, starting with the Philles on June, the Mets are 7-9. Not pretty, but far from disastrous. If they take two out of three from the Yankees it'll be hard not to be thrilled.

Bad news.... I think? :

John Maine is being shut down indefinitely with shoulder discomfort. He has been scratched from Saturday's rehab start for Brooklyn. Maine believes it's a pinched nerve that merely requires rest.

UPDATE: Maine had a cortisone shot Thursday. He hopes to return after the All-Star break.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/mets/2009...h-shoulder.html

lineup:

Castillo, 2b

Cora, ss

Wright, 3b

Sheffield, lf

Tatis, rf

Church, cf

Evans, 1b

Santos, c

Pelfrey, rhp

Edited by nmigliore

i think i saw something worse than the mets errors tonight : Sean Avery wearing a Mets fleece.

revolting :puke:

sheffield deposits one to left but I just can't get over the Wright shot. He DEMOLISHED that pitch earlier and not only did it not go out...it didn't even reach the warning tack.

revolting :puke:

sheffield deposits one to left but I just can't get over the Wright shot. He DEMOLISHED that pitch earlier and not only did it not go out...it didn't even reach the warning tack.

damnit, RIGHT when i turn on the draft he hits it and i miss it.. ah well, i saw the replay -- major hanging slider from CC.. thats probably the last slider he tries to throw it for a strike.

lol and then he throws 1 first pitch to Church

Edited by nmigliore

can the mets ever .. EVER .. get any breaks? the ball hits santos' foot on the strikeout and bounces away and the runners cant advance b/c of that.. unbelievable.

well the mets leave men on base.. not good.. im not thrilled they got a run b/c now the bullpen needs to pitch 4 spotless innings, and they definitely wont do that.

Edited by nmigliore

you know you're screwed when Argenis Reyes is coming off the bench to hit. Might as well PH Alberto Castillo or Rey Ordonez

sad

my question: why not murphy?

i dont care if its a lefty on lefty thing, murphy > reyes, regardless of whose pitching.

Edited by nmigliore

my question: why not murphy?

i dont care if its a lefty on lefty thing, murphy > reyes, regardless of whose pitching.

absolutely...and at least murphy has some patience and could work out a walk. Reyes was finished before the AB began

5-0 Jays, 4-0 Sox. So if this holds up we lose no ground again.

Edited by '7'

absolutely...and at least murphy has some patience and could work out a walk. Reyes was finished before the AB began

5-0 Jays, 4-0 Sox. So if this holds up we lose no ground again.

marlins are a muchhhhhhhhhhhhh bigger threat than Atlanta though. They are tied 3-3 with TB in the 7th.

more stupid defense from the mets... does it EVER end? whatever, they weren't winning anyway.. the rays better win, or else the marlins take over 1st place (well, a tie, but rightfully 1st place since philly is sucking dick right now)

its really just bad that this team cant move past philly with the way they are playing... it really is.. theres no chance philly is going to keep losing like this.. they are going to eventually add a front-end starter, and their other starters should start coming along more..

Edited by nmigliore