The Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster

thelastonealive

Guys, I hate to be a party pooper, but for those who've been nominating unknown poster, he's not eligible. He registered just before the cutoff. Sorry. :(

Now we get technical.

CMONHOBEY

Cupcake23

CMONHOBEY

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now we get technical.

CMONHOBEY

Cupcake23

CMONHOBEY

You nominated CMONHOBEY twice? I hope this isn't about the Langs jersey man :P

CMONHOBEY

Last time I ever sell you my tickets to a game :rant:

I kid, I kid :D

Edited by Colin226

Ah I was going to nominate him too. I think he's kind of getting shafted though, I mean how much could he have possibly done in one month to be eligible for the award last year compared to someone who joined last September? I suggest in the future, make the cutoff earlier. So like eligible people will have joined in March 2009 up to March 2010, and then people who join between March 2010 and the start of the board awards will be ineligible for next year, but eligible for the 2011 Hobey Baker Award.

Anyway, I nominate...

cupcake23

Cachorro Louco

CMONHOBEY

Clown?? :P

Like as obvious as the fact that I was driving back home from Ohio and I don't sign on NJDevs on the blackberry?

Was not I, though good stuff!! :thumbsup:

and since it seems my nominations seem be so relevant here:

Colin (he brings hockey people, that's award worthy!)

CMON HOBEY.... I am honor-bound to respect the CMON!

and Official DL dude... the man brings the propaganda like a champ, hell he almost lessens my mb30 anrgy :P

dare I need another road trip to dodge bullets here???

Now we get technical.

CMONHOBEY

Cupcake23

CMONHOBEY

CMONHOBEY

GOOD MEN!!! :thumbsup:B )

And no, CRASHER, I'm not LOTCB. You would know ;)

Ah I was going to nominate him too. I think he's kind of getting shafted though, I mean how much could he have possibly done in one month to be eligible for the award last year compared to someone who joined last September? I suggest in the future, make the cutoff earlier. So like eligible people will have joined in March 2009 up to March 2010, and then people who join between March 2010 and the start of the board awards will be ineligible for next year, but eligible for the 2011 Hobey Baker Award.

You've got a point, and we probably should implement that for next year. I've never liked how the eligibility requirements for this award usually knock out one or two deserving people every time.

I'm nominating SPJ20 'cause I think he's getting jobbed. Like Stevie Sullivan was.

Extrapolating over a full season, Stevie could have had 20 goals, 35 assists for 55 points.... which coulda beat Bryan Berard.

GOOD MEN!!! :thumbsup:B )

And no, CRASHER, I'm not LOTCB. You would know ;)

Hey them rulleezzzz is demn rulllleeeeeeezzzzzz

How about a hint then?? :P

I'm nominating SPJ20 'cause I think he's getting jobbed. Like Stevie Sullivan was.

Extrapolating over a full season, Stevie could have had 20 goals, 35 assists for 55 points.... which coulda beat Bryan Berard.

Speaking of ol' Steve, he's a free agent this offseason...

Speaking of ol' Steve, he's a free agent this offseason...

yeah no kidding.... are you trying to get MORE reunion threads on here :P

You want a hint? I am not one of the west coasters.

you already eliminated the only left coaster I would have guessed :P

have you won the award before??? :lol:

you already eliminated the only left coaster I would have guessed :P

have you won the award before??? :lol:

No. But I was nominated for it by a couple of people when I was eligible, though I didn't make it to the final round.

And I may or may not be the person who posted right before me.

Can we have a "Senior Poster under a new name" award and a Hobey Baker award? Crasher and his little buttbuddies can still have their fun, while we have an actual award. I love how Rowdy says that unknown poster isn't elligble because he's a few weeks past the deadline, even though last years winner was 6 years over the deadline. Go figure.

But in all fairness, nobody knew it at the time, whereas CMONHOBEY is clearly just a joke among friends not really trying to win the damn award.

Alright, MBIII caught me, its RSC behind this. I didn't mean for this thing to actually get nominations :lol: So if you nominated CMONHOBEY just edit your post and put in someone who actually deserves the award. And lastone, just ignore and CMONHOBEY nominations that remain.

Let it be known that on June 22, 2009, CMONHOBEY retired from NJDEVS forever.

Edited by CMONHOBEY

Alright, MBIII caught me, its RSC behind this. I didn't mean for this thing to actually get nominations :lol: So if you nominated CMONHOBEY just edit your post and put in someone who actually deserves the award. And lastone, just ignore and CMONHOBEY nominations that remain.

I'm a good person :thumbsup::lol:

Can we have a "Senior Poster under a new name" award and a Hobey Baker award? Crasher and his little buttbuddies can still have their fun, while we have an actual award. I love how Rowdy says that unknown poster isn't elligble because he's a few weeks past the deadline, even though last years winner was 6 years over the deadline. Go figure.

Wow, little man... big grudge :P

See why I love these awards (and hope they last till the football draft??)

It's my summer drama fix :wub:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's all about the CMONNNNN!!!! :P

But he'll be running for the Mario Lemieux/Michael Jordan/Brett Favre Award next year for Best Poster to Come Back from Retirement :lol:

Edited by Colin226

I'm changing my nominations to reflect these new developments:

cupcake23

SPJ

Chorske17

I agree that SPJ should be allowed in. HE's still a newbie and he actually contributes. I also offer that his contributions offer more than many new posters ("+1" or "I agree with what he said") - many of whom have garnished nominations here. His contribution has greatly increased the knowledge in the "GAME WORN" section of this site. We know have a considerable resource for people getting into the hobby their from people like him and Chorske17.