NJ Devs Draft Madness!

CRASHER

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

listen, this year I'm taking the stance of building my RB corp with solid guys backed with a lot of potential..I'm tired of looking from the outside in come playoff time...

this years draft is wayyyy different now that we are doing the keeper thing....

lets see, lets see....

Smirking Revenge selects....James Davis, CLE RB

might be early for a pick like that but I've got no 14th and a plan for the 13th...

plus with you guys who can predict who goes next....

I was gonna take him good pick

In honor of the Scarlet Knights quest starter today

post-909-125234119845_thumb.jpg

Kenny Britt Tenn

Again, Im bored....

Reflecting the flow of the draft, date / # of picks

Thu 8/20 - 1

Fri 8/21 -- 2

Sat 8/22 -- 2

Sun 8/23 0

Mon 8/24 ------ 6

Tue 8/25 ---------- 10

Wed 8/26 ------- 7

Thu 8/27 --------------- 15

Fri 8/28 --------------14

Sat 8/29 ---- 4

Sun 8/30 --------- 9

Mon 8/31 --------------- 15

Tue 9/1 ----------- 11

Wed 9/2 -- 2

Thu 9/3 -------------- 14

Fri 9/4 ------------ 12

Sat 9/5 ----- 5

Sun 9/6 -------- 8

Mon 9/7 ---- 4

flow.jpg

..................Avg Pick|Total Time

Round 01| 0:08:38 | 4:07:39

Round 02| 0:02:18 | 1:03:38

Round 03| 0:02:52 | 1:10:24

Round 04| 0:01:22 | 0:16:28

Round 05| 0:02:37 | 1:07:30

Round 06| 0:03:04 | 1:12:55

Round 07| 0:01:09 | 0:13:56

Round 08| 0:01:58 | 0:23:39

Round 09| 0:03:31 | 1:18:16

Round 10| 0:01:56 | 0:23:16

Round 11| 0:03:47 | 1:21:35

Round 12| 0:02:26 | 0:21:57

time.jpg

Even if we make the deadline 8PM Thursday (kickoff is 8:30)... and do not pause the clock, it allocates less than 2 hours per pick. I think we can get the draft done, but not at the current pace... we need to start leaving auto picks or be more diligent in checking the board as we get closer to kick off.

Edited by aylbert
Added some pics for emphasis :)

Even if we make the deadline 8PM Thursday (kickoff is 8:30)... and do not pause the clock, it allocates less than 2 hours per pick. I think we can get the draft done, but not at the current pace... we need to start leaving auto picks or be more diligent in checking the board as we get closer to kick off.

I blame you for jinxing the darn thing...immediately after you said we could start the draft sooner next year at the current pace we cratered with two picks that day :lol:

btw how do you figure those clocks in your prior post...there's no way three teams only were on the clock for 20 minutes in the entire draft.

EDIT: Nevermind, guess those were hours, and the 1:00 is equivalent to 24 hours.

Edited by Hasan4978

We'll get it done... relax!!!!!!!!

my clock time is almost unfair since I call clown and we do all 4 picks at once usually

True... you could average it with clown and take it... but I'm just showing the numeric representation assigned to each pick... which benefits those who have 2 picks in a row, etc.

Hey aylbert.. next time you're bored, PM me. I've got some AP Calculus homework to keep you busy!! :)

I really don't think you want to see my excel sheet for this :P

But playing with numbers and modeling them are both professional and hobby interests of mine... lol

Well time to take a risk (and I like his matchups when my other receivers have byes):

Earl Bennett, WR, CHI

I dislike all of the two TE picking people. Being the last person without a TE...I never imagined anyone taking more than one...

Well you do have to start another one during a bye week, usually people pick a backup TE or DEF because of that (though almost never both). Even last year before the flex there were a few backups drafted, that's why I knew I couldn't leave my TE pick much longer with the value left.

I dislike all of the two TE picking people. Being the last person without a TE...I never imagined anyone taking more than one...

I guess that leaves me with TE Kevin Boss.

That was a bad assumption considering we voted the TE into the flex... but as Hasan said, we usually get 1-2 teams a year taking 2 tight ends. Waiting until round 13 to pick a TE was very risky... but looking at you draft board you were in a rough spot.

There was a run on TE with 4 TE's coming off the board from 68 to your spot at 78... Perhaps instead of Kevin Walters (WR4) you should of went Carlson (taken at 82) or Shockey. Trading out of Rounds 8-10 only had you miss out on Shockey, Winslow and Keller.

But you defintely should of squared away your TE at 122... that was just playing with fire. Anything from really round 8/9 onwards are handcuff/depth and bye week replacements, so you ran the risk of a backup TE being taken - throw in the fact he could be a flex option, the risk is higher.

I know its hindsight, but the opportunity and threat were definitely there.

That was a bad assumption considering we voted the TE into the flex... but as Hasan said, we usually get 1-2 teams a year taking 2 tight ends. Waiting until round 13 to pick a TE was very risky... but looking at you draft board you were in a rough spot.

There was a run on TE with 4 TE's coming off the board from 68 to your spot at 78... Perhaps instead of Kevin Walters (WR4) you should of went Carlson (taken at 82) or Shockey. Trading out of Rounds 8-10 only had you miss out on Shockey, Winslow and Keller.

But you defintely should of squared away your TE at 122... that was just playing with fire. Anything from really round 8/9 onwards are handcuff/depth and bye week replacements, so you ran the risk of a backup TE being taken - throw in the fact he could be a flex option, the risk is higher.

I know its hindsight, but the opportunity and threat were definitely there.

I'm not going to argue with any of that...I just didn't think the TE thing was going to be a factor. I haven't seen more than one TE been drafted by any team in any mocks or other leagues I am in.

I wasn't going to touch Shockey at all. I was upset with the amount of TEs went from 68-78, but thought I had the opportunity to get a good receiver while everyone was busy taking TEs. I wasn't going to reach on some other TEs because of it, but I didn't see people grabbing second TEs. I know there is the flex, but I still see better receivers all over the board than a 12-14th ranked TE who might get 45-50 catches.

I'm not going to argue with any of that...I just didn't think the TE thing was going to be a factor. I haven't seen more than one TE been drafted by any team in any mocks or other leagues I am in.

I wasn't going to touch Shockey at all. I was upset with the amount of TEs went from 68-78, but thought I had the opportunity to get a good receiver while everyone was busy taking TEs. I wasn't going to reach on some other TEs because of it, but I didn't see people grabbing second TEs. I know there is the flex, but I still see better receivers all over the board than a 12-14th ranked TE who might get 45-50 catches.

This league is strange and doesn't follow the flow of any other draft. Part of the reason why I like it so much. (Plus, we usually get through the first 7 or 8 rounds or so before I go to other drafts - forcing me to do my research)

That said, I can't really blame you picking Walters where you did (like I said before, you were in a rough spot). At that point, it looks you were planning on

Williams/Thomas at RB with Ward on flex...

Owens (toe) and Edwards at WR... with Marshall on pre-season suspension... you needed some assurance at WR... over a roster spot for your TE.

I just don't think picking the Jets D over a starting TE was the best idea.

Edited by aylbert

This league is strange and doesn't follow the flow of any other draft. Part of the reason why I like it so much.

I became convinced of that last year when backup QB's were going in rounds 5 and 7...this can be wild and unpredictable especially with all the trades this year :lol:

I mean last year people were picking D's insanely early, this year most have been more patient, shoot the only one I would have bothered to grab before this part of the draft I did.

Edited by Hasan4978

Great Odin's Beard! It's bloody "Fantasy Football". How anyone could be "upset" where people are taking position players is a bit much.

The whole thing is subjective and basically "guesswork" and combined with wishful thinking.

I don't think anyone is upset. Upset isn't close to what I am feeling. I'm mostly joking around about everything.

I will agree that this league is friggen strange. I mean when did the first kicker go in this years draft? I made the mistake of drafting like the "experts" do when that isn't the case really. I honestly can't remember anything from past draft except the Leon Washington pick.