Unconfirmed: Heatley To Sharks

westcoastdevfan

This sounds more reasonable than the NJ/OTT/SJ deal and Lou has stated he will wait til the end of camp to evaluate the team and if to make moves before the season starts, so he might not be satisfied with his current roster especially if Elias is not available for opening night. So for now our depth at center is likely Zajac, Zubrus, Pelley and Walter if Elias is not there. I do think that Lou will make a move if the team struggles early, but definitely before the trade deadline. But again I said this I will wait til TSN or RDS have the story before trusting the deal.

I couldn't find Bucci's twitter, so I am not buying this. I don't think Heatley will be traded and Murray said nothing is close and is status quo on Heatley. Unless there is an offer he can't refuse, Heatley will be Senator. But like I said unless a TSN or RDS article confirms it I am not buying the tweet. I just read on ESPN the deal is false as Murray and Wilson deny the trade. But it involved LA, not NJ.

Edited by USC09

I'll wait til TSN or RDS have it, I bet TSN and RDS are busy with the Coyotes news still, so it might take some time to get it up, but there is the issue that both Murray and Wilson deny the deal which leads me to believe that they might have agreed on the framework of the deal and are waiting for Dany Heatley's ok or there is no deal. I bet Darren Dreger should get on top of this pretty soon when he gets all the Coyotes details in order from today's hearing.

I didn't believe the deal from the start, just another soap opera, I think he'll get traded some day, but I give Bryan Murray a lot of credit for his handling if this situation. While I know his best bet is to trade him, he is still risking distraction from inside the locker room to the media and the fans. I applaud him for his stance and his charisma of not trading Heatley for the sake of dealing him at his request, but that the deal has to be right for him and the team going forward. He is thinking like Lou, who won't fill the center void just for the sake of filling it. It has to be a guy who fill in within our team chemistry, which is why I say that Lou is not going to rush a trade, but see the team be a work in progress for the early part of this season and then wait to make a deal in order to have a shot at advancing past round 1, which this team absolutely has to do. I will post my new predictions including playoffs. Sorry to divert from Heatley.