Rob Niedermayer joins NJ Devils

Colin226

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2009/09/rob_niedermayer_joins_nj_devil.html

NJ.com is reporting...

Newly-signed center Rob Niedermayer joined the Devils Monday morning and took part in their practice wearing No. 21 while centering a line with Niclas Bergfors and Brendan Shanahan.

Niedermayer was signed on Friday to a one-year, $1 million contract. Past players who wore No. 21 were Barry Tallackson, Brad Lukowich, Pascal Rheaume, Randy Mckay, Kevin Todd, George McPhee, Bob Hoffmeyer and Murray Brumwell, among others.

When Niedermayer eventually makes his Devils debut, he and older brother Scott will become the fourth set of brothers to play for the team, joining Aaron and Neal Broten, Claude and Jocelyn Lemieux, Patrik and Peter Sundstrom.

Good to hear he is here and practicing. For all those people complaining about how this was a bad signing is wrong. Nieds is a solid player, maybe not a Sundin or Forsberg, but he come fairly cheap and is better then Sestito or Moore. For all we know this may be a step to get Scotty back. :D

Good to hear he is here and practicing. For all those people complaining about how this was a bad signing is wrong. Nieds is a solid player, maybe not a Sundin or Forsberg, but he come fairly cheap and is better then Sestito or Moore. For all we know this may be a step to get Scotty back. :D

Pando is back to!

Yeah I don't think this kid will ever get a chance to prove he can be a 2nd line scoring winger.

I know its not ideal, but he has got to start somewhere, and at least if he was on the thrid line with Nieds and Shannahan he would pretty much be the focus in terms of scoring and creativity.

Bergfors-Nieds-Shanny.

Oh, Niclas. I'm so, so sorry.

Switch Bergy to the other side , hes not a left wing, although i doubt the line setup that was the point of your post :P