Time Once Again For The Rant.

olp

I didn't have much to rant about, that is until I decided to check out the Mighty Ducks message boards. That got me going.

I'll start off with the incident involving Madden. First off, how does Ozolinsh get away with not getting 2? Madden gets cut in the pile and has a nasty gash - guess so he looks more like his buddy Pando with the scars. Ah, so how do these "classy" Ducks fans react? Anywhere from "About time he got cut, he deserves it" to wishing one on Friesen's "ugly mug" to wishing Madden "was rendered (ok, I threw that word in because these people have a horrendous vocabulary) blind and had a career ending injury" to the mother of them all: actually have a prayer for certain Devils players to have career ending injuries. Excuse me, but who doesn't have class? These people actually have the audacity to question NJs fans "class" when they are wishing for career ending injuries, yelling personal goodies to Brodeur and putting down the oppositions state, fans and residents on the jumbotron? They want a stereotype? Ok, all people from Socal are nutjobs or sickos - how's that? I have to believe that most posters are about 15 years old - they have to be. For people who keep throwing around the "class" word ad nauseum, I think they need to lead others by example if it's that important to them.

I don't want to hear "Oh, baby" ever again in my life.

Funny how when the Devils win it's because the Ducks beat themselves, but when the Ducks win it's because they're amazing and Jiggy was out of his mind. Speaking of Jiggy - where was his post game interview? Where was his accountability? Funny how he can singlehandedly win a game, but it's the team who lost it for him. What - they didn't clear away all those big, fat, juicy rebounds fast enough this time? He's been leaving major rebounds all series - sometimes the defense gets to them, sometimes they don't. Why doesn't he either a. learn how to control them or b. learn how to direct them?

Now Clement (who appears to be a huge Ducks fan - ya think?) says that the Devils "Don't want to win big in a game, because it might affect you in the next game". I never want to meet this guy in fear that I might strangle him and be forced to do time.

Funny how ABC mentions Friesen's "smirk" (maybe he just had gas, or maybe Stumpy is just a little too sensitve) to incite a Ducks bench, but fail to mention Mr. Eisner's words to incite a Devils bench.

Hope Eisner enjoyed the "dead" fans here. Thanks for the wakeup call Mr. Eisner - it was much appreciated. I can just picture him leaving early - crying in his Ducks towel while being rushed out the door by his entourage of henchmen. Here's my prayer for the Ducks fans: I pray Mr. Eisner's "guarantee" does come true for game 6.

And I'll say it again: IF the Devils win the cup tonight, I want to see Stevens skate around with it and say "I'm going to Disneyland". I wish he would too. I would love to see Stevens and the cup on those Dumbo rides with a big sh!t eating grin on his face. :D

Madden got cut by a skate accidentally. Ozolinsh was perhaps indirectly responsible since he knocked Madden down - you can't fault the refs on that one.

Most of the Ducks fans on LGD are morons (MOST, not all). For them, this series with NJ is not even about NJ; it's about Anaheim surpassing the Kings as the most accomplished franchise in California. When Anaheim loses, most of their anger is not directed at the Devils fans ... it's directed at the Kings fans who are trying their best to drive the Ducks fans crazy.

lemon, the refs can be faulted and I will fault them....the officiating has been brutal the whole series....I am all for let players play, but the Ducks have been getting away with some crap @ stoppages and behind the play. If we were doing that much, there'd be a Devil stationed @ the penalty box for the duration.

I realize Madden was cut by a skate blade. However, Ozolinsh's stick was up and he clearly xchecked Madden in the face. A lot has been let go - but any stick to the face should be called.

It made me mad though that the annoucers were screaming it was a bad call and all when they saw madden's face. But when they found out it was a skate they were saying oh then it was a good call. Madden got sticked in the face. It should only matter if he got hurt or not if it will be 2 or 4 minute powerplay. Just because a guy didn't get hurt doesn't make it ok.

that game is over. It's time to think about the now. The Devils will carry that fire into this game. An early goal is huge to quiet the crowd. That crowd is very finicky. With one goal, you will hear the bandwagon tip over as they all jump off!

The Anaheim fans who wished injury on our players definitely sound young and/or ignorant. They have no respect for the players in this league. When you hate a player that much, it means you would love to have him on your team.

They didn't have a problem with Friesen or Tverdovsky until they collected more points in 2 games than Sykora did all playoffs. Do they have any problems with McKeznie since he was once a Duck? Oh that's right, they don't even know he was on their team at one time!

In my opinion, some Anaheim fans, Eisner included, are getting too greedy. They have never made it this far. As much as they would like to believe in hunger & heart, there is a team out there with a million times more the amount of class, determination, loyalty, brilliance & desire - that team is the New Jersey Devils! :evil:

IF the devils were to win it there tonight. I am scared that the fans will boo. You know the ducks fans and booing, it's about all they can do.

Nope, when all is said & done the only fans that stay behind are there to first cheer their team & then to salute the other team's effort as well.

It won't be like Ottawa, where we saw Canadian fans throwing stuff on the ice in the final minutes. That was terrible.