Conn Smythe Thread

NJDF

Giguere was the best player in the playoffs, period. He deserved the award more than any other player, its as simple as that.

And that was just awful for the fans to boo the poor guy. He was almost in tears, and the fans boo him when he recieves what he deserves. Terrible.

And its not like Bettman chose the winner (tho I do agree the guys an idiot)

Then we disagree.

Marty broke the record for shutout in the playoffs, tied the record for shutouts in the finals and deserved teh Connie Smythe.the fans have every right to Boo.

Check there stats and stop listenening to the hype being spouted by ABC/EPN.

JD gave Gigure the Connie in the first period...fishy.

I understand that the Connie is for the entire playoffs but when a goalie becomes the third player ever to get 3 shutouts in teh finals he deserved credit...and the Smythe.

gobolt7 and Tie domi....give me a break!!!

What do you expect....Marty NEVER gets respect...Marty and Jiggy go into the finals with almost identical stats. Marty wins 4-3...gets 3 shut outs and breaks the playoff shutout record with 7.

Jiggy had an amazing first 3 series but was an AVERAGE goalie in the finals.

Our fans have every right to be upset and show their emotion.

Walk in our shoes and you'd understand.

GO DEVILS!!!

I have no problem with him getting it. I'd want one of my guys getting it, but the problem is who?

This team is a TEAM. Just through and through.

So Madden deserves it for all he's done... and Niedermayer has been astonishing... and Marty had all those shutouts... and Jamie and Jeff had all those goals.

How do you pick one? You can't. That puts it firmly in Giggy's net -- like the rest of the pucks.

I don't care about crybaby giguere, it's sort of an unwritten rule the past 16 years that the winning team has the conn smythe trophy winner. Giguere wasn't the OVERWHELMING favorite anymore, especially with the play of Marty & Niedermayer.

I would've given it to Scott Niedermayer.

it's all downhill for Giguere now.

quite honestly since the sports writers vote on it, the fact that NJ plays so well as a team hurt the chances for any of our boys gettng the Conne. We have all said that Marty, Jamie, Jeff, and Madden as well as Nieds deserves it. So, what if they all got one vote, and Giggy got 2. Im sure thats what happened.

and Im just as sure that Marty and co. are much much happier with the CUP!!

gobolt7 and Tie domi....give me a break!!!

What do you expect....Marty NEVER gets respect...Marty and Jiggy go into the finals with almost identical stats. Marty wins 4-3...gets 3 shut outs and breaks the playoff shutout record with 7.

Jiggy had an amazing first 3 series but was an AVERAGE goalie in the finals.

Our fans have every right to be upset and show their emotion.

Walk in our shoes and you'd understand.

GO DEVILS!!!

identical stats? look again buddy.

Broduer may have had a lot of shutouts, but, to be redundant, that was half a team effort, and giguere carried every single player on that sucks team straight to game 7 of the finals. Brodeur was shaky to average in a number of games.

I would have given it to Madden...

he shut down Boston,

he shut down Tampa,

He shut down Ottawa,

He shut down Anaheim,

He also scored a bunch too...

He's the playoff mvp in my book...

Brodeur was shakey in the playoffs...

This was his most difficult shutout, the first 2 were easier... but nevertheless, that stat is just f'n amazing...

Id rank it

1) Madden

2) Brodeur

3) Giguire

if Anaheim wins... move Giguire to #1...

Im a firm believe in the Smyth going to the winning team.