N.F.L. Wild Card Round

CRASHER

Deservedly so, this is the best Cowboy TEAM since Jimmy Johnson was the coach. I think they are going to crush the Vikings on Sunday.

Your lips to the football God's ears :pray:

The opportunity to end that ungrateful douchebag's career could be almost as sweet as winning a Super Bowl (which also seems in the realm of possibility now)

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CR: I have been an admirer of the Pats for the last decade, but even with all the Preparation Ray Lewis makes to get our D ready, there was no fight on the Defensive side of the ball for NE. I saw Kevin Faulk try to rally the offensive, but the team is toothless without Bruschi, Vrable, and Harrison and even Seymour.

No leadership and that to me was the difference in this game. We got an early start but the Pat's of old would have battled back.

I loved Ray Lewis's "NO FREE ACCESS" policy towards the NE receivers and particularly Moss. We knocked him around so much on the line of scrimmage that he refused to actually play in the game. Moss tenure on the Pat's looks like an experiment gone awry.

Agree on lack of leadership, esepcially on the D. Former Patriot Ted Johnson was on NESN Sportsdesk (I get that channel because I have DirecTV), and he was so stunned by the lack of heart on the part of the Pats' D that he seemed personally offended by it. Yeah, true-blue "heart" guys are difficult to replace.

I can't say that the Moss "experiment" was a complete failure because he was one freak Tyree catch and one defensive stop away from winning a SB (where he caught the ball that put them ahead), and he was a big-time player in '07. But there's no way he should be back on the team next year, based on what I've seen these past two seasons. He doesn't battle nearly enough anymore. He can be shut down by elite corners. Like you noted, he gets knocked around a little and he gives right up. It's not even the fact that he won't come up with a lot of catches...he stops blocking, he'll give up on routes prematurely, etc...Johnson noticed that and ripped him rightly. Since the Pats had to give up only a 4th-round pick for him (which says plenty), although I had serious reservations, I understood the move at the time, and it did almost pay off. But now it's time to move on...let him become someone else's problem.

Agree on lack of leadership, esepcially on the D. Former Patriot Ted Johnson was on NESN Sportsdesk (I get that channel because I have DirecTV), and he was so stunned by the lack of heart on the part of the Pats' D that he seemed personally offended by it. Yeah, true-blue "heart" guys are difficult to replace.

I can't say that the Moss "experiment" was a complete failure because he was one freak Tyree catch and one defensive stop away from winning a SB (where he caught the ball that put them ahead), and he was a big-time player in '07. But there's no way he should be back on the team next year, based on what I've seen these past two seasons. He doesn't battle nearly enough anymore. He can be shut down by elite corners. Like you noted, he gets knocked around a little and he gives right up. It's not even the fact that he won't come up with a lot of catches...he stops blocking, he'll give up on routes prematurely, etc...Johnson noticed that and ripped him rightly. Since the Pats had to give up only a 4th-round pick for him (which says plenty), although I had serious reservations, I understood the move at the time, and it did almost pay off. But now it's time to move on...let him become someone else's problem.

No argument, they gave up almost nothing for him, but at the same time they were a dynasty in the making before they got him and have not won a championship since they got him.

Hey the last time we played Fraud we knocked him out of the game... why not finish the job?? :evil:

I am convinced it will take near death for him to retire. If he gets something severely injured in the game he will get it surgically repaired in the offseason, skip training camp, and show up for game 1.

I am convinced it will take near death for him to retire. If he gets something severely injured in the game he will get it surgically repaired in the offseason, skip training camp, and show up for game 1.

I am fully willing to oblige him on that :P

and he did not return in that game... I remember it well... I drafted Aaron Rodgers in 3 leagues the next year on his relief effort in that game alone .....

I am fully willing to oblige him on that :P

and he did not return in that game... I remember it well... I drafted Aaron Rodgers in 3 leagues the next year on his relief effort in that game alone .....

I had Rodgers this year. He sh!t the bed for me in my playoffs, which was the week the Packers played at Chicago...

I had Rodgers this year. He sh!t the bed for me in my playoffs, which was the week the Packers played at Chicago...

I didn't have him this year :)

PS... some Rutgers alum not remembering that it was Nathan Jones who knocked Favre out of the game :whistling: :whistling:

So did Farve against Chicago, Arizona, etc. What is your point?

If Farve started on the Packers this year they are dueling it out with Detroit for the first round draft pick.

Rodgers, with that offensive line was a superstar this year.

So did Farve against Chicago, Arizona, etc. What is your point?

If Farve started on the Packers this year they are dueling it out with Detroit for the first round draft pick.

Rodgers, with that offensive line was a superstar this year.

Rodgers was great this year for sure. The week his numbers were the lowest was my playoff week. That's all...

81411334.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934B869679A269F9CCA585B23099DE8FA626FD13ED7B73D4BC

Been reading some of the forums in Massachusetts, from Patriots fans no less. Some food-for-thought for NE fans to chew on; (and this is going all the way back since 2005 mind you) Over Brady's last 8 playoff games.. he's barely .500 (with a 4-4 record) and 17 turnovers to boot! (12 interceptions - 5 fumbles) An average of over 2 turnovers per game! :huh:

...was he a passenger to those great defensive Patriot teams of the early 2000's? (because I count ZERO rings since Spygate) -You decide.

81411334.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934B869679A269F9CCA585B23099DE8FA626FD13ED7B73D4BC

Been reading some of the forums in Massachusetts, from Patriots fans no less. Some food-for-thought for NE fans to chew on; (and this is going all the way back since 2005 mind you) Over Brady's last 8 playoff games.. he's barely .500 (with a 4-4 record) and 17 turnovers to boot! (12 interceptions - 5 fumbles) An average of over 2 turnovers per game! :huh:

...was he a passenger to those great defensive Patriot teams of the early 2000's? (because I count ZERO rings since Spygate) -You decide.

The whole "spygate" thing is total BS that most football fans ignore. The players still have to make the plays and coaches & players will always review in-game photo's and game film on a daily basis.

Brady is still a great QB, the biggest difference in the PAT's is that they are no longer a running team.

Getting Moss and Welker and losing Charlie Weiss changed their offensive philosophy. They don't have a Corey Dillon making the big runs and controlling the clock on the offensive side. The D is just rudderless.

Been reading some of the forums in Massachusetts, from Patriots fans no less. Some food-for-thought for NE fans to chew on; (and this is going all the way back since 2005 (since January 14, 2006, actually...on Feb 6, 2005 the Pats won their third Super Bowl)) Over Brady's last 8 playoff games.. he's barely .500 (with a 4-4 record) and 17 turnovers to boot! (12 interceptions - 5 fumbles) An average of over 2 turnovers per game! :huh:

I knew it would only be a matter of time before you'd post something idiotic. Suffice it to say you didn't disappoint. No one cares about your ring count except for you.

Brady's a first ballot Hall Of Famer, and all your bellyaching about Spygate won't change that. His playoff numbers haven't been as impressive lately, no one can dispute that, but he's been as big a reason as any as to why his team got to the playoffs so often in the first place, why his team has played in exactly 18 playoff games since he became the starter, and why they've gone to four Super Bowls. Even with that 4-4 mark in his last 8, he's still 14-4 overall in his playoff career. Anyone who's watched the Patriots on a regular basis since he emerged knows he's elite, and one of the best ever to play, and your hatred of all things Patriot won't change any of it. BTW, Brady's won more playoff games than your team has IN ITS ENTIRE HISTORY (14 to 9). As matter of fact, he's played in just two less games than your team has in its entire history to this point, though to be fair that number will be at least three by weekend's end.

Manta's post is far more accurate.

The Patriots need to draft a RB. They screwed up with Maroney over D'Angelo. They could have fixed that pick and took Jonathan Stewart. And last draft they could have had McCoy or Greene in the 2nd round.

Time to finally address that problem.

They brought in Fred Taylor, probably hoping he could contribute, say, on a level 70%-80% of what Dillon did.

It's easy to say that they screwed up with Maroney with hindsight as a guide, but he clearly has to go. He hasn't improved one bit since being drafted. I haven't taken a look to see if there are any FA RB out there...are there any?

They brought in Fred Taylor, probably hoping he could contribute, say, on a level 70%-80% of what Dillon did.

It's easy to say that they screwed up with Maroney with hindsight as a guide, but he clearly has to go. He hasn't improved one bit since being drafted. I haven't taken a look to see if there are any FA RB out there...are there any?

I agree; Maroney is buried too deep in the BB doghouse to be a consideration next year.

I think Bellichek was looking to work the Corey Dillon magic reclamation project for far too long. He hasn't been able to do it between Lamont Jordan, Sammy Morris, and now Fred Taylor it's time the PAT's went back to the draft board and did some homework.

RB's are easy to come by... you just need to draft one or two in the draft...we've had the RB-discussion ad-nauseum here before... the Patriots BIGGER problem is getting that defense righted... draft some DE's, get some speed and youth in there.... stop bringing back Junior Seau for Christ's Sake.... dare I say it... rebuild... it can be done on the fly, but it need be addressed AND NOW

Also.... Brady will be better next year... the first year post major injury like his is always a throw-away, it's the year AFTER you learn about the player.....

This sounds like sour grapes to me. Is there anyone out there buying this?

Packers-Cardinals Game Ends in Officiating Controversy

Troy Aikman mentioned on the Packers' second down play in overtime that a defender hit Aaron Rodgers "helmet to helmet. ... I'm pretty surprised there was no call for roughing the passer here.

Two plays later, the Packers lost the game on a Rodgers fumble which was returned for a touchdown. On the play in question, it does appear the defender got enough of Rodgers' facemask to warrant a flag, in my opinion.

This sounds like sour grapes to me. Is there anyone out there buying this?

I screamed for the flag when it happened actually

hell Aikman even SAID that Rodgers got KILLED on the play which made me look at it again

I think the helmet to helmet is the bigger concern. The face mask, as the officials have already put the word out, was a grab and not a yank. Although during games they've been ambiguous since the 5 yard penalty is gone, usually they'll only flag for a blatant twist or yank but have penalized for lesser grabs, exactly what the last play was. However, the helmet to helmet was obvious and pretty black & white, it should've been called. Can't do anything about it now and the fact that the Packers got a break with the missed FG and even won the coin toss....those are the way the ball bounces sometimes....happens and if I were a Packers fan I'm sure I'd be fuming but that's just the way it is....

This will make dolphins fans cringe, but Ronnie Brown could be on his way out of Miami as a Free Agent. Nothing but speculation by a fan of a different team, but I know Parcells is much more about the system than he is about the big-money players, and with Ricky's emergence as a surefire #1 RB, along with Patrick Cobbs' and Lex Hilliard's improvement I could see Ronnie somewhere else pretty easily.

Also, if I'm Jerry I do my best to trade Marion Barber in the offseason (2nd-3rd round pick), or Tashard Choice for a first-round pick and nothing less. Sure, having 3 backs is great. But Tash doesn't sniff the field for 90% of the snaps, and he has the ability to *start* and get the bulk on some teams.

If a labor deal isn't reached by March, Brown is a RFA and under contract to the Dolphins for another season at (I believe) $5 mil. If they do strike a labor deal, then he would be a UFA. And considering Ricky is 32 years old and was beginning to wear down towards the end of the season- not to mention the fact that he has already announced that 2010 will be his last season before retiring- chances are Ronnie is going nowhere.