N.F.L. Wild Card Round

CRASHER

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...just saw playoff picture standings graphic off ESPN. (which encompassed regular season statistics) Nice seeing the Patriots record @ 10-7, and the Jets record also @ 10-7.... but oh wait that's right! The Jets are still alive. :P

Sorry, too busy watching this epic comeback of the Pakcers!!

This is the craziest comeback since Oilers/Bills... CMON FRANK REICH!!

This is an insane game. Definitely best of the weekend so far. Ray's stats for ya Crash: 22 carries for 159 and 2 TD's!

Those are some ALL-PRO numbers! I am dying to see overtime in this Packers game, but I think they left too much time on the clock for Warner. I think the Cards will win on a late FG...

EDIT: I do not believe Rackers missed that! This is gonna be an insane ending folks!

Edited by ThreeCups

I would just like to pile on and say how glorious yesterday was seeing the Eagles and their loud-mouthed fans with their has-been, guitar-strumming, cocky QB get their teeth kicked in. I mean, two weeks in a row and three times to Dallas....talk about humble pie!

...and I'm NOT a Cowboys fan either!

Oh how wonderful 610 WIP will be this week!!

First off, congrats to the Ravens fans and Jets fans. Your teams were hungry and ready and wanted their wins in the worst way. Both teams were worthy and deserved their victories. As far as the Jets go, even if they lose by 20+ points next week, they've already achieved plenty...winning a playoff game with a rookie HC and a rookie QB is an impressive feat, and they have laid the foundation for a terrific defense.

As for the Pats, in a way I'm glad they lost as badly as they did, because now there can be no doubt as to what this team is: a big-time bunch of frontrunning, bullying FRAUDS. No more living in 2007. No more trying to recapture that season. It's finally over. This team needs an identity makeover, and the first guy to go should be the ultimate frontrunner of all: Randy Moss. Don't let the solid numbers fool you...in 2007, when he actually was motivated and felt like he had something to prove, yeah, he was a monster who found a way to come down with nearly every ball thrown his way. Since that season, he's been the Moss that can kill a team...the guy who fights for balls only when he feels like it...the guy who quits and disappears when faced with any adversity at all...the guy who sulks when things aren't going his way. Peter King said it perfectly (paraphrasing) "Moss has no toughness at all...when the ship starts to list he's the first one off." Brady has shown that he can win without top-notch receivers, and if Wes Welker can come back healthy (big if, unfortunately), Welker's still a better receiver than what he had to work with in his previous SB wins. Give me a guy who's clutch, like Troy Brown or Deion Branch, over a chest-thumper like Moss. Randy can take Maroney with him.

And hopefully BB rediscovers his passion, because his coaching was MIA this year...he was outcoached in way too many games this year, and by rookie HCs no less...hey Bill, what's the view like from up inside your ass? I could've handled the Pats being beat by the Ravens if the Pats had shown up, but to come out with zero emotion against a team that was clearly going to be pumped, primed and ready...that's inexcusable.

CR: I have been an admirer of the Pats for the last decade, but even with all the Preparation Ray Lewis makes to get our D ready, there was no fight on the Defensive side of the ball for NE. I saw Kevin Faulk try to rally the offensive, but the team is toothless without Bruschi, Vrable, and Harrison and even Seymour.

No leadership and that to me was the difference in this game. We got an early start but the Pat's of old would have battled back.

I loved Ray Lewis's "NO FREE ACCESS" policy towards the NE receivers and particularly Moss. We knocked him around so much on the line of scrimmage that he refused to actually play in the game. Moss tenure on the Pat's looks like an experiment gone awry.

I got one at the bar last night thank you.... from a fellow Cowboy fan B )

Deservedly so, this is the best Cowboy TEAM since Jimmy Johnson was the coach. I think they are going to crush the Vikings on Sunday.