Fans Wanting Respect

Jimmy Leeds

I suppose so. Let's think about this parking lot business, too. I think it's better to stand in one spot, even if the celebration is short, than to stand in one spot and watch everyone go by in one minute. Basically everyone is centered for the players, the Cup and the video.

I started telling everyone at work including my boss: "It's NOT a Parade it's a CELEBRATION!" I also like calling it a big tail gate party. I had fun just being there with other fans, the team and the cup. The only things I didn't like was having to listen to one of the "owners" long winded speech and to the Governor.

I agree with you Zamode...

A "party" is so much more personal and fun. You get to actually see the players. Whereas a parade you stand around for hours and see them go by for less then a second and its over.

People just don't get the logic that a party is much better. :)

I agree. I am trying to learn to ignore the "theys."

They are jealous - the only ones I will listen to complaining about the parking lot parades are Devils fans. Hey, if the Flyers won and held their celebration in a parking lot, would their fans be upset?

"This is the only parking lot with the CUP!" - Joe Piscopo (sure he's a joke but he had some choice words)

I know the "theys" speak out of envy...but it just get so annoying after a while...and its not like you can avoid them becuase "they" are basically everywhere...from espnTV to Wfan to ESPn radio to Wip, unless you avoid all thing related to sports it hard to avoid them...I've started just to laugh at them...other than the ESPN Tv guys...becuase their bias especially annoys me just becuase they really should be much more nuetral...