July 5 - 2001 STANLEY CUP FINALS, GAME 7

NEW JERSEY DEVILS VS. COLORADO AVALANCHE

PEPSI CENTER DENVER, CO USA

July 9 - 1994 EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS, GAME 7

NEW JERSEY DEVILS VS. NEW YORK RANGERS

MADISON SQUARE GARDEN NEW YORK, NY USA

They lost both but I expect them to replay 2000 and 2003 soon. :D

(yeah right, freakin' ESPN :angry: )

this years game 7 was NOT and instant classic, neither is game 7 in 2001, they just want to show Bourque 1 more time.

game 7 in 94 was probably the greatest hockey game ever though, just incredible tension.

I've only seen espn classic show game 6 of 2000 once, and that was right after they won.

However, they only have a three game rotation with the Devils, two 94' ot losses, and the 2001 loss in game 7. Damned if they show a classic Devils win.

I think you'll eventually see this years game 7 on espn classic, but just because it was a cup final doesn't make it an "instant classic". The quality of play didn't warrant instant classic status, so it might have to wait a few years before espn puts it on.

Game 7 vs. Ottawa WAS a classic to any fan. Great game, drama, etc.

As was 2000 Game 7 vs. Philly. These should be shown in time as much as 94 gms 6 & 7.

ESPN does seem to find Devil losses way more "classic" than Devil wins.

I figure ESPN's next Instant Classic involving the Devils will be the SCF Game 6 so they can show Kariya rising from the dead and resurrecting his team. :rolleyes:

(I hope that analogy doesn't offend anyone - I'm just being sarcastic about ESPN.)

Well ESPN will always hate the Devils as long as Lamoriello is running the show:

"I've had it with Lou Lamoriello," ESPN executive Mark Quenzel told the magazine. "He cares only about his team, not trying to market the NHL."

Quite frankly, I can take the devils being portrayed as the bad guy in all of ESPN's ventures, as long as the team still wins championships. And I love how network executives can't stand to take some of the blame for a problem they are 90% responsible for.