GDT:Devils vs. Islanders 7:00 PM ET

Devs3cups

wansn't supprised with the loss. we never fair well in back to back games.

Just pleased to see Danis get the start. Still plenty of time to sort aspects of play out before the playoffs, as long as we go into the post season hot i will be happy. Don't care about the division.

when martin returns that will be one less forward on the PP.

Onwards to the pens game!!!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have a chance to re-watch the Isles game last night you will see with the exception of Kovy's goal Kovy had a very bad night. His passing was bad, he had turnovers he and Elias weren't into this game with their best effort. These shots from the point on the PP have to stop and they need to get low and play rebounds. The shots from the point aren't on goal they are high or wide. OH well on to the next game.

That loss was ALL Mottau's fault!!! He was the reason we had 40 shots on goal and only 2 goals...... oh and our PP sucks because we also had 40 shots on goal all game and only scored 2 goals................. LOL :giggle:

Seriously big friggin deal, we lost a game. we are not going to win every game left in the season and then win every playoff game. As long as we dont hit any 5 or 6 game losing streaks we'll be fine. Our effort was there with 40 shots on goal.

oh and another thing our PP was not very good on friday night and we still won. which proves you dont have to rely on the PP to win games, YES it is a great opportunity to score and put teams away but teams can win games if they can score 5-5.

Edited by overtime98

This is a big deal only because the islanders are a last place team for a reason, we're better team, and we were playing agaisnt a 40 year old goalie if I heard the announcers correctly..so are you fvcking serious, we just lost to a last place team with a 40 year old goalie in net? i know we had a tough game against the pens the night before but good teams come out and win the next night too especially when that next night they are playing a team that is not in playoff contention. i honestly don't blame the offense..we did have chances..our PP sucks balls for sure but I think it might have been a mistake to start Dani, we win if Brodeur was in net last night. We should have started Dani against Boston...so basically we can blame the loss on Jaq if we wanted.

Oh and PS the Islanders were on a 4 game losing streak..the Devils find yet another way to embarrass themselves and the fans.

Edited by PhuckinKillAvery

This is a big deal only because the islanders are a last place team for a reason, we're better team, and we were playing agaisnt a 40 year old goalie if I heard the announcers correctly..so are you fvcking serious, we just lost to a last place team with a 40 year old goalie in net? i know we had a tough game against the pens the night before but good teams come out and win the next night too especially when that next night they are playing a team that is not in playoff contention. i honestly don't blame the offense..we did have chances..our PP sucks balls for sure but I think it might have been a mistake to start Dani, we win if Brodeur was in net last night. We should have started Dani against Boston...so basically we can blame the loss on Jaq if we wanted.

Oh and PS the Islanders were on a 4 game losing streak..the Devils find yet another way to embarrass themselves and the fans.

You're being a little dramatic here.

The Isles came out fired up (that was the most amount of hits they had all year) and the Devils weren't ready, that's all. And how is playing our 38 year old goalie (who everyone was crapping on last weekend) going to make our team score more goals on their 40 year old goalie? Besides if Brodeur started and lost, everyone would flip out over how dumb Jacques is for playing Marty against a last place team when Marty has been having bad games on the Island the last couple of years.

There's no need to pass blame, it was a classic trap game coming off 2 big wins over division rivals.

You're being a little dramatic here.

The Isles came out fired up (that was the most amount of hits they had all year) and the Devils weren't ready, that's all. And how is playing our 38 year old goalie (who everyone was crapping on last weekend) going to make our team score more goals on their 40 year old goalie? Besides if Brodeur started and lost, everyone would flip out over how dumb Jacques is for playing Marty against a last place team when Marty has been having bad games on the Island the last couple of years.

There's no need to pass blame, it was a classic trap game coming off 2 big wins over division rivals.

I'm just going off the goals I saw scored..it's pretty safe to say 3 out of 4 were weak.

They were weak. But Danis is a back-up goalie making league minimum who plays once a month if he's lucky. I don't know what people are expecting out of him.

Maybe to come out with a better game against his old team and to try and actually win the 7 games he starts all seasons....just wishful thinking i guess. I miss Clemenson :saddevil:

Maybe to come out with a better game against his old team and to try and actually win the 7 games he starts all seasons....just wishful thinking i guess. I miss Clemenson :saddevil:

Of course it would be nice, but if he could win 7 of 7 games he wouldn't be a back-up. And Clemmensen is playing like garbage this year.