Concerts

Devils Dose

Now that would be a great show...if only the weren't playing at Terminal 5. As for Le Poisson Rouge, I almost saw Kate Miller-Hedike there about six months ago but found out about the show too late. As for recent shows, I went to see The Decemberists at the Beacon last Wednesday. Excellent show and I'm really liking the newer, more country feel of the new album, even if alot of it sounds like old REM. Definately woth braving the blowing snow to get back to my place. As for upcoming, I'm considering seeing Fleet Foxes at the United Palace in middle March.

i haven't been to terminal 5 yet but i've heard the sound there is absolutely terrible. really hoping that's not the case. my wife got the tickets for my birthday and i guess she didn't know about the masonic temple show.

Edited by pattyelias

Now that would be a great show...if only the weren't playing at Terminal 5. As for Le Poisson Rouge, I almost saw Kate Miller-Hedike there about six months ago but found out about the show too late. As for recent shows, I went to see The Decemberists at the Beacon last Wednesday. Excellent show and I'm really liking the newer, more country feel of the new album, even if alot of it sounds like old REM. Definately woth braving the blowing snow to get back to my place. As for upcoming, I'm considering seeing Fleet Foxes at the United Palace in middle March.

God, I wanted to get to one of those Decemberists shows so badly, but funds have been low of late. Damn.

I'm holding off on Fleet Foxes until the Lollapalooza lineup is announced. If I'm gonna make the trip back out there, I'm gonna need to save money, and I'm hoping they're on the lineup away.

Where are the GGD playing?

Goo goo dolls are playing the Pantages Playhouse in winnipeg..I'm waiting to hear back about some second row seats but who knows..i might end up on a balcony...it's an awesome venue..saw Bryan Adams there a few valentines days ago, front row..acoustic/..amazing...the only thing is that because it's considered historical 9100 and some years old) there is no alcohol permitted in the main concert hall only the lobby..UGH\

Also gonna check out motorhead this weekend..that should be INSANE...Think im being dragged to nelly as well...LOL

Just filmed a show for this band The National. Anyone heard of them. They were incredible live.

Somehow I knew that when I saw you were the most recent post in this thread, you were gonna be talking about The National show, haha.

I was there, it was fvcking incredible. I've seen that band play Lollapalooza and sell out the Wellmont Theater, so seeing them in a tiny, 300 person club in New York City was just amazing. They're always pretty incredible live, but yesterday was just...insane.

Were you one of the ones running the video cameras for MTV? I was standing right next to one of them.

Wow, I guess I'll have to finally break down and pick up an album from The National. Everytime I go on Amazon, they are telling me I'd love them based on my purchasing history, so I guess I kinda have to. Any suggestions on a good first album to pick up?

I'd suggest starting with Boxer, then High Violet, then work your way through the older three albums. It's great music, and I think you'll probably really dig it based on what I know of your musical taste from this thread.

I missed OFWGKTA in NYC. If you haven't heard of them they are a group of rappers out of Cali that are killing it. Their stuff is really dark and I'd call it punk rap. Sorta wu-tang ish too. They were on Jimmy Fallon last night and gave one of the best Late Night I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CyMuBi-kH8 *higher res.

Edited by oofrostonoo

I missed OFWGKTA in NYC. If you haven't heard of them they are a group of rappers out of Cali that are killing it. Their stuff is really dark and I'd call it punk rap. Sorta wu-tang ish too. They were on Jimmy Fallon last night and gave one of the best Late Night I've ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XlGWRPnp0ok

Wow...I'm a fan. Love the intensity and raw emotion of it all! Definately reminicent of old Wu Tang. Thanks for the link!

Wow...I'm a fan. Love the intensity and raw emotion of it all! Definately reminicent of old Wu Tang. Thanks for the link!

haven't been this excited about rap in awhile..glad to see something original. follow the main dude Tyler (@fvcktyler) on twitter. kid is hilarious.

Edited by oofrostonoo

i haven't been to terminal 5 yet but i've heard the sound there is absolutely terrible. really hoping that's not the case. my wife got the tickets for my birthday and i guess she didn't know about the masonic temple show.

Terminal 5 is dependent on the act sound wise. If you're on the floor, the headlining act will sound fine, but the opening act mixes are normally completely sh!t. Standard fare really, but Terminal 5 that distinction is rather extreme. I saw The Walkmen there back in December and I like both of the openers, but the sound really hurt them, whereas The Walkmen sounded incredible.

Ive seen The National 4 times. Twice in Richmond last spring and again at the Brooklyn Academy gig they filmed for Youtube besides the first time I saw them at a festival back when Boxer came out. They're one of the best bands Ive ever seen live. Kind of an "American Radiohead" for lack of a better nom de plume.

I go to a sh!t ton of gigs. Mercury Lounge tonight (Asobi Seksu). Really looking forward to Fleet Foxes in May for two nights at United Palace which is a STUNNING venue. Got a bunch in between now and then.

I am not going to see The Strokes at MSG though. $70 bucks for the goddamn Strokes.

Terminal 5 is dependent on the act sound wise. If you're on the floor, the headlining act will sound fine, but the opening act mixes are normally completely sh!t. Standard fare really, but Terminal 5 that distinction is rather extreme. I saw The Walkmen there back in December and I like both of the openers, but the sound really hurt them, whereas The Walkmen sounded incredible.

Ive seen The National 4 times. Twice in Richmond last spring and again at the Brooklyn Academy gig they filmed for Youtube besides the first time I saw them at a festival back when Boxer came out. They're one of the best bands Ive ever seen live. Kind of an "American Radiohead" for lack of a better nom de plume.

I go to a sh!t ton of gigs. Mercury Lounge tonight (Asobi Seksu). Really looking forward to Fleet Foxes in May for two nights at United Palace which is a STUNNING venue. Got a bunch in between now and then.

I am not going to see The Strokes at MSG though. $70 bucks for the goddamn Strokes.

Between pushing $70 for The Strokes and over $45 for TV On The Radio at Radio City Music Hall, I'm going to be missing two of my favorite bands because I just can't afford it. Ridiculous, but I guess that's the price to pay (literally) for success and fame.

Are you going to LCD Soundsystem's big sendoff show at MSG? I was vaguely considering it, but I never got that into them, so I'll probably skip it.

I just filmed a concert of the National at Webster Hall in the basement... they were really great live, I'll post it when it is online.

I've seen probably 10 shows at T5... the sound has never been horrible, but it's never been great..well Girl Talk sounded incredible but that is all coming out of one computer. Flaming Lips sounded good, and LCD Soundsystem sounded okay...

My biggest gripe with T5 is that it is so far west.

But yeah i agree... on the floor the sound is much better.

Between pushing $70 for The Strokes and over $45 for TV On The Radio at Radio City Music Hall, I'm going to be missing two of my favorite bands because I just can't afford it. Ridiculous, but I guess that's the price to pay (literally) for success and fame.

Are you going to LCD Soundsystem's big sendoff show at MSG? I was vaguely considering it, but I never got that into them, so I'll probably skip it.

The LCD show literally sold out in seconds @ MSG. I was on the site 5 minutes prior to the sale... hitting refresh... as soon as it was available i selected 1 ticket anywhere... and nothing was available. Everyone is very pissed off about it; they ended up adding 5 shows at Terminal 5.

I managed to get a ticket off my friend who nabbed one in the presale. GD scalpers.

I just filmed a concert of the National at Webster Hall in the basement... they were really great live, I'll post it when it is online.

I've seen probably 10 shows at T5... the sound has never been horrible, but it's never been great..well Girl Talk sounded incredible but that is all coming out of one computer. Flaming Lips sounded good, and LCD Soundsystem sounded okay...

My biggest gripe with T5 is that it is so far west.

But yeah i agree... on the floor the sound is much better.

The LCD show literally sold out in seconds @ MSG. I was on the site 5 minutes prior to the sale... hitting refresh... as soon as it was available i selected 1 ticket anywhere... and nothing was available. Everyone is very pissed off about it; they ended up adding 5 shows at Terminal 5.

I managed to get a ticket off my friend who nabbed one in the presale. GD scalpers.

Were you working for that National show? I managed to buy tickets, it seems like it went down the same way LCD Soundsystem's onsale did (of course, we're talking a 300-capacity basement versus a 18,000 capacity stadium). I somehow got tickets right when they went on sale but they were apparently gone within less than a minute.

I've seen The National three times now (all in the past year) and each show gets better and better. First time I saw them, I wasn't fond of Terrible Love as the set closer, by the second time it was better...at the Webster Hall Studio show, it was one of the most intense concert experiences of my life.

God I love that band.

Im not into them much myself, so no. I have to at least be into someone a bit to go see a show at a cavern like MSG. If I was going to bother with em, Id go to one of the T5 gigs, even those Im not particularly enthused about.

Heres my current list of upcomings:

3/9 - Anna Calvi // Telekinesis & The Love Language - Mercury Lounge

3/14 - James Blake - Williamsburg

3/21 - British Sea Power - Maxwell's

3/23 - Richard Ashcroft - Bowery

4/7 - Asobi Seksu - Bowery

4/8 - The Black Angels - Bowery

4/9 - The Black Angels - Williamsburg

4/12 - The Go Team - Bowery

4/20 - PJ Harvey - T5

4/21 - The Raveonettes - Williamsburg

4/22 - Mogwai - Webster Hall

5/4 - Foals - T5

5/5 - Tim Minchin - Gramercy

5/6 - Pains of Being Pure at Heart - Webster Hall

5/18 - Fleet Foxes - United Palace

5/19 - Fleet Foxes - United Palace

Yup..next to the bar on a little podium.

I would probably kill for your job, haha. That's a sweet gig. I was closer to the door, by the time I got inside it was too packed to even consider going to get a drink at the bar. Still pretty awesome, Matt Berninger blew right by me and the girl I was with when he went out into the crowd during Terrible Love.

So that National concert that I was at and oofrostonoo was filming is online (well, the parts recorded for MTV, anyway). Highly recommended if you've been meaning to check out the National but haven't yet.

http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/623544/terrible-love-live.jhtml#artist=1239322 Terrible Love

http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/623537/fake-empire-live.jhtml#artist=1239322 Fake Empire

http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/623520/bloodbuzz-ohio-live.jhtml#artist=1239322 Bloodbuzz Ohio

http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/623517/afraid-of-everyone-live.jhtml#artist=1239322 Afraid of Everyone

I believe a fifth song was supposed to be included, but I can't remember which song it was and it's not up as far as I can tell.

All the songs are from the most recent album (High Violet), except Fake Empire, which is from the album Boxer.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...