Sykie Accepts Deal With Ducks

NJayDevil

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=53869&hubName=nhl

Sykora agrees to terms with Ducks

TSN.ca Staff

9/14/2003

The Los Angeles Times reports that forward Petr Sykora has agreed to terms on a contract with the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim on Saturday and will join training camp on Sunday.

Sykora declined to discuss the terms of the contract with the paper, but it is believed he will receive more than $4 million per season.

He had been seeking a four-year deal, while the Ducks were reportedly offering three. General Manager Bryan Murray indicated Saturday that he had changed his offer "where he could secure another year."

Sykora, acquired from the New Jersey Devils prior to last season, led the team with 34 goals. He also scored two overtime goals in the playoffs, helping the Ducks reach the Stanley Cup Final.

I am very glad for Sykora> I feel he has earned a position of respect in the NHL. Now please don't put him down because of physical injuries and refusal to play as we really don't know the extent of his pain or possible further injury should he come on the ice and play. Many players for the Devils have bailed out a game of two because of injuries or sickness during the playoffs. Don't you wonder why the Devils have so many players that get food poisoning during the playoffs, especially on the road? Are the Devils management buying bad and cheap food for players? I don't think so. I think this is a Devils excuse for an injury.